PDA

View Full Version : SLIVE retiring...please tell me LT is not in line for this job

cheewgumm
10-14-2014, 01:07 PM
Can't be right?

I seen it dawg
10-14-2014, 01:11 PM
Shit we better win it all then before LT abolishes sports at MSU.

quickstrike2
10-14-2014, 01:13 PM
delete

BulldogDX55
10-14-2014, 01:15 PM
WE MADE HIS ASS QUIT

Edit: didn't know about the cancer when I typed that, it was strictly in reference to his retirement. Sorry I hurt your feelings, RossDawg82

RossDawg82
10-14-2014, 01:18 PM
WE MADE HIS ASS QUIT

The dude has Cancer man. Not something to joke about. This kinda shit makes our fan base as a whole look bad. Like the guy or not, have a little respect for what he is going through.

gtowndawg
10-14-2014, 01:20 PM
WE MADE HIS ASS QUIT

http://img.pandawhale.com/27477-Al-Bundy-laughing-gif-YU6F.gif

edited: had no idea about cancer as someone else just said. feel free to delete if mods see fit.

chainedup_Dawg
10-14-2014, 01:25 PM
I highly doubt any one would've made a joke about him quit if they knew he was undergoing treatment for cancer. I didn't know he was diagnosed either and was going to make a joke myself until I saw that he had been diagnosed and that was the reason.

That being said, I can't blame him and I hope the treatments do their job and he recovers well. This was a complete shock.

When I saw the Title of the thread I honestly thought someone was trolling.

quickstrike2
10-14-2014, 01:27 PM
The dude has Cancer man. Not something to joke about. This kinda shit makes our fan base as a whole look bad. Like the guy or not, have a little respect for what he is going through.

I also had no idea about the cancer. I feel very certain the guy does not like us, but in no way would I make a joke having known that. Wish him a fast recovery.

RossDawg82
10-14-2014, 01:30 PM
Im not a Slive fan myself. But from someone who has had several family members and friends pass from Cancer I will put my bad attitude toward him aside and wish him a full recovery.

RossDawg82
10-14-2014, 01:34 PM
And yes, the jackass who wrote "we made his ass quit" was making a joke about his cancer, not his retirement. That POS should be kicked off this board.

BulldogDX55
10-14-2014, 01:42 PM
And yes, the jackass who wrote "we made his ass quit" was making a joke about his cancer, not his retirement. That POS should be kicked off this board.

It was about his retirement, didn't even know about the cancer, so kindly STFU with that kind of crap please.

Johnson85
10-14-2014, 01:54 PM

How do you figure that? I actually thought he was talking about LT, as in "We made his ass quit (asked for his resignation), and now people think he's competent to be commissioner of the SEC?"

Johnson85
10-14-2014, 01:58 PM
Can't be right?

LT is not in line for the job. Being an AD for a 'have-not' and helping make sure they accept "their place" gets you a cushy spot to land at the SEC offices when you get run off, but it guarantees you don't get to be Commish.

BulldogDX55
10-14-2014, 02:06 PM
How do you figure that? I actually thought he was talking about LT, as in "We made his ass quit (asked for his resignation), and now people think he's competent to be commissioner of the SEC?"

It was a quick, emotional response to Slive retiring because as we all know, as good as he was for the SEC, he deliberately kept us down. I'll never forget the Jarvis Varnado block record picture. However, your interpretation of my words makes a lot more sense than RossDawg82's interpretation of "I'm glad he has cancer"

ShotgunDawg
10-14-2014, 02:11 PM
My guess is that the SEC will promote from within and hire Greg Sankey.

codeDawg
10-14-2014, 02:22 PM
Greg Sankey is the leading candidate.

Jack Lambert
10-14-2014, 02:28 PM

I took it as if we made him quit. I did not know he had cancer. Heck what kind?

Ralph
10-14-2014, 03:26 PM
WE MADE HIS ASS QUIT

Edit: didn't know about the cancer when I typed that, it was strictly in reference to his retirement. Sorry I hurt your feelings, RossDawg82

Cant stop laughing.

Although it sucks you're being crucified for not knowing Slive had cancer. lol

mparkerfd20
10-14-2014, 03:26 PM
Hate he has cancer and wish him a full recovery, but happy as hell that he is retiring.

quickstrike2
10-14-2014, 03:50 PM
I think everyone on the board, including me, will feel for the man because he has cancer, will send up a prayer for him, and wish him a full and speedy recovery.

Respect, however, is one thing the man will not get from state fans. A picture is worth a thousand words, and the Jarvis block record picture speaks to the hate for our university he must have. With everyone standing around him, clapping, and honoring the work of a SEC athlete, Mike can sit there with his hands crossed and not even smile. Not even getting into anything else that he has slighted us in and there are many others, just that moment speaks for itself. So, hearing he is retiring, most will react with happiness, and then when we see that its because of cancer, we will then pray for the man, express regret, and wish the absolute best for a man that hates our university, and in that I believe it shows the true spirit of MSU people.

archdog
10-14-2014, 06:00 PM
Brackey?

War Machine Dawg
10-14-2014, 06:35 PM
Hate he has cancer and wish him a full recovery, but happy as hell that he is retiring.

THIS.