PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still think we should have pulled Aries redshirt?

gravedigger
10-14-2014, 06:47 PM
just wondering

I seen it dawg
10-14-2014, 06:52 PM
I don't. I think we are fine at RB. Now if JRob were to get hurt our depth is shot. But we've got bigger problems than dealing with a redshirt if that happens. I don't think you pull it regardless.

FlabLoser
10-14-2014, 07:11 PM
Let me check the polls and get back to you.

Coach34
10-14-2014, 07:15 PM
We are 3rd in the SEC in rushing

Ima vote no

Dallas_Dawg
10-14-2014, 07:18 PM
I say yes. We haven't gotten much out of anybody except Dak and JRob.
Holloway against aTm doesn't count as their defense is Big 12-ish.
What if we had A Train, we could be number 1 in the SEC in rushing. And he would have experience for next year

DudyDawg
10-14-2014, 07:25 PM
I say yes. We haven't gotten much out of anybody except Dak and JRob.
Holloway against aTm doesn't count as their defense is Big 12-ish.
What if we had A Train, we could be number 1 in the SEC in rushing. And he would have experience for next year

So you think three- five carries a game, which is the current going rate for our third option, is worth losing a year for him? I don't

Harrydawg
10-14-2014, 07:35 PM
This is the stupidest question ever asked (with what we know to this date).

Damn stupid.

Dallas_Dawg
10-14-2014, 07:45 PM
So you think three- five carries a game, which is the current going rate for our third option, is worth losing a year for him? I don't
Yes, I do. We are also redshirting Dontavian Lee and have Nick Gibson, Kentavious Thomas, and Alex Murphy coming in next year, all RBs.
What if Aeris leaves after his redshirt sophomore season? From what we have heard all offseason and preseason, he just may be that good.

DudyDawg
10-14-2014, 07:52 PM
Yes, I do. We are also redshirting Dontavian Lee and have Nick Gibson, Kentavious Thomas, and Alex Murphy coming in next year, all RBs.
What if Aeris leaves after his redshirt sophomore season? From what we have heard all offseason and preseason, he just may be that good.

If he were playing that good in practice, to project that ability, I doubt dan would red shirt him.

Coach34
10-14-2014, 07:57 PM
If Aeris was ready to be a difference-maker- he'd be playing

gravedigger
10-14-2014, 08:11 PM
Then perhaps you weren't aware of what the qualifier "still" means in the question.

MaxedOutMaroon
10-15-2014, 12:18 AM
Since I have helped cover Aeris in high school, I am a huge fan. But he is/was not ready to be an SEC RB and know the offense. It's different than what he's known. He needs this year to learn the offense and be Court (strength coach) made into a RB that fits our offense

War Machine Dawg
10-15-2014, 01:08 AM
If he were playing that good in practice, to project that ability, I doubt dan would red shirt him.

If Aeris was ready to be a difference-maker- he'd be playing

Exactly. If A-Train were 3-and-done good, there's no way he'd redshirt. Some of you really need to use your damn brain. A-Train wasn't clearly better than either Shump or Griff, thus he's redshirting. You think an early entry RB wouldn't be AT LEAST 2nd on our depth chart? I'll let Dr. Evil say it best....

http://i.imgur.com/guvlfq1.gif

Dallas_Dawg
10-15-2014, 06:31 AM
Exactly. If A-Train were 3-and-done good, there's no way he'd redshirt. Some of you really need to use your damn brain. A-Train wasn't clearly better than either Shump or Griff, thus he's redshirting. You think an early entry RB wouldn't be AT LEAST 2nd on our depth chart? I'll let Dr. Evil say it best....

http://i.imgur.com/guvlfq1.gif

It's really not a big deal because we are number one in the country... But, just because Mullen isn't playing someone, doesn't mean they aren't ready or a better option than what we have. Have you already forgotten that LDP played over JRob the past two years? There are plenty of runs where I notice that JRob busts looses but LDP would have never gotten past the LOS.
I'm not bitching but don't act like our coaching staff is always right 100% of the time in everything they do.

Joe Schmedlap
10-15-2014, 06:48 AM
It's really not a big deal because we are number one in the country... But, just because Mullen isn't playing someone, doesn't mean they aren't ready or a better option than what we have. Have you already forgotten that LDP played over JRob the past two years? There are plenty of runs where I notice that JRob busts looses but LDP would have never gotten past the LOS.
I'm not bitching but don't act like our coaching staff is always right 100% of the time in everything they do.

True. JRob should have gotten at least half of LDP's carries last season.

Aces High
10-15-2014, 07:45 AM
If folks dont want shump getting carries, they dont want aeris getting them either right now.

He needs to redshirt.

shoeless joe
10-15-2014, 08:23 AM
True. JRob should have gotten at least half of LDP's carries last season.

It wasn't the coaches fault that he didn't.

BeastMan
10-15-2014, 08:28 AM
If folks dont want shump getting carries, they dont want aeris getting them either right now.

He needs to redshirt.

Bingo

War Machine Dawg
10-15-2014, 09:24 AM
It wasn't the coaches fault that he didn't.

This. And as C34 has said repeatedly, while J-Beast may have been the best pure runner last season, Perk was the more complete RB. And let's not act like Perk was awful. Yes, he was misused at times, but he also made a bunch of big plays for us, too.