PDA

View Full Version : New HAILSTATE Video:

Lloyd Christmas
10-16-2014, 09:24 AM
LINK Becuz too hard to embed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht7Lk5J1FLg&list=UUeDDInREzm0nJNnCNFSmVwA)

Dawgheadcheese
10-16-2014, 09:30 AM
nm

rbdog82
10-16-2014, 09:31 AM
Well done, as always.

engie
10-16-2014, 09:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht7Lk5J1FLg&list=UUeDDInREzm0nJNnCNFSmVwA

ShotgunDawg
10-16-2014, 09:47 AM
Great video and documentation of that day. More of a documentation of the day than a "hype video", but I think that was appropriate in this circumstance.

Rick Danko
10-16-2014, 09:51 AM
Gives me goosebumps. Awesome!

curmudgeon
10-16-2014, 10:02 AM
Who put these onions on my desk?

Liverpooldawg
10-16-2014, 10:10 AM
Man, I told my office staff to get rid of all this dust. What a great day that was. Now, on to the next one!

bluelightstar
10-16-2014, 10:11 AM
Fantastic, awesome, tremendous. All words that come to mind. I wish we had used Gary and Verne's commentating on a couple of plays, but that's nitpicking. This is great stuff.

mparkerfd20
10-16-2014, 10:24 AM
Damn onion cutters!!

DanDority
10-16-2014, 10:49 AM
Gives me goosebumps. Awesome!

I got'em all over even had tingling between my thighs!

chef dixon
10-16-2014, 12:36 PM
Jim Ellis could stand to get excited every once in a while.

MaroonStateofMind
10-16-2014, 12:39 PM
Great video and documentation of that day. More of a documentation of the day than a "hype video", but I think that was appropriate in this circumstance.

Don't forget - its a bye week. Therefore hype video will come out next Thursday. This video was a perfect documentation of the day all together.

Political Hack
10-16-2014, 12:43 PM
I love our new video department.

ShotgunDawg
10-16-2014, 12:47 PM
Jim Ellis could stand to get excited every once in a while.

I agree. I don't want David Kellum, but it seems like every other SEC school has a more passionate radio guy.

Jim's problem is that he clearly seems to be more of a baseball fan than a football fan. I love listening to how the Auburn radio guy calls their games and how Eli Gold calls Alabama. They are just more passionate about their team, and that comes across through the radio.

On Dak's biggest play of the year, at LSU, Ellis calls him "Zack Prescott" in the middle of the run for goodness sakes. For the rest of eternity, Dak's Heisman moment play will have that mistake in it. Brutal

MSU is simply better than this now. It's time to kick the amateurism out of here and start acting like a real, big time football program.

gtowndawg
10-16-2014, 03:39 PM
LINK Becuz too hard to embed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht7Lk5J1FLg&list=UUeDDInREzm0nJNnCNFSmVwA)

+1

Coach34
10-16-2014, 04:15 PM

shit, I dont feel so bad now

Dawgcentral
10-16-2014, 05:40 PM
I'm fist pumping on the Thursday after the game. Well done.

ScoobaDawg
10-17-2014, 12:16 PM

Exactly...hearing Jim saying in honor of jack lets wrap this one in maroon and white... Yeaaaaa...

ScoobaDawg
10-17-2014, 12:18 PM
Don't forget - its a bye week. Therefore hype video will come out next Thursday. This video was a perfect documentation of the day all together.

exactly. it is to be more of a documentation and it was WELL DONE.Awesome job

War Machine Dawg
10-17-2014, 01:25 PM
I agree. I don't want David Kellum, but it seems like every other SEC school has a more passionate radio guy.

Jim's problem is that he clearly seems to be more of a baseball fan than a football fan. I love listening to how the Auburn radio guy calls their games and how Eli Gold calls Alabama. They are just more passionate about their team, and that comes across through the radio.

On Dak's biggest play of the year, at LSU, Ellis calls him "Zack Prescott" in the middle of the run for goodness sakes. For the rest of eternity, Dak's Heisman moment play will have that mistake in it. Brutal

MSU is simply better than this now. It's time to kick the amateurism out of here and start acting like a real, big time football program.

Jim has called Dak "Zack" at least once in every game so far. No big deal, we're only halfway through the season, Dak has only been starting 2 seasons, and he's only been around the program for 4 seasons. Easy mistake to make.*****

We have GOT to find a way to gracefully retire Jim from football & Correrro. They are terrible. Jim is like Jack in his later years in terms of eyesight, mental sharpness, and verbal mistakes. The problem is Jim doesn't have nearly the goodwill built up with the fanbase as play-by-play for football that Jack did. Not to mention, Jim is just so used to doing baseball he can't get sped up enough to match the pace football play-by-play requires. There's a lot of dead time to fill in baseball, so that requires lots of talking. In football, it's the opposite. Describe the action, then as soon as it's over, shut up and let the color guy talk. And for the love of cowbells, shut up when it's time for a break so you don't miss a play.

As for Correrro, he's the most worthless sideline guy in the history of sideline guys. It boggles my mind that a fossil who's been around the program longer than I've been alive has literally no connections to get information like injury reports when you need them. He adds literally nothing to the broadcast. I can think of at least 3-4 times off the top of my head where they'll send it down to Correrro on the field to see what a flag is and he'll say "Yeah Jack/Jim, there's a flag down on the field. Back to you!" It's comical how bad he is.

I know they're old guys who've been around a long time. We should acknowledge that, but there has to be a way to gracefully upgrade our broadcast crew without embarrassing them in the process. Strick needs to figure it out yesterday, because right now it's a ginormous cluster17 and an embarrassment.