PDA

View Full Version : The Nkemdiche photo was headlined on SEC Now....

CadaverDawg
10-13-2014, 06:27 PM
And they showed the presser where Freeze swept it under the rug. Is this seriously just going to be ignored because Holy Reverend Beaver says "nothing to see here"? If this was us, we would have NCAA investigators knocking on the AD's door tonight. Freeze said they had a drug testing policy that they adhere to strongly....yet Knemdiche didn't miss a single snap this year due to suspension. So is Hugh saying the bong hit was out of his system when they tested? He said "I am aware of when it happened and where it happened. Okay, so I'm confused....if you knew/know why wasn't he suspended? Freeze danced around the question and everyone just acts satisfied since Freeze is such a credible guy. Screw that, he should have to explain that shit.

Bully Dee Williams
10-13-2014, 06:35 PM
I thought the same thing. There was zero accountability.

That'll help recruiting with the pot head crowd.

blacklistedbully
10-13-2014, 06:50 PM
Ole Miss' drug policy does not require a suspension for the first offense. They have the weakest drug policy in the SEC, and one of the weakest in the nation.

And the way Freeze danced around it, it could mean they simply found a way for his test to be negative. Remember, we're talking about the school that took and protected Marshall Henderson, among others.

raymond21
10-13-2014, 07:02 PM
Im not sure the second offense is punishable either, its more like the 3rd or 4th.

Quaoarsking
10-13-2014, 07:16 PM
Well, theoretically no one can prove that it's marijuana rather than tobacco, so I guess they can just repeat that line over and over.

Of course, you really don't want your star athletes smoking tobacco and hurting their breathing/conditioning, so it's not much better...

Bucky Dog
10-13-2014, 07:26 PM
I read that on the first offense for them it is up to HC and AD if there is any punishment. Second offense they sit 25% of remaining games for that year and third offense they lose scholarship and kicked out of school. They way Freeze worded it was they drug screened before this happened son technically he passed the test! What a crock of shit! If he was a man of his word he would sit him one game.

CadaverDawg
10-13-2014, 07:57 PM
I read that on the first offense for them it is up to HC and AD if there is any punishment. Second offense they sit 25% of remaining games for that year and third offense they lose scholarship and kicked out of school. They way Freeze worded it was they drug screened before this happened son technically he passed the test! What a crock of shit! If he was a man of his word he would sit him one game.

Yep. We don't need to let this die like Ole miss wants it to, IMO.

Political Hack
10-13-2014, 08:14 PM
Freeze did say he takes those things to the AD, so maybe they did discuss it way back when and decided tinker it go since Kimchee was already taking so much heat for that frat fight episode thingy. No need to gang up on a guy.***

blacklistedbully
10-13-2014, 08:21 PM
May have changed, but this was the situation in 2012:

"Ole Miss athletic director Ross Bjork, who was hired in March, is hoping to strengthen his school's policy by the middle of the summer. Currently, a second positive test at Mississippi might simply mean the loss of free tickets for family and/or community service.

A third positive requires suspension for three games or events. Subsequent violations call for three games tacked onto that, though the athletic director and head coach can dismiss the athlete or opt not to renew the scholarship."

And then there was this:

"Georgia, Kentucky and Mississippi State are the only ones with suspensions for athletes' first positive test for marijuana, 10 percent of the season for each."

LC Dawg
10-13-2014, 08:27 PM
I was really surprised that Freeze even acknowledged this or that the first response was that it wasn't RN in the picture. I was shocked that Freeze's response was "Yeah I know he smokes weed but we have a good drug policy". I guess it's a hell of a strategy because nothing seems to be happening with this.

blacklistedbully
10-13-2014, 08:50 PM
Actually, he said they are "consistent" with their drug policy. So, technically he's not lying if they let all their players get away with it. They consistently do not punish their athletes.

deadheaddawg
10-14-2014, 09:53 PM
Bashing Ole Miss for this is a slippery slope, because you are a fool if you don't think this could happen to us

CadaverDawg
10-14-2014, 09:56 PM
Bashing Ole Miss for this is a slippery slope, because you are a fool if you don't think this could happen to us

Yea well it hasn't. And if it does, there will be a lot more made of it, which is why it should be now. And I doubt it will happen to our #1 recruit in the country, because we don't have one.

woozman
10-14-2014, 10:08 PM
"They have the weakest drug policy in the SEC, and one of the weakest in the nation."

Yep. Freeze can preach all he wants, but there are different rules for the star players.

Acid mouth
10-14-2014, 10:24 PM
"They have the weakest drug policy in the SEC, and one of the weakest in the nation."
Bingo! Freeze could change this policy if he wanted but the inmates are already running the asylum.
Florida is looking like the perfect escape for Freeze to avoid this open investigation into his football program. Hopefully all the sanctions are from HDN so that is doesn't follow him. Just like Fedora rode Austin Davis, Freeze rides Bro Ballace. Like I said, Florida is the perfect fit.

IMissJack
10-14-2014, 10:48 PM
I can't believe in this day and age the SEC lets each school decide discipline for drugs. Shouldn't this be a SEC mandated policy so that each school treats it the same?

FlabLoser
10-14-2014, 11:16 PM
Their 3rd part SID, Hugh Kellenberger, put out an article saying Hugh strengthened the drug policy when he became HC.

notsofarawaydawg
10-15-2014, 12:26 AM
A comment was made today defending their star player saying it was an "OLD PHOTO." They are so full of shit.

FlabLoser
10-15-2014, 12:42 AM
Hugh BRAGGED that he knew where and when the photo was taken. Should I be surprised that no media member asked him when the photo was taken, when Freeze learned about it, how Ole Miss handled it, etc?

bulldogcountry1
10-15-2014, 07:27 AM
Any of us who has been around long enough should know what eventually happens when you let the inmates run the asylum. It's a predictable pattern. You might have some fast succes, but you are always dealing with off the field issues. The decent players get tired of defending the bad ones, and team chemistry goes out the window. Throw in some some on the field adversity, and it spirals out of control.

Let's just hope it happens sooner than later.

Oxfordawg
10-15-2014, 07:40 AM
Channel 5 in Memphis reported on the photo last night, now Freeze is not sure it is even kemdashian in the pic. What a piece

archdog
10-15-2014, 07:54 AM
You think a guy like Nkemdiche would smoke anything less than weed out of a bong and make himself look bad. No way. Dude is the real deal remember. Got to front.

FISHDAWG
10-15-2014, 08:20 AM
Channel 5 in Memphis reported on the photo last night, now Freeze is not sure it is even kemdashian in the pic. What a piece

this is what finally made Slive retire **

Johnson85
10-15-2014, 08:38 AM
And they showed the presser where Freeze swept it under the rug. Is this seriously just going to be ignored because Holy Reverend Beaver says "nothing to see here"? If this was us, we would have NCAA investigators knocking on the AD's door tonight. Freeze said they had a drug testing policy that they adhere to strongly....yet Knemdiche didn't miss a single snap this year due to suspension. So is Hugh saying the bong hit was out of his system when they tested? He said "I am aware of when it happened and where it happened. Okay, so I'm confused....if you knew/know why wasn't he suspended? Freeze danced around the question and everyone just acts satisfied since Freeze is such a credible guy. Screw that, he should have to explain that shit.

He did explain it. He implied without stating that he had taken the issue to Bjork and they consistently applied the first step in their drug policy which is apparently telling the athlete, "hey, you got caught. Don't smoke weed if you can'ta void getting caught; next time we'll punish you for it." He was also vague enough that if Nkemdiche's "first" incident wasn't addressed, and he was called on it, he could say "we were following our drug policy and Knemdiche never tested positive, and our policy doesn't call for anything without a positive test. I have talked to Nkemdiche privately about this matter and am confident we haev an understanding about our expectations for his behavior going forward and that he is going to comply with our understanding. I won't be commenting further on privatge disciplinary matters."

starkvegasdawg
10-15-2014, 08:50 AM
Who is worse...Freeze or Fisher? Both will sell their soul for a win.

dickiedawg
10-15-2014, 09:40 AM
Fisher sat his star player for one of the three games on the schedule they actually have to show up to win.

Political Hack
10-15-2014, 10:06 AM

1) it's their lax drug policy that's a slippery slope.

2) Kimchee is in the news almost as much as Winston with his off the field antics. It's not a single time isolated bong hit. It's a lawsuit. It's him getting into it with a coach. It's a bong hit. It's Georgia folks complaining about him taking money. It's his dad being offered a job at UMC.

Dawgheadcheese
10-15-2014, 10:52 AM

Blah, Blah. If it happens with us, so be it. I'm banking on the fact that there is a whole lot more of this crap going on in Oxford. OM keeps doing whatever they think it will take to win - ethical or not. Which will make it all the better when we beat their ass again in November.

Coach34
10-15-2014, 11:05 AM
The Ole Missus creed is "win the party"

We have some weed smokers too- but I'd bet my share of Elitedawgs their percentage is a good bit higher. It's the cultures of the programs that are vastly different

RossDawg82
10-15-2014, 11:11 AM
I would probably say that the number of smokers on both teams is about the same. The difference is that our players wont do it while a kid is holding up a camera.

NewTweederEndzoneDance
10-15-2014, 11:37 AM
Fisher sat his star player for one of the three games on the schedule they actually have to show up to win.

Fisher sat his star player for a half of that game after repeated dumb behavior from said star player, including rape and theft. The University, after receiving a ton of outside pressure, stepped in and sat him for the rest of that game.

I'm also not sure what you guys think should be done based on that photo. It's not time stamped, verified, clearly detailing the contents or showing a clear picture of the player. We all know what was going on and its terrible PR for them, but there is not exactly some smoking gun sitting there. I guess its just me, but not really a big deal in my book based on everything else going on in college football

Coach34
10-15-2014, 11:37 AM
I would probably say that the number of smokers on both teams is about the same. The difference is that our players wont do it while a kid is holding up a camera.

Based on the results of the surprise test Mullen have our team this past Summer- I'm gonna vehemently disagree