PDA

View Full Version : Buy/Sell: If Jameis Winston gets booted from FSU

BeastMan
10-14-2014, 03:44 PM
Via the school code hearings, Ole Miss would go after him.

mstatefan91
10-14-2014, 03:46 PM
Sell. He goes pro if he gets expelled.

BeastMan
10-14-2014, 03:47 PM
Sell. He goes pro if he gets expelled.

Can't for a year

TheRef
10-14-2014, 03:47 PM
http://www.waterfordaccountants.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/buy-buy-buy.gif

ShotgunDawg
10-14-2014, 03:48 PM
Is there any doubt here?

I think LSU would as well. Miles doesn't seem like the type to shy away from things like this, and could be trying to save his job.

Saban couldn't handle Winston, Charlie Strong is trying to straighten things out and likely wouldn't want him around. Richt wouldn't want him around either. Auburn has Johnson ready to take over next year for Marshall, so I doubt they'd be interested. Michigan will have a new coach, so he won't want him around.

Looks like an LSU vs Ole Miss battle.

mstatefan91
10-14-2014, 03:49 PM
Can't for a year

Ahh didn't realize that. Buy then

Pokerdawg44
10-14-2014, 03:53 PM
Can't for a year

Winston redshirted so hes 3 years removed from hs. Hes good to go pro

BeastMan
10-14-2014, 03:56 PM
Winston redshirted so hes 3 years removed from hs. Hes good to go pro

You're right. A year of reshaping his image would tremendously help his draft stock though.

messageboardsuperhero
10-14-2014, 04:12 PM
With Wallace leaving at the end of the year and no heir apparent... I wouldn't be surprised at all if they at least tried to get him for some heppin' for a one year thing, a la Masoli. It's their MO. That being said- if Winston is expelled, he's going pro, IMO.

Dawg496
10-14-2014, 04:18 PM
Winston would go pro anyway. A few weeks ago there was someone on the Finebaum show who said Winston would have been the #1 overall pick last year. His stock has taken a hit no doubt, but can he really fall out of the first round?

mstatefan91
10-14-2014, 04:21 PM
Dammit guys. I'm back to sell. Make up your minds about whether he can go pro or not. lol

thf24
10-14-2014, 04:23 PM
I think he goes pro. Coming back for another year is only going to give him more opportunity to get in trouble, especially with the company currently present at Ole Miss, and slide even further. Besides, with the new rules and scrutiny regarding transfers, he probably wouldn't be granted immediate eligibility and would have to plan on being there two seasons in order to play.

Dawg496
10-14-2014, 04:38 PM
Dammit guys. I'm back to sell. Make up your minds about whether he can go pro or not. lol

He definitely will be eligible to go pro after this season. And I think he would have gone pro even if he there had been no controversy.

Johnson85
10-14-2014, 04:41 PM
You're right. A year of reshaping his image would tremendously help his draft stock though.

Not really. A year of playing and reshaping his image might help. But sitting out a season because of transfer rules would just mean he's a little rusty going to the league. I'm guessing he's not graduating after three years so I'm guessing he won't be able to play for a year.

msstate7
10-14-2014, 04:46 PM
Buy. If they got him, he'd never be in trouble again. Auburn would go after him too though

Todd4State
10-14-2014, 04:47 PM
I can't see his image getting significantly better even if he transfers to a seminary.

Also- he is a top flight baseball prospect and he has that as an option as well.

HSVDawg
10-14-2014, 05:06 PM
Sell. He would have to sit out a year if he went to Ole Miss. This isn't some Jeremiah Masoli or Jacob Coker situation where the kid graduates and gets immediate eligibility elsewhere, because there is no way in hell he's anywhere close to getting a diploma. I also don't see him sitting a year anywhere. He will either go pro or to an FCS school if FSU boots him.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-14-2014, 05:12 PM
Winston would go pro anyway. A few weeks ago there was someone on the Finebaum show who said Winston would have been the #1 overall pick last year. His stock has taken a hit no doubt, but can he really fall out of the first round?

My friend works at FSU and he says that scouts are telling their employers to stay away from him or grab him late.

Todd4State
10-14-2014, 05:18 PM
My friend works at FSU and he says that scouts are telling their employers to stay away from him or grab him late.

Someone will take that gamble late in the first round. Winston going to someone like the Broncos would make a lot of sense because then he could learn from Peyton and then step in when he is ready and hopefully it will get him out of the spotlight for a little while.

Dawg496
10-14-2014, 05:22 PM
Someone will take that gamble late in the first round. Winston going to someone like the Broncos would make a lot of sense because then he could learn from Peyton and then step in when he is ready and hopefully it will get him out of the spotlight for a little while.

Indeed. Or I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like the Patriots take him. Brady and Manning both don't have much time left and the Pats organization has done a great job turning headcases into championship players in the past.

Dawgcentral
10-14-2014, 05:24 PM
I really don't believe they'll expel him. I think the entire hearing is window dressing since he makes FSU look so bad.

War Machine Dawg
10-14-2014, 06:29 PM
Buy in bulk. Talented head case with questionable morals = match made in BearShark crootin heaven.

dawgoneyall
10-14-2014, 07:43 PM
Buy.

He can be saved.