PDA

View Full Version : SABR defied once again...

engie
10-15-2014, 06:27 PM
What gives? I thought solving single variables in equations with infinite variables should give you an answer to what you are supposed to do, which doesn't include bunting and stealing?

Just proves once again that SABR is useful as a tool, but does not replace nuanced understanding of the game.

Go Royals!

Todd4State
10-15-2014, 06:54 PM
As I said earlier this year, I think we are going to start seeing more small ball in MLB. You do what the players can do- and if a guy can run and steal bases well, it's silly to not let them do that.

If you look throughout the history of baseball, things change roughly every ten years or so with regards to power being dominant, pitching being dominant, and etc. It just goes in cycles like that for whatever reason.

I do agree that SABR is a useful tool, but games are not managed on a broad level like that. They are managed on an individual situation level.

Homedawg
10-15-2014, 08:51 PM
What gives? I thought solving single variables in equations with infinite variables should give you an answer to what you are supposed to do, which doesn't include bunting and stealing?

Just proves once again that SABR is useful as a tool, but does not replace nuanced understanding of the game.

Go Royals!

Golf clap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amen

HoopsDawg
10-15-2014, 09:02 PM
2 runs scored right?

Dallas_Dawg
10-15-2014, 09:06 PM
Speaking of this, what ever happened to Will James? He does know we are 6-0 right and fall baseball started?

msstate7
10-15-2014, 09:06 PM
2 runs scored right?

Yep and 8 straight playoff wins

War Machine Dawg
10-15-2014, 09:07 PM
Speaking of this, what ever happened to Will James? He does know we are 6-0 right and fall baseball started?

Been wondering that for weeks now. Come back, Pioneer.

engie
10-15-2014, 09:15 PM
He posted bitching about bunting and stealing in the AL wildcard play-in game 2 weeks ago...

Just as the small-ball team got ready to rattle off 8 in a row and into the World Series...