CadaverDawg
10-14-2014, 07:45 AM
And: "Marshall isn't as good of a QB as Wallace or Prescott"

Our success is killing them. They have to try and say they're equal, even at QB

Johnson85
10-14-2014, 07:50 AM

Does McReady work for Rivals? I was thinking he worked for somewhere semi-legitimate, where it would be embarrassing to be that big of a homer. Nothing against Wallace, but Marshall is much better. Marshall has better arm strength and is obviously a much better runner. Neither are really suited for a traditional offense. In an offense designed to dink and dunk its way down the field, Wallace would probably be better, but even then his arm strength would limit him.

Coach34
10-14-2014, 07:53 AM

He will be 2 weeks from Saturday

West Houston Dog
10-14-2014, 07:55 AM
Look, I am impressed that Wallace has improved. I love our Dak(who is bigger and stronger), but Marshall is more elusive and faster than either of these two. and a heck of a passer. And I hate saying that

msstate7
10-14-2014, 08:04 AM
He will be 2 weeks from Saturday

My thoughts exactly. Auburn is gonna take em out

shoeless joe
10-14-2014, 08:38 AM
Look, I am impressed that Wallace has improved. I love our Dak(who is bigger and stronger), but Marshall is more elusive and faster than either of these two. and a heck of a passer. And I hate saying that

Heck of a passer? C'mon!!

He's very good on the deep ball but struggles with accuracy on intermediate passes. Especially when the pressure is on. Go back and watch our game and you will see. But for the offenses that both run I'd take Marshall.

And auburn is one of the best teams in the country without a doubt

headcoach98
10-14-2014, 08:42 AM
My thoughts exactly. Auburn is gonna take em out
They'll need their running game clicking to do so, if not they're going down.

msstate7
10-14-2014, 08:45 AM

He's very good on the deep ball but struggles with accuracy on intermediate passes. Especially when the pressure is on. Go back and watch our game and you will see. But for the offenses that both run I'd take Marshall.

I thought he was pretty good until the deluge. The wet ball affected both qb's IMO

Jack Lambert
10-14-2014, 08:46 AM
Ole Miss barely beat Alabama and got lucky with a fumble kick off. Bama is not good. Ole Miss will lose to Auburn and MSU. Both offenses will score on Ole Miss defense, A&M scored 20 points and Ole Miss still had their 1st team in the game at the end. A&M did not try the point after and if you take back the two defensive touch downs the score is 21 to 21.

Both Auburn and State defenses is better then Ole Miss offense. They don't run the bull well and if they are county on Bo running it they are in trouble. The Linebackers will have some really big hits on him. Bo will throw interceptions due to the pressure from both defensive lines. I just don't see Ole Miss being a complete team that can beat Auburn or MSU.

Todd4State
10-14-2014, 08:47 AM

The scary thing about Marshall passing is the fact that he can create and make something there when there isn't anything there.

Augustus McCray
10-14-2014, 08:49 AM
They're definitely trying be equals. You have Kellenberger, who thumbed his nose at experts who claimed Dak had Heisman potential, now trying to convince us that Bo is now a heisman contender in the CL this morning.

Coach34
10-14-2014, 08:49 AM
They'll need their running game clicking to do so, if not they're going down.

Auburn averaged 5 YPC vs our front. They will run the ball on Ole Missus

mic
10-14-2014, 08:50 AM
McCready also not sold on Peyton Manning, LBJ, Andrew Luck, and Clayton Kershaw.....

Liverpooldawg
10-14-2014, 08:56 AM
You had to know the Auburn isn't very good stuff would start coming from up the road as soon as we beat them. Auburn is a good football team. Anyone that says they aren't is either a homer or just nuts. That being said we have to give the Rebs their due, they are good too. Saying they aren't is as bad as saying Auburn isn't. That game is going to be interesting for sure. I think UM will struggle to move the ball, but Auburn will too. The game is in Oxford, that is huge for UM. I think it will be a very close lower scoring game. I think Auburn has more O and the Bears have a little more D. Hopefully Auburn will get to Bo and turnovers will decide it in Auburn's favor.

Brahmabull
10-14-2014, 09:00 AM
I am calling it right now. Ole Miss loses to Arkansas!

Bully Dee Williams
10-14-2014, 09:00 AM
They're definitely trying be equals. You have Kellenberger, who thumbed his nose at experts who claimed Dak had Heisman potential, now trying to convince us that Bo is now a heisman contender in the CL this morning.

The Bo for Heisman thing cracks me up. Whenever anyone talks of OM it is always about their good defense and how their offense just needs to not screw up. Bo is nowhere close to the same level as Dak. Granted Dak had an off game by his standards, but he still passed for over 250, ran for over 150, and was responsible for 3 TDs.

Plus, I love how so many people thought that LSU, ATM, and Auburn were so much better than us before we played them. We were underdogs and told that those teams were way more talented or experienced than us. Yet, somehow we win and those teams are overrated.

I hate to break it to the Bears, but we are a good team. Numbers don't lie.

Coach34
10-14-2014, 09:01 AM
Nobody is saying Ole Missus sux- nobody

but I'm saying I think Auburn is a better football team than them- and they damn sure are going to run the football. That is what Auburn does

msstate7
10-14-2014, 09:03 AM
I am calling it right now. Ole Miss loses to Arkansas!

Lsu is the more likely upset IMO.

MadDawg
10-14-2014, 09:03 AM
I said last week it was going to be hard for the media to claim Auburn wasn't any good after we beat them like they did LSU and A&M. Guess I was wrong......

mic
10-14-2014, 09:04 AM
Tennessee
LSU
Auburn
Arkansas
Miss state ..
OM goes 2-3 ....

Coach34
10-14-2014, 09:08 AM
I tend to agree Mic- I think Ole Missus loses to Aubarn, UPig, and us

defiantdog
10-14-2014, 09:13 AM
Ole Miss barely beat Alabama and got lucky with a fumble kick off. Bama is not good. Ole Miss will lose to Auburn and MSU. Both offenses will score on Ole Miss defense, A&M scored 20 points and Ole Miss still had their 1st team in the game at the end. A&M did not try the point after and if you take back the two defensive touch downs the score is 21 to 21.

Both Auburn and State defenses is better then Ole Miss offense. They don't run the bull well and if they are county on Bo running it they are in trouble. The Linebackers will have some really big hits on him. Bo will throw interceptions due to the pressure from both defensive lines. I just don't see Ole Miss being a complete team that can beat Auburn or MSU.

I guarantee Alabama will be a different team on November 15th.... I'm really worried about that game. OM is good though.... but I'm not sure their defense can take the beating from Auburn (remember, OM doesn't have a 1B.... if their starters get tired, they're done).

thf24
10-14-2014, 09:13 AM
I think Auburn has more O and the Bears have a little more D.

I think Auburn has a hell of a lot more O, and enough D to get the job done. Considering we struggled on offense for a portion of the game despite scoring 38 points, after decimating everyone else we've played thus far, you've got to wonder if the Bears will even be able to move the ball against them since their offense hasn't looked great against even their weakest opponents.

Coach34
10-14-2014, 09:19 AM
Ole Missus offense only scored 21 on A&M- let that sink in...we were a dropped pass from putting 55 on them

FlabLoser
10-14-2014, 09:20 AM
Ole Missus offense only scored 21 on A&M- let that sink in...we were a dropped pass from putting 55 on them

I want whatever Coach34 had for breakfast. Bringing the heat today.

cheewgumm
10-14-2014, 09:25 AM
Auburn to me seemed head and shoulders better than anyone we've played so far.

They are going to give everyone fits, if not straight win out. That includes OMU and it's no knock... Auburn's damn good.

chainedup_Dawg
10-14-2014, 09:25 AM
The funny thing to all of this crap by McCready and the dumbass OM fans is that by discrediting our wins they are also discrediting their own. You have to play the same teams you effing morons!

You're right, Chew, Auburn is much better than anyone we have played and I look for them to win out as well. The only game that I think they might lose is the Iron Bowl simply because it's a rivalry game.

EAVdog
10-14-2014, 09:28 AM
McReady was also deflecting from the Kimchee Bong photo with all the memorabilia signings from Winston, Gurley, etc... Of course then he went right in to "If I were Mississippi State I'd be scared to death some Dak signatures were out there". He is a major douche and tries every time he can to throw shade on State.

It is great seeing their efforts to try to be as relevant as us, which is crazy because they are #3! Bo isn't a Heisman Candidate, Hugh Freeze doesn't scour the countryside looking for diamonds in the rough, yada yada yada... Just be who you are Ole Miss; a team with a great defense, a QB who fits the system to a T, and a team built around one phenomenal recruiting class. #3 is pretty damn good on it's own.

ScottH
10-14-2014, 09:30 AM
out of their last 6 the only two thing which i fell certain:
UM beats Presbyterian
UPIG beats UM

TrapGame
10-14-2014, 09:32 AM
I guarantee Alabama will be a different team on November 15th.... I'm really worried about that game. OM is good though.... but I'm not sure their defense can take the beating from Auburn (remember, OM doesn't have a 1B.... if their starters get tired, they're done).

Not with Lane Kiffen on the sideline. That dude is a cancer.

shoeless joe
10-14-2014, 09:33 AM
Auburn'a D is damn good also. We just make good defenses look bad.

CadaverDawg
10-14-2014, 09:33 AM
McReady was also deflecting from the Kimchee Bong photo with all the memorabilia signings from Winston, Gurley, etc... Of course then he went right in to "If I were Mississippi State I'd be scared to death some Dak signatures were out there". He is a major douche and tries every time he can to throw shade on State.

It is great seeing their efforts to try to be as relevant as us, which is crazy because they are #3! Bo isn't a Heisman Candidate, Hugh Freeze doesn't scour the countryside looking for diamonds in the rough, yada yada yada... Just be who you are Ole Miss; a team with a great defense, a QB who fits the system to a T, and a team built around one phenomenal recruiting class. #3 is pretty damn good on it's own.

Exactly. Their insecurity makes the State look bad. Hell, there was an Ole Miss woman that called in Finebaum yesterday saying OM should be getting more respect, and went on a rant. Are you serious? Us stealing the spotlight has them losing their minds. It is hilarious that they finally have a good team, and we're still better than them. Haha

cheewgumm
10-14-2014, 09:37 AM
Just throwing that out there about Dak is petty low. No knowledge... Just throw it to and see
If it causes problems. Snake.

QuadrupleOption
10-14-2014, 09:38 AM

I don't know how he stacks up against other QBs really, but I do know that Marshall kept Auburn in that game by himself with his elusiveness, running, and passes. He's very quick and has a knack for making plays when things go to Hell all around him.

I do think Dak is better though :)

Really Clark?
10-14-2014, 09:39 AM
The Bo for Heisman thing cracks me up. Whenever anyone talks of OM it is always about their good defense and how their offense just needs to not screw up. Bo is nowhere close to the same level as Dak. Granted Dak had an off game by his standards, but he still passed for over 250, ran for over 150, and was responsible for 3 TDs.

Plus, I love how so many people thought that LSU, ATM, and Auburn were so much better than us before we played them. We were underdogs and told that those teams were way more talented or experienced than us. Yet, somehow we win and those teams are overrated.

I hate to break it to the Bears, but we are a good team. Numbers don't lie.

Kind of nit picking here, but Dak passed for 246 and ran for 121 against Auburn. Still not bad for an off game.

Coach34
10-14-2014, 09:39 AM
Alabama is going to be a tough place for us to win- nobody disputes that

MSUMatt
10-14-2014, 09:40 AM
Marshall threw two really good throws Saturday. One was the deep ball he barely over threw and the second one was the pass interference call. The touchdown pass he threw to Duke Ellington looked like something someone with a hook hand would throw. Ellington bailed him out big time on that throw. The other touchdown pass he threw I'm sure 99% of the board would have completed. He had an awful awful day throwing the football. Having said that, the dude is fast. Very fast. I think saying he is a heck of a passer is being very very generous.

And, I agree with other posters. Bo has been playing very well.

PMDawg
10-14-2014, 09:43 AM
I have a hard time giving LSU a shot to beat them. Auburn will be interesting. Right now, I think the class of the west is obviously us, auburn, and ole miss. All 3 ate damn good and it will be a dog fight from here.

Johnson85
10-14-2014, 09:44 AM
...Of course then he went right in to "If I were Mississippi State I'd be scared to death some Dak signatures were out there".

What a sorry sack of shit. Did he really do that? You can be a homer for UM without trying to trash MSU players.

Johnson85
10-14-2014, 09:46 AM
Lsu is the more likely upset IMO.

I don't think so. LSU's OLine and RBs are good enough to wear UM down over the course of the game if they had a qb that could keep them just a little honest, but I don't think they have that. And I don't think their D is good enough to shut UM down. I think Arkansas's strength matches up great with UM, and allows them to challenge UM's weakness (smallish front 7 on D) all game long.

CadaverDawg
10-14-2014, 09:49 AM
What a sorry sack of shit. Did he really do that? You can be a homer for UM without trying to trash MSU players.

+1 Did he really say this? What a piece of trash he is if so. Bitch move, from a bitch.

PMDawg
10-14-2014, 09:50 AM
How is arkansas going to beat them? Arkansas has no offense, and OM has an elite D. I cant see it. Would love to be wrong though. I think the ark D can keep it close, but I cant see them scoring more than 14 points. If that.

Jack Lambert
10-14-2014, 09:59 AM

I am not arguing with you but we are six games in and Alabama has taken a step backwards not forwards. If you are right we will start to see a improvement the next two weeks.

I personally like having Auburn in the rear view mirror facing Alabama then to have Alabama in the mirror facing Auburn.

Really Clark?
10-14-2014, 10:02 AM
How is arkansas going to beat them? Arkansas has no offense, and OM has an elite D. I cant see it. Would love to be wrong though. I think the ark D can keep it close, but I cant see them scoring more than 14 points. If that.

Arkansas best chance is to do what they do best and that is to run the ball all day long. They cannot make mistakes and they will have to throw the ball some but just keep pounding UM up the middle. Keep making the Safety's tackle a bunch and it means at least 4-6 yards a carry and at some point hit a pass over the top. Keep it a close low scoring game, control the clock, and field position.

Chip
10-14-2014, 10:02 AM
Auburn is a very, very good team. Athletes all over their defense. Two outstanding receivers - both of whom will play in the NFL. Marshall is elusive and very quick, and runs their offense with efficiency. Their tailback had more success against us than I thought he would have.

All in all, they are as good as we are, or just slightly worse. I think they have a very good chance to win out, with a possible hiccup at Tuscaloosa. I don't see A&M or Georgia hanging with them. If they had Alabama at Auburn, I think they'd beat Alabama by 14.

If Ole Miss is taking Auburn for granted, they will wish they hadn't.

blacklistedbully
10-14-2014, 10:06 AM
Nobody is saying Ole Missus sux- nobody

but I'm saying I think Auburn is a better football team than them- and they damn sure are going to run the football. That is what Auburn does

Coach, do they need to run right at them, straight up the gut? My sense is if they keep trying to run wide, that will play into one of TSUN's strengths - pursuit. That defense is small, but fast and good at open-field tackling. Has anyone they've played tried pounding the ball straight at them for most of a game?

thunderclap
10-14-2014, 10:09 AM
LSU might be figuring out to line up, give it to the big back, and go from there. If they do and stick to it, could give OM a problem. If Bama kept it up, that score would've been different.

mjh94
10-14-2014, 10:11 AM
THIS is exactly what i've been telling everybody.. 21 points on that shitty defense? they ought to be ashamed. if aTm doesn't hand them 14 points on a silver platter, different ball game. Not saying i'm discounting their defense, but 21 points on aTm defense? come on...

EAVdog
10-14-2014, 10:14 AM
Absolutely said it. Started with Winston/Gurley then jumped right in to 'what if' on Dak. He spun away from Kimchee smoking pot right into insinuating possibilities of signatures from Dak. Gaurantee someone is searching Google right now. Those mf'rs are crazy.

Jack Lambert
10-14-2014, 10:17 AM
The funny thing to all of this crap by McCready and the dumbass OM fans is that by discrediting our wins they are also discrediting their own. You have to play the same teams you effing morons!

You're right, Chew, Auburn is much better than anyone we have played and I look for them to win out as well. The only game that I think they might lose is the Iron Bowl simply because it's a rivalry game.

I sure hope they do lose the iron bowl. One tie breaker we might not have to worry about.

rbdog82
10-14-2014, 10:23 AM
Exactly. Their insecurity makes the State look bad. Hell, there was an Ole Miss woman that called in Finebaum yesterday saying OM should be getting more respect, and went on a rant. Are you serious? Us stealing the spotlight has them losing their minds. It is hilarious that they finally have a good team, and we're still better than them. Haha

Was this the same caller that said she'd rather not be #1 because of the added pressure? Such a delusional fan base.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-14-2014, 10:24 AM

I still can't believe he brought it up out of the blue like he did and it was very unprofessional. I wonder if he's taken the time to look at the James Spence Authentication website to see if any om players have a large number of signed photos....

Mjoelner34
10-14-2014, 10:30 AM

Hey McReady, I've got some Bo autographs on toilet paper. Want to buy some?

blacklistedbully
10-14-2014, 10:32 AM

By running straight at them, pounding that smallish D-line, nullifying their speed advantage. After you've got them sneaking those safeties up to help stop the run, play action pass over the top.

MadDawg
10-14-2014, 10:33 AM
I still can't believe he brought it up out of the blue like he did and it was very unprofessional. I wonder if he's taken the time to look at the James Spence Authentication website to see if any om players have a large number of signed photos....

It was obviously directed at any State fans that might be getting their jollies from the Kimdeechee picture. He approaches EVERYTHING from the rebel fan perspective.

NCDawg
10-14-2014, 10:39 AM

I agree that Marshall is more elusive, and I was impressed with the strength of his arm. But overall, I would rate Dak and Wallace as the better QB's.

Coach34
10-14-2014, 10:39 AM

UPig at home in cooler weather will take it's toll on them. It took all Bama had to pull it out in the road- just like it took everything Ole Missus had to barely beat Bammer at home. Pigs just need to be patient and keep running the ball- something Kiffin and Bammer didn't do

blacklistedbully
10-14-2014, 10:43 AM
Absolutely said it. Started with Winston/Gurley then jumped right in to 'what if' on Dak. He spun away from Kimchee smoking pot right into insinuating possibilities of signatures from Dak. Gaurantee someone is searching Google right now. Those mf'rs are crazy.

Oh, with those looney-toons there is probably someone fast at work forging Dak's signature on a bunch of stuff. Never think they aren't capable.

Johnson85
10-14-2014, 10:46 AM

Arkansas has a very good run offense and a limited pass offense. They want to pound the ball in between the tackles and basically only pass when set up by play action. If you have the personnel, the way to attack UM's defense is to attack it straight up the middle; you don't want to have a run game predicated on beating them to the outside; you also don't want to challenge their secondary too much. So if you're Arkansas and you are going up against a very good defense, UM is the best matchup they can have.

Provided UM doesn't get points off turnovers early, the Arkansas/UM game should look similar to the UM/Bama game from last year. Arkansas won't have a ton of success in the first half, but if they can keep it close, I think UM is going to have to cheat safeties up to stop the run in the second half. Then it's just a matter of Ark being able to complete play action passes occasionally. The difference will be that unlike Bama last year, Ark won't be able to completely shut UM down. They are going to need to have some offensive success early or they are gonig to need bad Bo to make an appearance.

BSME04
10-14-2014, 10:56 AM
A quick amazon search for "Bo Wallace" produces quite a few hits for JSA certified memorabilia. Just sayin...

DancingRabbit
10-14-2014, 11:06 AM
I sure hope they do lose the iron bowl. One tie breaker we might not have to worry about.

If we take only 1 loss and Auburn wins out, that means OM and Bama have multiple losses. We go to ATL based on the head-to-head, correct?

I was impressed with Auburn and think we have played the best team on our schedule. Of course, going on the road to OM and Bama will be tough but I think we at least split those. Avoid any trap-game losses and I think we go 11-1.

RougeDawg
10-14-2014, 11:24 AM
Like I posted on here as I walked out of Tiger Stadium about a month ago, The West is Ours to Lose. We have the most complete, balanced team in the SEC. Think about that and let that sink in. What I saw that night and what I have seen from us and the rest of the SEC, we are the best all around team. Auburn is a close 2nd, and then there is everyone else. I don't see much difference in 3-7 in the remainder of the West. OM's offense barely managed to score 21 points on one of the worst defenses in the SEC, and it took Bro Ballace playing a perfect game for that. He is due some Bro-type games in the 2nd half of the season and I see them slipping up 2-3 times before we play them. Auburn will beat them. OM will struggle against ARK, LSU, Auburn, and Us. Playing at Ark and LSU will be difficult for them to come out on top, and Auburn at home is all but a loss at this point. A running team will give them fits. The reason Bama lost is Kiffin channeled his inner Mike Leach and stopped running the ball in the 2nd half, when Yeldon was averaging 6.2 YPC. Bama also outgained them in total yardage. Bro had a perfect game in that one as well, and they barely won.

OM is overrated at this point and the good running teams, that actually stick to the run are going to give them hell. When the real Bro Ballace shows back up, they may lose to a TN.

F*ck OM and I can't wait to see this season unravel for them.

Johnson85
10-14-2014, 12:30 PM
If we take only 1 loss and Auburn wins out, that means OM and Bama have multiple losses. We go to ATL based on the head-to-head, correct?

I was impressed with Auburn and think we have played the best team on our schedule. Of course, going on the road to OM and Bama will be tough but I think we at least split those. Avoid any trap-game losses and I think we go 11-1.

If Auburn wins out and UM only loses to Auburn, we will be in a three way tie, with UM having head to head against us, Auburn having it against UM, and us having it against Auburn. I think the first tie breaker that does anything will be record of east opponents (in which case Auburn will likely win and between us and UM it will depend on whether UK or UT has a better record). Not sure if they use that tiebreaker to know out one team and then move to head to head or if that tie breaker decides the champion. If that tiebreaker is just used to get to head to head, then we need to be big time UK fans when were' not playing them.

Percho
10-14-2014, 02:40 PM
Marshall threw two really good throws Saturday. One was the deep ball he barely over threw and the second one was the pass interference call. The touchdown pass he threw to Duke Ellington looked like something someone with a hook hand would throw. Ellington bailed him out big time on that throw. The other touchdown pass he threw I'm sure 99% of the board would have completed. He had an awful awful day throwing the football. Having said that, the dude is fast. Very fast. I think saying he is a heck of a passer is being very very generous.

And, I agree with other posters. Bo has been playing very well.

I thought the pass he threw while being sacked was a great play.