PDA

View Full Version : Anyone miss Balis?

JDog13
10-13-2014, 07:49 PM
I think we look just as good or better. I think Court never missed a beat. Anyone in the know that can tell us their opinion on if Court took us to another level?

Liverpooldawg
10-13-2014, 07:53 PM
Who?***

preachermatt83
10-13-2014, 08:19 PM
we are better conditioned now than we have ever been.

Harrydawg
10-13-2014, 08:38 PM
Huge deal and should not be missed, we went thru 2 a days and did have any cramps.

It's diet and training, great job by the entire staff. Rick Court doing work and I would like to see more articles on him.

Yeah, and we are fast, damn fast. Speed makes holes quickly disappear.

godlluB
10-13-2014, 09:05 PM
I think Balis was purely a he-man tough guy type of strength coach. Court is dropping science knowledge on the program by introducing things like that hydration testing machine. I think he's a significant component of this year's success.

Barking 13
10-13-2014, 09:08 PM
Dawg Juice....

Johnson85
10-14-2014, 08:12 AM
I think we look just as good or better. I think Court never missed a beat. Anyone in the know that can tell us their opinion on if Court took us to another level?

Honestly S&C is one position where I think we benefit from switching S&C guys every two years or three years. I think it's hard for players to respond to a guy for four or five years and switching it up helps keep the intensity up and just adds benefits by mixing up workouts. Obviously they mix them up on their own, but not to the extent bringing a new guy in does.

If Court is really on the cutting edge as far as the science of it, maybe he is a guy that we need to keep for a long as we can, but in general, I'd say most of the SEC quality S&C coaches are similar and interchangeable. Just need a crazy intense SOB that knows about S&C.

Dawghouse
10-14-2014, 08:40 AM
Court also had the benefit of new laws in the NCAA. I believe I read that he's allowed to provide better nutrition now that schools are allowed to provide unlimited food to athletes. Court does seem to be more cerebral in his S&C over pure brute force. Not to take anything away from Balis, S&C doesn't happen in one year, our players are night and day from the Croom years and last few years of Jackie when the inmates were running the asylum.

MaxedOutMaroon
10-14-2014, 09:19 AM
Strictly from a fan's perspective: I love that we see our staff around campus. Both Mullen and Court have given me "the point." So I'm @imsocourtmade

sleepy dawg
10-14-2014, 10:30 AM
It's pretty hard to miss anyone at this point... If you're not here now then clearly we didn't need you...