PDA

View Full Version : Playoff

msstate7
10-16-2014, 07:51 AM
Anyone find it fitting that the year we're number 1 that we'll have to play an extra game to win the NC?

(I know we have lots of work to do)

DudyDawg
10-16-2014, 08:13 AM
It would be the most MSU thing ever to get into the playoff as number one and get upset on some fluke play in the semis ha

RossDawg82
10-16-2014, 08:23 AM
Or we win it all and can say we are truly one of the first Undisputed Champions of College Football. Of course Ole Miss would have some sort of excuse as to why they got screwed and are still better than us.

SDDawg
10-16-2014, 08:29 AM
I honestly find it really weird that people are picking Ole Miss for the playoff. While I reluctantly acknowledge that they have a good team this year, I look at their remaining schedule and expect them to lose 2 or 3 games.

Aces High
10-16-2014, 08:36 AM
Or the 100th year at scott field and the year jack cristil died.

RossDawg82
10-16-2014, 08:41 AM
Personally I think they do have a great team. They have one of the better defenses in the country, some of the better WR in the country, and Bo is hitting his stride. I can say that if they continue to play the way they are, then we very well might visit them in the playoffs. I personally do not think they will get passed Auburn but that will most likely be their only loss going into the Egg Bowl.

MaxedOutMaroon
10-16-2014, 09:48 AM
Let's just beat Kentucky first

ShotgunDawg
10-16-2014, 09:53 AM
Anyone find it fitting that the year we're number 1 that we'll have to play an extra game to win the NC?

(I know we have lots of work to do)

I have thought about this irony, BUT we are gaining so much respect right now, that, who knows, we may lose a game and still get in the playoffs. That means the playoffs would be working for us.

We just have to let it play out. Personally, so long as we don't have to play Auburn, Ole Miss, or Bama in the playoff, I think we whip everyone else.

Homedawg
10-16-2014, 10:25 AM
I honestly find it really weird that people are picking Ole Miss for the playoff. While I reluctantly acknowledge that they have a good team this year, I look at their remaining schedule and expect them to lose 2 or 3 games.

I know coach is on board w this as well but no matter my level of hatred toward them I can't see them losing 3 games. 2 is possible, but at the end of the day ark will have to be perfect to beat them. And bo will have to be really bad bo. Although it isn't the greatest defensive matchup for ole miss, a pounding team. On top of that, the 2 that I've put as possible losses are at home. That's a big advantage.