PDA

View Full Version : ESPN rankings - SEC comparison

cheewgumm
10-14-2014, 11:09 AM
This is not scientific, obviously, and I'm not claiming anything. I just think it's interesting.

If you look at the team pages on ESPN, they rank teams by four categories: Pass Yards / Rush Yards / Points For/ Points against. Basically, they just show where the team ranks compared to all other schools. the lower the score the better, because if you are "1", that means you are ranked # 1 in the country at that particular stat.

If you rank the SEC schools just based on this, you get:

Miss State - - - 92
BAMA - - - 113
A&M - - - 123
Auburn - - - 129
Kentucky - - - 140
UGA - - - 145
Ole Miss U - - 150
LSU - - - 182
Arkansas - - - 195
Florida - - - 248
S Carolina - - 253
Tennessee - - 277
Missouri - - 301
Vandy - - 448

I'm not saying this means a lot, because obviously it has a lot to do with your schedule, etc. I mean, A&M got rolled by Ole Miss and are ranked higher by this standard for instance, but what it does tell me "WATCH OUT FOR KENTUCKY!!!!"

For comparison:

FSU - - - 162
Baylor - - 49
Notre Dame - -- 152

DawgInMemphis
10-14-2014, 11:59 AM
This is not scientific, obviously, and I'm not claiming anything. I just think it's interesting.

If you look at the team pages on ESPN, they rank teams by four categories: Pass Yards / Rush Yards / Points For/ Points against. Basically, they just show where the team ranks compared to all other schools. the lower the score the better, because if you are "1", that means you are ranked # 1 in the country at that particular stat.

If you rank the SEC schools just based on this, you get:

Miss State - - - 92
BAMA - - - 113
A&M - - - 123
Auburn - - - 129
Kentucky - - - 140
UGA - - - 145
Ole Miss U - - 150
LSU - - - 182
Arkansas - - - 195
Florida - - - 248
S Carolina - - 253
Tennessee - - 277
Missouri - - 301
Vandy - - 448

I'm not saying this means a lot, because obviously it has a lot to do with your schedule, etc. I mean, A&M got rolled by Ole Miss and are ranked higher by this standard for instance, but what it does tell me "WATCH OUT FOR KENTUCKY!!!!"

For comparison:

FSU - - - 162
Baylor - - 49
Notre Dame - -- 152

Poor Vandy. They fell off the proverbial cliff.