PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Butthurt Alert for Auburn

TheRef
10-14-2014, 02:43 PM
Dear Lord....Auburn wants an explanation of why they were charged with a PI on the pass to Bear.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/10/auburn_wants_clarification_on.html

mic
10-14-2014, 02:48 PM
I want to know why they weren't charged with a DPI first play of the game...
3 words for Aubbie fans...

Rear View Mirror .... That's where they are to us....

Jack Lambert
10-14-2014, 02:49 PM
I really believe him when Johnson said this.

["ohnson wants a clear explanation from the SEC office on the call, so he can properly direct his players in practice this week. A flag was thrown almost immediately on the play."]

It's really time for Auburn to move on and put it in the past. Let's just hope hearing the coaches complain they let this lost beat them twice.

DawgInMemphis
10-14-2014, 02:59 PM
Dear Lord....Auburn wants an explanation of why they were charged with a PI on the pass to Bear.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/10/auburn_wants_clarification_on.html

Looking at the replay it's close, but #3 grabs Bear's shoulder pad as he's trying to run past him as the ball is in the air. I think that's more indicative of PI than the contact just prior to the ball getting there. It could have been a no call, and it could have been called defensive PI. Aubie needs to stop whining.

Mjoelner34
10-14-2014, 03:02 PM
Have you seen their youtube video crying about the calls? They specifically whine about 3 of them and if you freeze their video, all 3 penalties are plainly visible. 1. #72 has Preston Smith in a headlock and is called for holding 2. #18 stiff-arms Calhoun causing separation. Calhoun was stride for stride with him and they were hand-slapping which happens on every play. #18 then throws the stiff-arm and in slow motion you can see Calhoun's left shoulder move back and his head bob which threw him off stride. The ref trailing the play immediately started reaching for his flag as he was trailing the play down the sideline but wasn't able to get it out and throw it until after the play. 3. On the one to Bear, the guy was holding his right shoulder as soon as Bear got even with him then was basically tackling him when Bear jumped for the ball. So, it could have been called defensive holding instead of interference. Either way was penalty yards and an automatic first down.

DawgInMemphis
10-14-2014, 03:04 PM
Have you seen their youtube video crying about the calls? They specifically whine about 3 of them and if you freeze their video, all 3 penalties are plainly visible. 1. #72 has Preston Smith in a headlock and is called for holding 2. #18 stiff-arms Calhoun causing separation. Calhoun was stride for stride with him and they were hand-slapping which happens on every play. #18 then throws the stiff-arm and in slow motion you can see Calhoun's left shoulder move back and his head bob which threw him off stride. The ref trailing the play immediately started reaching for his flag as he was trailing the play down the sideline but wasn't able to get it out and throw it until after the play. 3. On the one to Bear, the guy was holding his right shoulder as soon as Bear got even with him then was basically tackling him when Bear jumped for the ball. So, it could have been called defensive holding instead of interference. Either way was penalty yards and an automatic first down.

It's PI if the ball is in the air... right call.

Jacksondevildog
10-14-2014, 03:05 PM
I want an explanation on why their fan base believes that God wants auburn to win football games.

Mjoelner34
10-14-2014, 03:06 PM
Ok. I didn't know the ball was in the air when he was even with him. I was just watching the contact.

Mjoelner34
10-14-2014, 03:06 PM
I want an explanation on why their fan base believes that God wants auburn to win football games.

Because the $200k went to Cecil's church.

godlluB
10-14-2014, 03:07 PM
I'd like to know why it was legal for Auburn to line up in the neutral zone on defense play after play without it ever being called.

There was also a play were the play clock had been at zero for a full second before Auburn hiked the ball with no call.

Martianlander
10-14-2014, 03:26 PM
Late in the game an Auburn runner stepped out of bounds on about 3rd and 4, maybe getting a yard. He ran out of bounds down the sideline, and Verne Lundquist even commented "not much there". The officials spotted the ball for a first down. The only reason I can think of we didn't challenge was that it was on the opposite sideline from us, and they ran the next play so quick.
Hope someone else noticed that play too.

DawgInMemphis
10-14-2014, 03:28 PM
Late in the game an Auburn runner stepped out of bounds on about 3rd and 4, maybe getting a yard. He ran out of bounds down the sideline, and Verne Lundquist even commented "not much there". The officials spotted the ball for a first down. The only reason I can think of we didn't challenge was that it was on the opposite sideline from us, and they ran the next play so quick.

I remember that as well.

Todd4State
10-14-2014, 03:35 PM

I thought maybe my eyes were messed up and just moved on.

TrapGame
10-14-2014, 03:36 PM
All I can say to Aubarn fans is this makes up for that piss poor 4th and 1 call in 2011.

Karma, she a bitch.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-14-2014, 03:36 PM
I want an explanation as to why Auburn constantly gets away with not enough men on the LOS and why they aren't flagged for their linemen not getting set before the snap.

BulldogBear
10-14-2014, 03:40 PM
It will be interesting to see if Auburn gets the response to this that we would get which is something to the effect of not questioning our perfect officials nor your fealess leaders and just sit down and STFU.

In fact, we would also be reprimanded.

I seen it dawg
10-14-2014, 04:25 PM
Karma. Paid.

dickiedawg
10-14-2014, 04:38 PM
It was funny, on that linked video "You make the call," on the Bear pass interference, the Auburn commentator called it right away. "That's going to be pass interference."

msstate7
10-14-2014, 04:51 PM
I wanna know why auburn wasn't charged with unsportsmanlike conduct (extreme crying)*

DLGDawg
10-14-2014, 04:51 PM
I'm just so happy to be on "the other side". Normally it's us having to send in tape.
Feels guud!
#firstdowngate

Dawgcentral
10-14-2014, 04:56 PM
All three looked like legit calls. There's no controversy here. What a bunch of weenies.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-14-2014, 04:58 PM
I hope everyone on our schedule has something to complain about the rest of the way. That means we whipped their ass like they've never seen and it's getting to them. Not only that, but we're doing it with a bunch of what they consider "no name" players while they and the other elite can't get their superstars on the same page. We've had enough of other teams padding their records and success with the lack of leadership we've had in the past and we're not going to get pushed around anymore. They and everyone else might as well get their shit together or get the **** out of the way cause WE AREN'T GOING AWAY!!

Outside Dawg
10-14-2014, 05:00 PM
Its not karma...they were legit fouls. The holding was clear, the OPI on Coates push off gives him an extra foot of separation (which is the only reason he was able to run another 40 yards anyway). If you watch the replay, you can see the ref try to pull the flag at the time. He is forced to pull it later to chase down the play. The final DPI is legit too...the player turns around but doesn't play the ball at all, he plays Bear. It really looked pretty simple to me.

Oh yeah, and how about a long pass play negated to open the game when we don't get the PI call that caused the incompletion.

maroonmania
10-14-2014, 05:03 PM
Kind of funny that Ellis is whining about it. I watched the SEC network recap of the games Saturday night with highlights and while McElroy and Booger thought the Offensive PI was a little ticky tack they were both in agreement that there was no question that pass interference was committed on Bear on the 4th down play. If its what I remember seeing he is all over Wilson with his arms around him and into him well before the ball arrives. Has Johnson even watched the replay? Apparently he is the only one questioning the call. NO DOUBT that whether it be ANY subject, Auburn is the whiniest bunch in the entire SEC. Cowbells, official's calls, whatever else, they've got to whine.

IMissJack
10-14-2014, 06:41 PM
The easy explanation is 5'11'' 175 lbs, can't guard 6'5'' 225 lbs.

KB21
10-14-2014, 08:54 PM
Well, I would like an explanation on exactly where Bear Wilson was holding the Auburn defensive back on Dak's long run late in the game. All I saw was Bear blocking the defender to the sideline. The defender was on roller skates, and he just stuck his arms up and flailed about. It got him the call, but Bear in no way held on the play.

Really Clark?
10-14-2014, 09:12 PM
Well, I would like an explanation on exactly where Bear Wilson was holding the Auburn defensive back on Dak's long run late in the game. All I saw was Bear blocking the defender to the sideline. The defender was on roller skates, and he just stuck his arms up and flailed about. It got him the call, but Bear in no way held on the play.

I thought that was a pretty easy call actually. My buddy and I were calling it before the flag came out. Pulled on the jersey pretty good.

Schultzy
10-14-2014, 09:22 PM
First time I've seen these replays- obvious push off and arm extension on the long 3rd down play (although well timed) plus the ref clearly grabs his flag as soon as it happened, contrary to the Auburn radio homer announcer story.

On the DeRunnya first down you have the Auburn Db with his arm extended on the receiver all the way down the field, way too obvious for the ref to let that go. Nice try by the AU announcers to equivocate Bears late contact on that one.

The hold on Preston Smith is too obvious to mention but I will anyway. Grabbing the helmet with your entire left arm is illegal, even when you're beat.

Now shut up, go beat ole miss, and we'll forgive you for excessive whining after getting your ass beat.