PDA

View Full Version : Nitpicking on the game DJ: Seven Nation Army

Lloyd Christmas
10-14-2014, 10:19 PM
I love the seven nation army chant we are doing now - awesome idea to start playing it. However, they are using a remixed version that goes to fast. I kind of wish they'd use the original one. Am I alone?

The DJ is doing an outstanding job, though. Has the place electric.

War Machine Dawg
10-14-2014, 10:26 PM
Love the SNA/Euro soccer chant we're doing. Hopefully the old farts will catch on and get into it soon. Younger alums like me and the students are really rocking it, but those my dad's age just kinda sit/stand there for it.

sleepy dawg
10-14-2014, 11:16 PM
I agree, the original version would be better, as it's a bit smoother too.

TheRef
10-14-2014, 11:18 PM
I agree, the original version would be better, as it's a bit smoother too.

Honestly when you're participating in the chants, you don't hear the background noise and such. All you hear is the chant. So once we get started, it's hard to stop the chant train.

mcain31
10-15-2014, 06:36 AM
They are using the official stadium version.

DawgHouseUnited
10-15-2014, 08:06 AM
I love the seven nation army chant we are doing now - awesome idea to start playing it. However, they are using a remixed version that goes to fast. I kind of wish they'd use the original one. Am I alone?

The DJ is doing an outstanding job, though. Has the place electric.

I really thought it was just the usual students-speeding-the-cheer-up thing. Having said that, I love it too.

Political Hack
10-15-2014, 09:07 AM
Love the SNA/Euro soccer chant we're doing. Hopefully the old farts will catch on and get into it soon. Younger alums like me and the students are really rocking it, but those my dad's age just kinda sit/stand there for it.

in that same regard, the "Mississippi state, woo, you damn right" cheer has gone from the best cheer in Davis Wade Stadium to being the worst. The students are saying it way too fast and the alumni sing it with rhythm. The chant finishes at two different times in the stadium. It's terrible.

Lloyd Christmas
10-15-2014, 09:10 AM
in that same regard, the "Mississippi state, woo, you damn right" cheer has gone from the best cheer in Davis Wade Stadium to being the worst. The students are saying it way too fast and the alumni sing it with rhythm. The chant finishes at two different times in the stadium. It's terrible.

aGAIN, this is because of the damn kickoff chant. The students have to do the same chant for kickoff in high speed so they do it the same way out of habit whenever the band plays it. I have been for pushing a new kickoff chant for a long time. The current one is too damn long. Why not a "HAAAIIIIIIIILLLLL STATE!!" for kickoff? I think it would sound awesome and solve the problem of the students fast forwarding through the hey song.

Political Hack
10-15-2014, 09:14 AM
aGAIN, this is because of the damn kickoff chant. The students have to do the same chant for kickoff in high speed so they do it the same way out of habit whenever the band plays it. I have been for pushing a new kickoff chant for a long time. The current one is too damn long. Why not a "HAAAIIIIIIIILLLLL STATE!!" for kickoff? I think it would sound awesome and solve the problem of the students fast forwarding through the hey song.

that would help. a lot. I'm afraid it may be too broken to fix though.

CadaverDawg
10-15-2014, 09:21 AM
This may be dumb, but why not post the words of the "hey" song on the jumbotron with the little ball bouncing on top of the words like a Karaoke machine to keep everybody on pace? Just a thought

DawgHouseUnited
10-15-2014, 09:28 AM
This may be dumb, but why not post the words of the "hey" song on the jumbotron with the little ball bouncing on top of the words like a Karaoke machine to keep everybody on pace? Just a thought

Biggest. Karaoke. Machine. Evah!

Lloyd Christmas
10-15-2014, 09:48 AM

Probably because it would be too hard to keep in line with the band since it's live..and because of the "damn" in the chant

Political Hack
10-15-2014, 09:56 AM

didn't they do that with the alma mater a few years back?

It would be a way to rescue the cheer. I support your cause.

Lloyd Christmas
10-15-2014, 09:59 AM
didn't they do that with the alma mater a few years back?

It would be a way to rescue the cheer. I support your cause.

I hate to beat a dead horse, but the only way to solve this is to change the kickoff chant.

BrunswickDawg
10-15-2014, 10:45 AM

I like that. It is a lot easier, and much like the "Goooooooooo Dawgs. Sic'em Woofwoofwoof" UGA does or "Waaaaaaaaarrrrrrrr Eagle". Kinda classic without being a ripoff.

AlSwearengen
10-15-2014, 10:46 AM
How does the seven nations chant go?

TheRef
10-15-2014, 10:52 AM

Ooooo. Ooo. Ooo. Ooo. Ooooo. Ooooo

Lloyd Christmas
10-15-2014, 11:40 AM
I like that. It is a lot easier, and much like the "Goooooooooo Dawgs. Sic'em Woofwoofwoof" UGA does or "Waaaaaaaaarrrrrrrr Eagle". Kinda classic without being a ripoff.

Georgia also does something smart by putting the "Goooooooooooooooooo...." on the video board leading up to the kick. We could copy it with the "Haaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiilllllll". I think this is something we should try and push.

mcain31
10-15-2014, 12:03 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jUmLWT9Ad8

Liverpooldawg
10-15-2014, 12:30 PM
Point of order: that is not really a euro soccer chant. Most if not all Euro soccer chants actually have, like, words. Most of them are actually songs. They just sound like chants because it's thousands of drunk guys singing them. What we are doing, and I think it is awesome by the way, is more of an American soccer thing. One of my favorite real ones, Liverpool's Poor Scouser Tommy:

I'll tell you the story of a poor boy
Who was sent far away from his home
To fight for his king and his country
And also the old folks back home
So they put him in a Highland division
Sent him off to a far foreign land
Where the flies swarm around in their thousands
And there's nothing to see but the sand
Well the battle started next morning
Under the Arabian sun
I remember that poor Scouser Tommy
Who was shot by an old Nazi gun
As he lay on the battle field dying (dying dying)
With the blood gushing out of his head (of his head)
These were the last words he said...
Oh... I am a Liverpudlian
I come from the Spion Kop
I like to sing, I like to shout
I go there quite a lot (every week)
We support the team that play in Red
A team that we all know
A team that we call Liverpool
And to glory we will go
We've won the League, we've won the Cup
We've been to Europe too
We played the Toffees for a laugh
And we left them feeling blue - Five Nil!
One two
One two three
One two three four
Five nil!
Rush scored one
Rush scored two
Rush scored three
And Rush scored four
Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na
All You Need Is Rush,
All You Need Is Rush, Rush,
Rush Is All You Need.

Lloyd Christmas
10-15-2014, 12:58 PM
Point of order: that is not really a euro soccer chant. Most if not all Euro soccer chants actually have, like, words. Most of them are actually songs. They just sound like chants because it's thousands of drunk guys singing them. What we are doing, and I think it is awesome by the way, is more of an American soccer thing. One of my favorite real ones, Liverpool's Poor Scouser Tommy:

I'll tell you the story of a poor boy
Who was sent far away from his home
To fight for his king and his country
And also the old folks back home
So they put him in a Highland division
Sent him off to a far foreign land
Where the flies swarm around in their thousands
And there's nothing to see but the sand
Well the battle started next morning
Under the Arabian sun
I remember that poor Scouser Tommy
Who was shot by an old Nazi gun
With the blood gushing out of his head (of his head)
These were the last words he said...
Oh... I am a Liverpudlian
I come from the Spion Kop
I like to sing, I like to shout
I go there quite a lot (every week)
We support the team that play in Red
A team that we all know
A team that we call Liverpool
And to glory we will go
We've won the League, we've won the Cup
We've been to Europe too
We played the Toffees for a laugh
And we left them feeling blue - Five Nil!
One two
One two three
One two three four
Five nil!
Rush scored one
Rush scored two
Rush scored three
And Rush scored four
Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na
All You Need Is Rush,
All You Need Is Rush, Rush,
Rush Is All You Need.