PDA

View Full Version : Baseball thoughts.

MsStateBaseball
10-13-2014, 05:56 PM
First the schedule. We do play a tough East part. No easy Missouri. Tenn, UK, S Caro, Florida are solid clubs. Remember we dropped the Houston classic for whatever reason and it may be the tougher schedule. Todd for state????

I think this is solid. I think Cohen's best 1-35 as in talent wise. More later.

Todd4State
10-13-2014, 06:08 PM
On the schedule, my guess is because we already play Arizona at home and Cohen uses the OOC schedule sort of like spring training to a degree. Also, Cohen has said that he wants a certain amount of home games every year. As much fun as it is to go to Houston, and I would have gone, it would have hurt us from an evaluation standpoint.

I know some people may disagree with that, but the fact of the matter is we only get four OOC weekends and we do have fans that live in the Starkville area that are very loyal and go to games no matter what and we should make sure that we pay them some attention too.

Now, I am totally fine with playing either a tough OOC team OR a tournament pre-SEC. But we should not do both in the same year. It needs to be one or the other. And it would have probably been more expensive to buy out Arizona than it would have to pull out of the Houston Tournament. If it were me, I would do home/home with an Big 5 school (except Big 10) two years in a row and then go do a tournament.

MsStateBaseball
10-13-2014, 07:02 PM
And also Cole Barlow is not on roster. Don't know what happened.

messageboardsuperhero
10-13-2014, 07:10 PM
I'm pumped about our home conference slate- South Carolina, LSU, and Florida (SBW) all come to DNF.