PDA

View Full Version : Injury update

DudyDawg
10-14-2014, 06:11 PM
Mullen expects tubby and bell to be back at 100% by Monday, Dez Harris out for year (ACL) per Bob on Twitter.

Damn, I thought he was playing really well so far.

DistrictDawg92
10-14-2014, 06:12 PM
That's not good, I wonder if it was the same one he tore in high school.

msstate7
10-14-2014, 06:17 PM
Any chance we pull a RS to fill his role?

DudyDawg
10-14-2014, 06:21 PM
I don't know, I don't think it's likely. I would guess we just see more turtle Holmes and more nickle packages. We may though, never know

Homedawg
10-14-2014, 06:24 PM
I don't know, I don't think it's likely. I would guess we just see more turtle Holmes and more nickle packages. We may though, never know

Turtle was already getting the snaps on d. We just have to replace him on special teams. No red shirt pull is necessary.

TheRef
10-14-2014, 06:25 PM
That's not good, I wonder if it was the same one he tore in high school.

Mullen just said it is NOT the same knee as the one in high school. So we're good there.

ShotgunDawg
10-14-2014, 06:27 PM
Any chance we pull a RS to fill his role?

This is easy, when you are competing for a National Championship, whoever the best player is, you play him. If that "best player" is currently being redshirted, the you unredshirt him, and he will play with a smile on his face ready to help his team win a national title.

If we were 4-2 right now, and already eliminated from the West, then the decision is more difficult. However, with where we are now, you take no chances, and make sure the best possible replacement for Dez Harris, that is on MSU's campus, is playing that position.

Covercorner2
10-14-2014, 06:28 PM
Hmmm... Wonder who that could be?

HoopsDawg
10-14-2014, 06:34 PM
This is easy, when you are competing for a National Championship, whoever the best player is, you play him. If that "best player" is currently being redshirted, the you unredshirt him, and he will play with a smile on his face ready to help his team win a national title.

If we were 4-2 right now, and already eliminated from the West, then the decision is more difficult. However, with where we are now, you take no chances, and make sure the best possible replacement for Dez Harris, that is on MSU's campus, is playing that position.

I disagree, Dez's only role this year has been special teams. I wouldn't pull Gerri Green's redshirt at this point so he can run down on a kickoff that's going out of the end zone.

DudyDawg
10-14-2014, 06:35 PM
Turtle was already getting the snaps on d. We just have to replace him on special teams. No red shirt pull is necessary.

I know he was getting a lot, but I would imagine he gets more with Richie to both compensate. Would also imagine we see more nickle or more Market to help fill that role, assuming we don't redshirt

msstate7
10-14-2014, 06:38 PM
I disagree, Dez's only role this year has been special teams. I wouldn't pull Gerri Green's redshirt at this point so he can run down on a kickoff that's going out of the end zone.

What about JT gray? I wouldn't consider green either

ShotgunDawg
10-14-2014, 06:41 PM

You make a good point on Green. I'm not totally sure of Dez's complete role, but it does beg the question, if you actually plan on play Gerri Green a decent amount on defense and not just special teams, would it be worth pulling his redshirt?

We are competing for a National Title.

Homedawg
10-14-2014, 06:41 PM
I know he was getting a lot, but I would imagine he gets more with Richie to both compensate. Would also imagine we see more nickle or more Market to help fill that role, assuming we don't redshirt
Dez isn't playing on defense until mop up time. This is a non subject.

Homedawg
10-14-2014, 06:43 PM
You make a good point on Green. I'm not totally sure of Dez's complete role, but it does beg the question, if you actually plan on play Gerri Green a decent amount on defense and not just special teams, would it be worth pulling his redshirt?

We are competing for a National Title.

Damn man, I've told you his role, he told you his role, do you need a link to prove it. Shit. Des isn't playing on defense. It doesn't matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wtf else to you want

I seen it dawg
10-14-2014, 06:43 PM
Mullen just said it is NOT the same knee as the one in high school. So we're good there.

An ACL tear is an ACL tear and they are fixed the same way. Unless you tear it in the same knee 3-4 times it's no different than doing it the first time. Sucks equally but not one more than the other

CadaverDawg
10-14-2014, 06:45 PM
Guys, Dez wasn't on the 2 deep at LB. Group 1B is Richie, Turtle, and Zach Jackson. Harris was ST and mopup this year. Still hate he got hurt, but hell no you don't burn a redshirt for ST's.

I seen it dawg
10-14-2014, 06:46 PM
Lol I think Homedawg covered it

DudyDawg
Damn man, I've told you his role, he told you his role, do you need a link to prove it. Shit. Des isn't playing on defense. It doesn't matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wtf else to you want

He got hurt on a defensive play, not special teams. He does play defense some, not only in mop up either. Not saying to pull a redshirt, far from it, but he has played some defense

CadaverDawg

Ha, this^

Not sure why this is confusing some of you

CadaverDawg
He got hurt on a defensive play, not special teams. He does play defense some, not only in mop up either

Very rarely.

Homedawg
10-14-2014, 06:47 PM
Guys, Dez wasn't on the 2 deep at LB. Group 1B is Richie, Turtle, and Zach Jackson. Harris was ST and mopup this year. Still hate he got hurt, but hell no you don't burn a redshirt for ST's.

Now we've had 3 people say it. Maybe you have enough cred to get this over with. Don't know how many people have say it.!!!

Homedawg
10-14-2014, 06:47 PM
He got hurt on a defensive play, not special teams. He does play defense some, not only in mop up either. Not saying to pull a redshirt, far from it, but he has played some defense

No he got hurt on a special teams play.

HoopsDawg
10-14-2014, 06:48 PM

No he didn't. He got hurt on special teams. It may have even been when Graham muffed the punt.

CadaverDawg
10-14-2014, 06:49 PM
Now we've had 3 people say it. Maybe you have enough cred to get this over with. Don't know how many people have say it.!!!

Haha, for a minute I was wondering if I was the only one that could see your post

CadaverDawg
10-14-2014, 06:49 PM
No he didn't. He got hurt on special teams. It may have even been when Graham muffed the punt.

Yep

DudyDawg
10-14-2014, 06:50 PM

Now that you say that, I think you're right. Either way, he has been good on ST and good on d when he has been in. Like I said tho, no reason to burn a RS for it.

I seen it dawg
10-14-2014, 06:50 PM
Lol Homedawg going all I Seen it Dawg. Love it.

DudyDawg
10-14-2014, 06:51 PM
Anywho, we are ignoring the much bigger news that tubby will be back

I seen it dawg
10-14-2014, 06:53 PM
Having tubbs back will be excellent on many levels.

msstate7
10-14-2014, 06:53 PM
Mullen expects tubby and bell to be back at 100% by Monday, Dez Harris out for year (ACL) per Bob on Twitter.

Damn, I thought he was playing really well so far.
Would you let bell punt now? LC has been very good a killing punts inside the 10. If I needed a long punt, I'd probably use bell

I seen it dawg
10-14-2014, 06:54 PM
I'd go bell blasting kicks and let the lefty punt.

DudyDawg
10-14-2014, 06:56 PM
Would you let bell punt now? LC has been very good a killing punts inside the 10. If I needed a long punt, I'd probably use bell

I think we use bell on kickoff a bc he's much more consistent, but I'm not sure about punts. Logan has been good there, so I'm sure bell won't just walk back into the job and will have to beat him out in practice

MzTerry
10-14-2014, 07:04 PM

blocking on a punt return is still special teams - bit of a stretch there just b/c it's 4th down

DudyDawg
10-14-2014, 07:06 PM
blocking on a punt return is still special teams - bit of a stretch there just b/c it's 4th down

I wasn't trying to make that stretch, I was mixing up players

MzTerry
10-14-2014, 07:14 PM
I wasn't trying to make that stretch, I was mixing up players

gotcha my bad

mic
10-14-2014, 07:25 PM
We have been thru the stretch where if we were to pull a redshirt we would have done it. Only pull them now if major injuries occur. I may be in the minority but I still wish AW had played this year...
Hate it for Dez I think he wil be a very good player for us next few years but we have no reason to pull JT or Green RDS at this point.
We are still super deep at LB..

Dallas_Dawg
10-14-2014, 07:38 PM
Wasn't Quadry Antoine his replacement on kick team? I think he filled in just fine.

Bass Chaser
10-14-2014, 07:51 PM
Wasn't Quadry Antoine his replacement on kick team? I think he filled in just fine.

Yes caused the fumble.

maroonmania
10-14-2014, 09:03 PM
We have been thru the stretch where if we were to pull a redshirt we would have done it. Only pull them now if major injuries occur. I may be in the minority but I still wish AW had played this year...
Hate it for Dez I think he wil be a very good player for us next few years but we have no reason to pull JT or Green RDS at this point.
We are still super deep at LB..

Just concerned on Dez that we will have another Nick Griffin situation on our hands. Essentially with 2 repaired knees Dez may not have the lateral speed he had before.

I seen it dawg
10-14-2014, 09:09 PM
Just concerned on Dez that we will have another Nick Griffin situation on our hands. Essentially with 2 repaired knees Dez may not have the lateral speed he had before.

Or he could be Thomas Davis all-pro LB with Carolina with 3 ACL surgeries. Just hard to tell. Every persons reaction to injury and rehab are different.