PDA

View Full Version : Once again ....

Liverpooldawg
10-14-2014, 01:57 PM
the open date comes at a perfect time. After all the emotion of the win and the hoopla surrounding the #1 ranking we need the extra week. The ranking is great and it is doing wonders for the perception of our football program. It's boosted the moral of the entire MSU family. One thing we have to remember increasingly as we approach the next game though, is that there are no Trophies for being first in anything; the SEC West, The SEC, the NCAA, the Heisman or any other individual awards; at mid season. Those all come to who occupies those top spots at the end. Dan Millen knows and said as much on the field after the game. Just keep winning, one game at a time. I know all that stuff is cliche, but that doesn't mean it's not true.

Chip
10-14-2014, 02:11 PM
I am hoping the open date gives Jameon enough time to get healthy. We need him during the second half of the season.

Jack Lambert
10-14-2014, 02:16 PM
In a way we have a few more. We have UT Martin at home before Bama and Vandy at home before Ole Miss.

starkvegasdawg
10-14-2014, 02:29 PM
With Dak leading the parade for the Heisman, any chance Dan pulls him in the UT-Martin and Vandy games with the rest of the starters or leaves him in there to work on stats?

BulldogBear
10-14-2014, 03:07 PM
With Dak leading the parade for the Heisman, any chance Dan pulls him in the UT-Martin and Vandy games with the rest of the starters or leaves him in there to work on stats?

It kind of seems out of character for Dak to be worried about stats. Dan too for the most part. I think they are both concerned more about the team than themselves.

Johnson85
10-14-2014, 03:26 PM

He's not going to leave them in to work on stats. Maybe he will go a little more pass happy before he would normally take them out so that Dak would have an opportunity to boost his passing stats, but I'm not sure the stats in those games matter much anyway. Dak is not going to win teh heisman with eye popping stats. He will win the Heisman by being the best player on an SEC Champion, and he and Robinson have to be healthy for that to happen. Tacking on an extra 100 yds of total yds and a TD against each of UT Martin and Vandy isn't going to significantly change his resume.

I seen it dawg
10-14-2014, 04:27 PM
Nobody pay is worried about a single stat. We are undefeated in the sec title game he will win the Heisman, no matter the stats. We keep winning it's over and will be a landslide.