PDA

View Full Version : What to do in Atlanta

DudyDawg
10-16-2014, 08:26 AM
I'm going with four buddies next week for fall break. We went last year, and played a ton of golf and went to the aquarium. What other similar suggestions do yall have as far as day time activities? Anyrhing I have to see/do? Any food I gotta eat? Thanks

Political Hack
10-16-2014, 01:53 PM
college football hall of fame, lunch at stats next door.

Vortex burgers in little five points and then bar hop.

Gladys Knight's chicken and waffles if you're comfortable being the only white people there (assuming you're white?). It's awesome. Great down home food, but will likely be a long wait.

The comedy clubs in Atlanta are consistently good.

See what's going on at Fox Theatre and Buckhead Theatre.

If you want to shop at all (not my cup of tea), hit up Buckhead. it has everything.

Coke museum is actually pretty cool. Right next to the aquarium.

haven't been to the civil rights museum yet, but it looks cool from the outside. will make a trip soon.

the new Ferris wheel looks cool. haven't done it yet, but it's massive and you can see all of ATL from the top.

Sixflags

rock climbing at a huge indoor rock climbing place near spaghetti junction.

Cirque De sol (sp?) is in town near Atlantic station (good place for food and shopping too).

Areas of town to consider for happy hour or night life:
Little Five Points
Buckhead
Virginia Highlands (including the original Dark horse tavern).
midtown

DudyDawg
10-16-2014, 04:32 PM
You the mayor?? Damn ha. Thanks for the ideas. And yes, I'm white ha. Which area is the bar area for college aged kids? Thanks again for the suggestions

Political Hack
10-16-2014, 06:28 PM
grundge/rock and roll type crowd is little five points. GREAT spot for boozing and people watching.

I would be able to name you a "club" but the bars in old Buckhead are cool. they're close to the Buckhead theatre and you can hop from spot to spot.

Virginia highlands is a yuppie type spot for young professionals. Would be cool for y'all.

those are the areas Id choose from, unless you go to Atlantic Station or Ponce De Leon for food and drinks.

Clairmont lounge... look it up and decide...

Liverpooldawg
10-16-2014, 07:40 PM
Is that beer garden next door to Stats still there? Pretty decent German beer and German food, if you like that sort of thing.

Political Hack
10-16-2014, 07:47 PM
Is that beer garden next door to Stats still there? Pretty decent German beer and German food, if you like that sort of thing.

yeah, and it is good. one of the cooler patio spots downtown. I don't really like German food, but I go anyway. Stats is cool. you can get a table and pour your own beer by paying by the ounce. No waiting on service and you can fill your glass up to whatever level you want (keep it half full and cold non stop).

Liverpooldawg
10-16-2014, 08:32 PM
Glad to hear it's still there. I am hopefully going to a convention downtown in the spring. I DO like German food and beer. I always hit that place up.

DudyDawg
10-17-2014, 09:35 AM
Thanks. I may give that German place a try, there's a similar one I would go to in Houston that was tremendous

Tbonewannabe
10-17-2014, 11:41 AM
yeah, and it is good. one of the cooler patio spots downtown. I don't really like German food, but I go anyway. Stats is cool. you can get a table and pour your own beer by paying by the ounce. No waiting on service and you can fill your glass up to whatever level you want (keep it half full and cold non stop).

Last weekend it looked like Stats was closed for remodeling. Just FYI.

Political Hack
10-19-2014, 11:26 AM
Last weekend it looked like Stats was closed for remodeling. Just FYI.

I'll ask. if it is I may be able to find out when they reopen.

as I was typing this was told they may have had a fire. checking now...

Political Hack
10-19-2014, 12:06 PM
stats is closed for at least four more weeks. was a fire. battle with insurance company.