PDA

View Full Version : Dan Wetzel knocks it out of the park on Winston

Quaoarsking
10-15-2014, 11:18 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ugly-treatment-of-jameis-winston-s-accuser-only-serves-to-discourage-future-victims-034943507-ncaaf.html

Wetzel almost always writes great columns.

ShotgunDawg
10-15-2014, 11:39 PM
Great column. I'm not sure what the answer is for Florida State, and I'm not sure I'd ever want Jimbo Fisher running my football program. But, then again, what is Jimbo supposed to do if there are no facts and no proof that a crime has been committed?

I often wonder how MSU fans and Dan Mullen would react if a certain MSU player was accused of something similar?

I would hope that the Starkville PD would put forth a detailed and complete investigation, so that, either way, everyone involved wasn't left in limbo.

Limbo is the worst. Either rain hard and the game gets canceled or let there be blue skys. The slow drizzle and uncertainty is the worst and every baseball player's nightmare.

Johnson85
10-16-2014, 08:58 AM
That was really good; the only thing I disagree with is that it takes it a little too easy on the girl in the hypothetical that the girl was not raped. He said/she said rape cases are brutal on the accuser and the accused. While nobody knows what happened, there's no doubt a rape either did or did not occur. Accusing somebody of rape is usually ruinous for a person whether they are convicted or not. If you accuse somebody and are wrong, even if you believe you were raped because your memory is fuzzy from drugs or alcohol, you deserve to be condemned. It sucks because there is no good way for society to sort it out. Pretty much no matter what, true victims and the falsely accused are going to be treated terribly and who goes to jail will be determined more by the likeability and reputation of the accuser and accused than what actually happened on the night in question.

blacklistedbully
10-16-2014, 10:39 AM
Top shelf.