PDA

View Full Version : Rojo

CJDAWG85
10-14-2014, 08:55 PM
Is he hurt? He was 2nd on the team in receptions last year and only has 6 this year. I know Bear has made an impact, but we used to throw out in the flat and let him run over DB's. Could just be Dak has better chemistry with Bear and Jameon. Didn't know if something was wrong.

DudyDawg
10-14-2014, 08:56 PM
Seems fine to me. We are using Myles tubby and Graham in those flats this year, and he's been very good as a blocker

CJDAWG85
10-14-2014, 08:58 PM
Yeah I noticed that. Just curious.

msstate7
10-14-2014, 08:58 PM
Seems fine to me. We are using Myles tubby and Graham in those flats this year, and he's been very good as a blocker

Yep. He had an outstanding catch sat

CJDAWG85
10-14-2014, 09:03 PM
He has great hands. I loved watching him run over DB's last year.

ShotgunDawg
10-14-2014, 09:12 PM
Rojo is a lean, mean, blocking machine in our run game. He is extremely physical on the outside. However, when it comes to the passing game, he is kind of a tweener. Not fast enough to play the roll of Jameon or Myles, and not as big as Bear Force to light people up down field.

He is a solid receiver and will make many more big catches for us, but, as a team, we have more explosive weapons that we try to get the ball to.

War Machine Dawg
10-14-2014, 09:50 PM
I'm a big fan of RoJo, but he's being passed by more talented players. Myles is getting more use in the slot and proving very effective. The Freds are also eating into his touches. Even Morrow is improved and stealing 1-2 catches from RoJo a game now. The bottom line is that we have so many weapons, no one is going to get a ton of touches at WR/TE. Seems like every week so far, the team leader in receptions only has 4-5.

MaxedOutMaroon
10-15-2014, 12:22 AM
The only point I want to make is... So much more goes into football and a specific position than stats. Every team needs role players that make plays to help a team be successful that doesn't fill up the stat sheet. Rojo is a prime example

sbcmortgageman
10-15-2014, 05:18 AM
I think Rojo is also returning kickoffs. I may be wrong but I think so.

msstate7
10-15-2014, 06:59 AM
I think Rojo is also returning kickoffs. I may be wrong but I think so.

He does. He's mainly lead blocker for holloway though

elitedawgs
10-15-2014, 10:33 AM
RoJo is the most physical and dominant blocking WR we have. Most of the time, when he latches on to a DB, it's over.

Political Hack
10-15-2014, 12:17 PM
one of the rules of this board is that you will not rip 18-22 year old kids that bleed maroon. Critiquing is one thing, calling them childish names to degrade them is another. Please don't do that here.

DawgPoundtheRock
10-15-2014, 12:17 PM
There are a limited number of pass attempts in any given game. As was pointed out earlier, when spreading those attempts among 8 (or more) targets a given WR may not be targeted many times. Besides, teams tend to go with who's hot.