PDA

View Full Version : It's not just Ole Miss with the butt hurt.

Jack Lambert
10-15-2014, 02:43 PM
Every other fan base at other schools has it. "How in the world could a school like MSU be number 1?" That's what they think. The big boys can't accept it and the little boys like KY are jealous. Just go the other message boards and read what they are saying. Also I wish State fans that go over to their boards and defend the bell would just stop.

msstate7
10-15-2014, 02:50 PM
Kentucky will find out why we're number 1 next week. After lsu puts them in critical condition, we'll pull the plug on em next week. They'll be full force basketball sat night at 630pm

defiantdog
10-15-2014, 03:07 PM
Kentucky has a good secondary and a great running game. We pass to set up the run and have a great run defense. Should be a very intriguing game.

sleepy dawg
10-15-2014, 06:33 PM
Kentucky has a good secondary and a great running game. We pass to set up the run and have a great run defense. Should be a very intriguing game.

Actually, it shouldn't be an intriguing game. If we are truly the #1 team in the country, then this should be a pretty easy game for us.

gravedigger
10-15-2014, 06:52 PM
Shouldnt we defend the bell? Its just noise. It isnt an ak47

IMissJack
10-15-2014, 07:20 PM
To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if the bell is brought back up for vote after our success this year. It's no problem when we lose, but can't have it with us top.

msstate7
10-15-2014, 07:23 PM
To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if the bell is brought back up for vote after our success this year. It's no problem when we lose, but can't have it with us top.

If we win big this year, the sec won't strip our bells. Think how much press the sec is getting bc our success

IMissJack
10-15-2014, 07:35 PM
They don't need our success to get publicity for the SEC, see the last 22 years. And, we are not successful because of the cowbells, as great of a tradition as I think it is.

msstate7
10-15-2014, 07:47 PM
They don't need our success to get publicity for the SEC, see the last 22 years. And, we are not successful because of the cowbells, as great of a tradition as I think it is.

Miss state winning the national championship with a heisman trophy winner would get the sec much more publicity than auburn or alabama doing the same. Us winning big gives the sec more publicity than the usual suspects winning big

ShotgunDawg
10-15-2014, 08:35 PM
Every other fan base at other schools has it. "How in the world could a school like MSU be number 1?" That's what they think. The big boys can't accept it and the little boys like KY are jealous. Just go the other message boards and read what they are saying. Also I wish State fans that go over to their boards and defend the bell would just stop.

We are the "People's team" because we give everyone hope. Over the past 5-10 years, every fan base in the country has had recruiting rankings shoved down their throat, and, during that time, fan bases around the country have come to believe that recruiting rankings are the end all be all of college football.

However, MSU defies that. MSU makes every fan base believe they could by number 1, and makes the teams that recruit well even more frustrated in their coaching staff since they aren't ranked as high.

We've put many coaches with really good jobs on the hot seat, because we've taken away a big excuse

IMissJack
10-15-2014, 08:50 PM
Agree with a lot of this. I also think rest of country is tired same old SEC teams on Top.

blacklistedbully
10-15-2014, 09:07 PM
If we become defending NC, it's also possible we get the royal treatment instead.

Jack Lambert
10-15-2014, 09:16 PM
We are the "People's team" because we give everyone hope. Over the past 5-10 years, every fan base in the country has had recruiting rankings shoved down their throat, and, during that time, fan bases around the country have come to believe that recruiting rankings are the end all be all of college football.

However, MSU defies that. MSU makes every fan base believe they could by number 1, and makes the teams that recruit well even more frustrated in their coaching staff since they aren't ranked as high.

We've put many coaches with really good jobs on the hot seat, because we've taken away a big excuse

I was talking about SEC schools. I agree the rest of the country are either MSU or Ole MIss fans.