PDA

View Full Version : Regarding stats...

Lumpy Chucklelips
10-14-2014, 10:27 PM
We had 14 possessions against LSU.
We had 16 possessions against A&M.
We had 15 possessions against Aub.

Williams directed 13 possessions during the first 3 games.

So in affect, you could say Dak has accumulated his numbers in 5 total games instead of 6 if you consider Williams has played roughly one game total.

I know it doesn't mean anything, but was just looking at Dak's numbers compared to Mariota's and some others. Of course, I'm not sure how much other backups have played, etc.

Can you guys imagine how much it would mean to see Dak sitting in New York in Dec. with Dan and Maegan in the audience. Not to mention if he ended up holding that trophy. That would open doors to QB's that we would never have had a chance to get in front of before.

I'm just hoping Ebola doesn't break loose and wipe out the planet before the end of the year. That would go down as an all time MSU moment.

Todd4State
10-14-2014, 10:31 PM
I get your point, but whether Dak wins the Heisman or not, there's no doubt we're opening doors to QB's in part because of him. We'll probably start getting Elite 11 type guys every once in awhile.

Lumpy Chucklelips
10-14-2014, 10:53 PM
No doubt Todd. Agree completely. I really feel if Dak continues his pace he'll have a great shot at it. One big thing he has going for him is his character. The heisman and college football in general needs someone like Dak to represent the trophy like Dak would. With the mess going on with Gurley and Winston, that only helps Dak's cause.