PDA

View Full Version : 2nd half breakout players

msstate7
10-15-2014, 07:47 AM
Who you guys think is about to really step up their game the 2nd half of the season?

I'll go...

Offense: lewis. He's been good this year, but he's missed a couple games and I feel he's gonna be huge from here out.

Defense: Redmond. He's getting better and better every game. I think he's quickly becoming a lock down type of guy.

Honorable mention...

Offense: myles. He really looks a HR hitter in the making

Defense: cox. I think he's gonna really step it now that he's getting healthy

mic
10-15-2014, 08:03 AM
Ryan Brown.. Defense.. I'm hoping he flips the switch like Preston did late last year
Brandon Holloway... I think he busts a few long TD runs ...

Joe Schmedlap
10-15-2014, 08:16 AM
Offense: Mojo is back
Defense: Calhoun. Redmond will lock down one corner forcing teams to throw Calhoun's way, and he will make them pay.

MetEdDawg
10-15-2014, 08:17 AM
Offense: Malcolm Johnson. We are finally using him how he was designed and that's as a matchup problem. Out wide, on the LOS, shovel pass, down the field, blocking. He's getting more and more targets and he's going to continue to do things with them. He's only caught 10 passes this year and 5 of them were last week. He's becoming a more dependable target and I think Dak is going to look for him more. I expect him to have a great second half.

Defense: AJ Jefferson. Dude gets it and he gets better and better every single game. T-4 on the team in TFL, second on the team with 7 QBH and already has 1.5 sacks. He's becoming a difficult matchup for OL and I just like the way he gets after it when he gets his opportunities. He's going to continue to get them and I think he busts out second half of the year.

Reason2succeed
10-15-2014, 08:26 AM
Nelson Adams is showing up in big ways. Redmond just made NFL money on Saturday. Cox is about to go balls to the wall.

Brandon Hollloway because his speed will be even more pronounce after a long physical season.
Lewis and Gabe Myles should explode on the interior routes. Myles has great burst. Just needs to work on getting stronger hands so that defenders can't bat down passes.

Johnson85
10-15-2014, 08:43 AM
Offense: Myles. Teams are already gameplanning for Bear now. If we keep using M. Johnson the same way we did this past week, he'll get next mos attention. Myles will be the beneficiary of this attention. I know there are probably lots of little things Lewis does better as a senior than Myles does, but I think as far as playmaking Myles is going to have already surpassed Lewis unless Lewis really comes back 100% from his injury.

Defense: Somebody is going to be at the right place at the right time b/c of the pressure Preston Smith and C. Jones puts on the other teams offense. Could be another DL, could be Ri. Brown like in the A&M game, or it could be somebody like Cox.

DudyDawg
10-15-2014, 09:07 AM
Jameon is going to remind people why he was the leading returning receiver in the best conference in college football

ShotgunDawg
10-15-2014, 09:11 AM
I agree, I think Jameon is going to have a big second half. You almost have to wonder if we benefited from him being out because it made Myles and Graham need to step up. Now we have more depth and more options.

thf24
10-15-2014, 09:21 AM
Do we know Tubby is going to be back? I thought he had a stress fracture, doesn't seem like he could come back anytime soon from that.

ShotgunDawg
10-15-2014, 09:27 AM
Do we know Tubby is going to be back? I thought he had a stress fracture, doesn't seem like he could come back anytime soon from that.

Mullen said yesterday that Tubby would be 100% for the Kentucky game

War Machine Dawg
10-15-2014, 09:29 AM
Offense: The Freds. They've got all the physical tools and now they're comfortable in the system. Their also improving rapidly as run blockers. You see Dak trusting them more each week, so I think more balls will start coming their way.

Defense: Tolando Cleveland. He's played well so far, and like several others, you can see him getting better each week. He's barely scratched the surface of what he can do. I think he'll make a big impact before the season is over.

MaxedOutMaroon
10-15-2014, 09:40 AM
Offense: Fred Ross... Has looked exceptional at running routes. Don't see him dropping another like the streak route that he dropped
Defense: Tolando Cleveland or Cox. Cleveland has been pretty lock down. I judge corners off of targets and he seems to be getting targeted least frequent when out there

Rick Danko
10-15-2014, 09:45 AM
Defense: AJ Jefferson. Dude gets it and he gets better and better every single game. T-4 on the team in TFL, second on the team with 7 QBH and already has 1.5 sacks. He's becoming a difficult matchup for OL and I just like the way he gets after it when he gets his opportunities. He's going to continue to get them and I think he busts out second half of the year.

Don't know why I remember this but I do. When we were recruiting AJ, all I can remember is a guy named Sevendust on 247 talking about he was begging us to take him but we never would, he was soft, etc etc, then when he committed, he just could not believe it. Talked about how it was a head scratcher and he didn't think he would ever do much for us. I have been very impressed with him since he began playing after his redshirt year and I am looking forward to him progressing much more.