PDA

View Full Version : Tenn OM

msstate7
10-14-2014, 07:54 AM
Can tenn keep this game close? I'm thinking if tenn can take care of the ball that this can be a low scoring defensive game.

Tenn's defense isn't bad.

They lead the sec in 3rd down defense
They're 5th in interceptions
They're tied with us for the lead in TFL
They're 2nd in pass defense
They're 4th in total defense. (They only give up 8.9 yards more than om)

Tenn has a poor oline. They won't score much on om. They will HAVE to get some turnovers. If bo turns the ball over, tenn has a shot IMO. If bo doesn't, tenn won't win. I think this is a low scoring game though and tenn will beat the spread anyway. The weakness of tenn's defense is the weakness of om's offense -- the running game

chef dixon
10-14-2014, 07:56 AM
I honestly think Tennessee struggles to get 200 yards of offense in this one

Rick Danko
10-14-2014, 07:59 AM
OM by 3 tds at least

msstate7
10-14-2014, 08:02 AM
OM by 3 tds at least

If om was a good running team, I'd agree. This tenn defense is underrated IMO. If om doesn't turn it over...

Om 20-6

Political Hack
10-14-2014, 08:06 AM
It's all on their D. If they can hold OM to 14 or less, they have a shot.

They still got a Colquitt punting? That would help.

msstate7
10-14-2014, 08:11 AM
There's always teams that start playing better down the stretch and I think tenn could be the team this year. I'm not predicting a win at om, but I do think they're in this game till mid 4th. Tenn is playing a ton of freshmen and I think they're light will come on soon. I think tenn could be the best in the east next season. Really like butch jones

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-14-2014, 08:20 AM
Can tenn keep this game close? I'm thinking if tenn can take care of the ball that this can be a low scoring defensive game.

Tenn's defense isn't bad.

They lead the sec in 3rd down defense
They're 5th in interceptions
They're tied with us for the lead in TFL
They're 2nd in pass defense
They're 4th in total defense. (They only give up 8.9 yards more than om)

Tenn has a poor oline. They won't score much on om. They will HAVE to get some turnovers. If bo turns the ball over, tenn has a shot IMO. If bo doesn't, tenn won't win. I think this is a low scoring game though and tenn will beat the spread anyway. The weakness of tenn's defense is the weakness of om's offense -- the running game

Sheesh...there is a thread like this for every Ole Miss game. You are just being a wishful thinker. Unless Bo throws a couple of pick six's this game will be easily won by Ole Miss.

TrapGame
10-14-2014, 08:21 AM
Actually, I could see this game being similar to Boise and Memphis. It would be quite humorous to have Bo struggle against the Vols.

Political Hack
10-14-2014, 08:31 AM
I think Arkansas and UT have a shot to give them problems. They're good enough to beat anyone, but inconsistent enough to lose to almost anyone too.

Meanwhile, we play poorly and beat the #2 team in America by 15.

Liverpooldawg
10-14-2014, 08:32 AM
Sorry guys, this will be a big blowout for the bears. UT may not even score.

Jack Lambert
10-14-2014, 08:38 AM
Bo is due a three interception game.

msstate7
10-14-2014, 08:41 AM
Sheesh...there is a thread like this for every Ole Miss game. You are just being a wishful thinker. Unless Bo throws a couple of pick six's this game will be easily won by Ole Miss.

Where do you see om exploiting tenn's defense at?

I'm not saying tenn will win this game. I'm saying tenn wins against the spread.

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-14-2014, 08:46 AM
Where do you see om exploiting tenn's defense at?

I'm not saying tenn will win this game. I'm saying tenn wins against the spread.

Oh against the spread...yeah that's fair.

SignalToNoise
10-14-2014, 08:49 AM
Tennessee sucks. Hoping I'm wrong but OM will cruise in this one.

Jack Lambert
10-14-2014, 08:50 AM
I think Ole Miss rolls in this one.

Todd4State
10-14-2014, 08:53 AM
Here's what is going to happen.

UT will run the ball on them, but instead of keeping it up they start throwing the ball and they squander opportunities costing them game.

msstate7
10-14-2014, 08:59 AM
I think tenn should play ultra conservative. I mean ultra... Like running on 3rd and long. Don't give om turnovers. Turn this into a defensive struggle. I think tenn's defense matches up really well om. I think they're defense can keep them in this game unless om can create turnovers.

codeDawg
10-14-2014, 09:02 AM
no. they are doomed. i wish we could trade uk for them. we could play 1b the whole game.

Westdawg
10-14-2014, 09:19 AM
i am afraid that UT will struggle mightily this game. i think Butch has them going in the right direction, and their defense does have some salt to it, but i feel that OM will put them away rather quickly. I also feel that Hugh will run the score up on this one to pad the stats for his anemic offense.

DancingRabbit
10-14-2014, 09:38 AM
Tenn could only manage 3 FGs against FLA. We would have to get a huge dose of Bad Bo for Tenn to keep it close. Probably end up something like 24-6 OM.

We can hope Tenn softens them up a little for the battle in Baton Rouge with their real rival.

msstate7
10-14-2014, 09:51 AM
Tenn could only manage 3 FGs against FLA. We would have to get a huge dose of Bad Bo for Tenn to keep it close. Probably end up something like 24-6 OM.

We can hope Tenn softens them up a little for the battle in Baton Rouge with their real rival.

Tenn will definitely struggle to score. In that florida game they still held florida to 10 points despite tenn turning the ball over 3 times. Florida is no offensive team, but holding a team to 232 yards is impressive. Florida had 76 passing yards. Tenn's pass defense is tough. Turnovers will be the story IMO. Tenn absolutely can't afford ANY.

CadaverDawg
10-14-2014, 10:02 AM
The problem is turnovers. Ole Miss's defense is making their offense look WAY better than it is. Defensive TD's and short fields is why OM is winning games. If you don't turn it over, and don't give up the home run plays to OM, you beat them. Easier said than done, but think about it....Alabama went away from their strength (thanks Kiffin), and tried to throw the ball on OM. A&M went away from their strength and tried to run the ball early on OM. You have to be smart with the football, and play the field position game. Weather the early storm of premature celebration the OM team thrives on, and then don't give them freebies.

I'm not one of these people that thinks OM sucks...they don't. They're real good. But their offense is very unimpressive to me. I think you have to make them drive the length of the field, and keep from turning the ball over, and you can beat them.

I truly believe that if Alabama had done nothing but lined up and run downhill with Henry and Yeldon right at that defense of OM's, they would have won going away. OM has a fast defense, but they're small. You have to run right at guys like Knedimche to take away their one advantage...speed. If Bama lines up and runs downhill 4 straight times, they get 10 yards+ on every series. But Lane Kiffin tried to get cute. And then on top of that, Bama's secondary gave up long TD scores by letting WR's behind them. Can't do that.

I know I'm making it sound simple, and it's easier said than done....but I just think people are allowing the OM defense to win ball games for them, and I don't think their offense is that good.

Maroonthirteen
10-14-2014, 10:04 AM
Tenns OL is terrible. OMs DL will have a field day with them. OM wins easily.

Political Hack
10-14-2014, 10:23 AM
using the UT vs UF game to assess UT or UF is like using the Egg Bowl to assess State or OM.

UT has scored 30+ in every game except two. They are capable of putting points on the board, but more importantly they e held four of the six teams they've played to under 20 points. I think that gives them a pretty good chance in this game. OM is clearly the favorite and the better team, but I actually think there are some matchups that favor UT in some areas of this game. If UT wins the TO battle and wins the red zone (which I think the matchups favor them in the red zone), they've got a shot to keep it close enough to get a W in the 4th. It's a classic trap game too.

codeDawg
10-14-2014, 10:55 AM
The problem is turnovers. Ole Miss's defense is making their offense look WAY better than it is. Defensive TD's and short fields is why OM is winning games. If you don't turn it over, and don't give up the home run plays to OM, you beat them. Easier said than done, but think about it....Alabama went away from their strength (thanks Kiffin), and tried to throw the ball on OM. A&M went away from their strength and tried to run the ball early on OM. You have to be smart with the football, and play the field position game. Weather the early storm of premature celebration the OM team thrives on, and then don't give them freebies.

I'm not one of these people that thinks OM sucks...they don't. They're real good. But their offense is very unimpressive to me. I think you have to make them drive the length of the field, and keep from turning the ball over, and you can beat them.

I truly believe that if Alabama had done nothing but lined up and run downhill with Henry and Yeldon right at that defense of OM's, they would have won going away. OM has a fast defense, but they're small. You have to run right at guys like Knedimche to take away their one advantage...speed. If Bama lines up and runs downhill 4 straight times, they get 10 yards+ on every series. But Lane Kiffin tried to get cute. And then on top of that, Bama's secondary gave up long TD scores by letting WR's behind them. Can't do that.

I know I'm making it sound simple, and it's easier said than done....but I just think people are allowing the OM defense to win ball games for them, and I don't think their offense is that good.

I'm agreeing with you a lot today. The issue is that Freeze comes out shooting with some schemed plays. We've seen most defenses adjust and shut them down after the first quarter, but it puts pressure on the offense to keep up. That pressure puts an opportunistic D in position to create turnovers, and the rest is history.

If Bama had just leaned on them and had done what Bama does, they would have won. I think Arkansas is a nightmare matchup for UM. They will have enough film to start well on D. If they can hit just a couple of play action passes while grinding the D line and clock, I can see the piggies taking that one.

Dawg61
10-14-2014, 11:04 AM
Ole Miss 42 Tennessee 10

Tennessee sucks. Worley is bad and will get hit often and hard in this one. You think you've seen bad just wait till Tennessee is forced to play backup Peterman. Our walkon QBs are better than Peterman. Gross, Nkemdiche, CJ Johnson are going to eat Worley alive with that Swiss cheese OL. Butch has the douche haircut and red face down pat but his inability to sign a top QB and serviceable OL means he's fired after two more years. Peyton Manning might be the next UT head coach.

msstate7
10-14-2014, 11:11 AM
Ole Miss 42 Tennessee 10

Tennessee sucks. Worley is bad and will get hit often and hard in this one. You think you've seen bad just wait till Tennessee is forced to play backup Peterman. Our walkon QBs are better than Peterman. Gross, Nkemdiche, CJ Johnson are going to eat Worley alive with that Swiss cheese OL. Butch has the douche haircut and red face down pat but his inability to sign a top QB and serviceable OL means he's fired after two more years. Peyton Manning might be the next UT head coach.

You do realize he's in his 2nd year and had to replace all 5 o'linemen, right? That Swiss cheese oline won't be this bad next year and I think they'll get better this year. This week though, they've certainly got their hands full.

Dawg61
10-14-2014, 11:19 AM
You do realize he's in his 2nd year and had to replace all 5 o'linemen, right? That Swiss cheese oline won't be this bad next year and I think they'll get better this year. This week though, they've certainly got their hands full.

Yup I realize it. I also realize the Butch Jones apologists will eventually turn on him and when they do he is toast. He still has time to save his job but that'll take signing an All-SEC QB and bringing in about 5 stud OL too. Doubtful both happen.

cheewgumm
10-14-2014, 11:21 AM
40-3

PMDawg
10-14-2014, 11:35 AM

THIS in spades.

defiantdog
10-14-2014, 11:38 AM
This won't even be a game. UT is awful.... OM will win easily. Auburn will be OM's next big test.

Bucky Dog
10-14-2014, 11:47 AM
I will be at the game with my UT grad wife wearing orange and yelling for the Vols loudly. Wish me luck!!

AROB44
10-14-2014, 01:40 PM
Cadaver:

"I truly believe that if Alabama had done nothing but lined up and run downhill with Henry and Yeldon right at that defense of OM's, they would have won going away. OM has a fast defense, but they're small. You have to run right at guys like Knedimche to take away their one advantage...speed. If Bama lines up and runs downhill 4 straight times, they get 10 yards+ on every series."

I agree 100%. That's why I think OM will be in trouble with Ark.