PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical Question

Aces High
10-15-2014, 07:49 AM
I had a crazy dream last night that a tornado hit campus and destroyed a lot of it and a good bit of the stadium.

So, what do you think would happen if a f5 hit oklahoma stadium or a cat5 hit florida and basically destroyed their stadiums? What would they do and how would it effect the program?

I know it is a strange question but eventually it will happen.

LiterallyPolice
10-15-2014, 08:05 AM
That is a strange question.... But the answer has to be similar to the 2005 Saints who were displaced due to Katrina. They would play the games at the closest, biggest stadium.

Of course, if a tornado destroyed a stadium, there is a good chance that much of their campus would be destroyed. I guess in that case, the semester would be fundamentally cancelled (see Tulane, Fall 2005) and with it the season.

Reason2succeed
10-15-2014, 08:19 AM
That is a strange question.... But the answer has to be similar to the 2005 Saints who were displaced due to Katrina. They would play the games at the closest, biggest stadium.

Of course, if a tornado destroyed a stadium, there is a good chance that much of their campus would be destroyed. I guess in that case, the semester would be fundamentally cancelled (see Tulane, Fall 2005) and with it the season.

Which essentially means that State would reach out to TSUN and Bama because those are the closest stadiums to us. I'm sure that ESPN would enjoy the emotional piece they would get to do just like they did for the Alabama tornado.

Political Hack
10-15-2014, 08:51 AM
we'd play in JSU's new dome.

TheRef
10-15-2014, 11:18 AM
I had a crazy dream last night that a tornado hit campus and destroyed a lot of it and a good bit of the stadium.

So, what do you think would happen if a f5 hit oklahoma stadium or a cat5 hit florida and basically destroyed their stadiums? What would they do and how would it effect the program?

I know it is a strange question but eventually it will happen.

Honestly, if it happened during the season we probably wouldn't play another game that season due to pure recovery time and emotional distress. Granted, maybe the administration will want to play to provide some way for fans, faculty, and residents to take their mind off of the tornado.

It's definitely a sensitive situation that depending on how severe the damage is to the surrounding area, we may or may not play the season. It's going to be done on a case basis and there isn't really a general answer that you can give.