PDA

View Full Version : Finebaum says Hugh Freeze will be a candidate at Florida

Political Hack
10-13-2014, 03:33 PM
that's interesting. First time I've ever heard his name mentioned for a big time job.

CDM has spurned several of the "big boys" just to see his team become #1. Let's see what Hugh does.

BeardoMSU
10-13-2014, 03:34 PM
that's interesting. First time I've ever heard his name mentioned for a big time job.

CDM has spurned several of the "big boys" just to see his team become #1. Let's see what Hugh does.

Hugh ain't leaving OM. That is his dream job.

Jack Lambert
10-13-2014, 03:35 PM
I want Freeze to stay at Ole Miss. He will wonder off into the sun set much like Nutt.

DistrictDawg92
10-13-2014, 03:35 PM
Neither Hugh or Dan are leaving. Period

DawgHouseUnited
10-13-2014, 03:36 PM
With the success he's having at the moment, one does wonder. However, isn't he an OM guy through-and-through? I ask that because if he is, he might be in his "dream job" and want to stay there till they run him off.

TrapGame
10-13-2014, 03:36 PM
Once the inmates start running the asylum Freeze will wish he had taken the Florida job.

BulldogBacker
10-13-2014, 03:38 PM
Once the inmates start running the asylum Freeze will wish he had taken the Florida job.

Remember, the NKVD (NCAA) is in town. He may want to get out before the hammer falls?

Coach34
10-13-2014, 03:41 PM
Hugh ain't leaving OM. That is his dream job.

Not according to people he and I both know. Supposedly Georgia is the dream job

msstate7
10-13-2014, 03:41 PM
If freeze leaves, there's really ncca trouble a brewing or he really doesn't like his qb situation next season IMO.

TrapGame
10-13-2014, 03:42 PM
Remember, the NKVD (NCAA) is in town. He may want to get out before the hammer falls?

Good point.

And with Bo gone next year who's the quarterback? The guy that can run but can't hit the broad side of a barn or the guy that can chunk it but runs like a baby deer with diarrhea!

preachermatt83
10-13-2014, 03:46 PM
Good point.

And with Bo gone next year who's the quarterback? The guy that can run but can't hit the broad side of a barn or the guy that can chunk it but runs like a baby deer with diarrhea!

never heard that expression before but it made me laugh loudly.

War Machine Dawg
10-13-2014, 03:48 PM

Don't know who you know, so I won't say your guys aren't saying the same thing. But my family knows Freeze's family well, and they have all said for years that TSUN is his dream job. It'll be interesting to watch it play out. Personally, I hope he stays in Oxford forever.

preachermatt83
10-13-2014, 03:49 PM

ANNNNNNDDD, BOOM goes the dynamite. I was wondering when someone would ever drop this hammer. Hugh Freeze loves OM but his DREAM JOB is UGA and many people close to him know it. Having said that, don't think for one second that he don't LOVE OM. He aint going anywhere until he has to bc he is fired or bc he knows the NCAA is gonna drop the hammer.

mic
10-13-2014, 04:05 PM

Let the OM spin machine run with that ... Maybe the "TMZ" employee they have watching our program can find our mole...

Johnson85
10-13-2014, 04:17 PM

I'm guessing Freeze won't leave for the same reasons Mullen wont'. There's just not that much advantage going to the big schools now, especially if you're having to rebuild versus just maintain what you've already built. The only potential caveat with Freeze is that if he really doesn't have a QB for next year, he may not feel comfortable that he can survive the storm. If you're going to rebuilding anyway, much better to rebuild at a Florida with the clock reset because the fans know you're rebuilding versus trying to do it at a UM when the fans are expecting to be in the hunt for the SEC championship.

mstatefan91
10-13-2014, 04:22 PM
But Pawwwwwwwwl say that both would leave if Florida comes a knockin...no questions asked.

jumbo
10-13-2014, 04:25 PM
I just don't see a HC going from one SEC school to another. Assistants are a different story (i.e. I'd be much more concerned with Collins going to UF than Mullen). Tubberville is the last HC to leave his school for another.

mstatefan91
10-13-2014, 04:27 PM
I just don't see a HC going from one SEC school to another. Assistants are a different story (i.e. I'd be much more concerned with Collins going to UF than Mullen). Tubberville is the last HC to leave his school for another.

UF will want an offensive guru after the Muschamp era. I doubt they would come after Collins

msstate7
10-13-2014, 04:30 PM
UF will want an offensive guru after the Muschamp era. I doubt they would come after Collins

Love collins... There's a 0% chance that florida hires a DC with no HC experience again. The ark st's of the country will be the teams to worry about offering collins

mstatefan91
10-13-2014, 04:31 PM
Love collins... There's a 0% chance that florida hires a DC with no HC experience again. The ark st's of the country will be the teams to worry about offering collins

Exactly

Political Hack
10-13-2014, 04:32 PM
But Pawwwwwwwwl say that both would leave if Florida comes a knockin...no questions asked.

Pawwllll apparently isn't smart enough to know that Mullen will never work for Foley again.

Johnson85
10-13-2014, 05:33 PM

If we get into the playoffs, I think Collins will have better offers than the Sun Belt. He'll get calls from little brothers from good conferences and maybe good schools from the CUSA (assuming that's still a better conference than the Sun Belt).

msstate7
10-13-2014, 05:34 PM
If we get into the playoffs, I think Collins will have better offers than the Sun Belt. He'll get calls from little brothers from good conferences and maybe good schools from the CUSA (assuming that's still a better conference than the Sun Belt).

Hope we find out

Bothrops
10-13-2014, 05:55 PM
Sounds like Pawl is basing the decision on the fact that Florida has a bigger stadium. Who gives a F*ck. They're facilities are not any better than ours. Their buildings are probably less updated. Mullen will get a nice contract upgrade at MSU and not have to worry about dealing with unrealistic expectations from the get go. Starting over can be disastrous, as we've witnessed a lot around the nation. Dan knows this, he's smarter than other fan bases think.

Political Hack
10-13-2014, 06:06 PM
y'all are missing the point. Mullen IS NOT going to work for Foley. not gonna happen.

If it were to happen, it would have to be Freeze. Although I doubt Slive would allow it. Foley may go to battle with Slive over that, but Slive has not allowed SEC schools to poach each other's coaches during his entire tenure.

M.Fillmore
10-13-2014, 06:22 PM
The only way Freeze leaves Oxford is in a pine box.***

Maroonthirteen
10-13-2014, 06:25 PM
Florida needs a women's basketball coach?

deltadawg99
10-13-2014, 06:30 PM
Question. If Ole Miss is Freeze's "dream job" and he loves Ole Miss so much, why didn't he go to school there? He grew up 30 minutes away and went to USM. He didn't play sports there or anything like that. Just curious.

Freeze could be up the creek if his assistants start jumping ship. The offensive staff isn't going anywhere, but Wommack and some other defense staffers may leave for greener pastures. I know Womack is older, but he may want to give head coaching a shot before he retires.

JDog13
10-13-2014, 06:55 PM
Question. If Ole Miss is Freeze's "dream job" and he loves Ole Miss so much, why didn't he go to school there? He grew up 30 minutes away and went to USM. He didn't play sports there or anything like that. Just curious.

Freeze could be up the creek if his assistants start jumping ship. The offensive staff isn't going anywhere, but Wommack and some other defense staffers may leave for greener pastures. I know Womack is older, but he may want to give head coaching a shot before he retires.

Freeze may have not had the money or scholarship to go there.

Werner and Womack are the sole reason's for Hugh's success.

Political Hack
10-13-2014, 08:16 PM
Freeze is actually the only SEC coach that I'm aware of that didn't play college football.

Sounds like a good fit for Florida.

Smitty
10-13-2014, 08:25 PM
Freeze is actually the only SEC coach that I'm aware of that didn't play college football.

Sounds like a good fit for Florida.

Florida has had success with former Heisman winning QB's at their school that didn't do much in the pros.... They should hire Tebow.

Political Hack
10-13-2014, 08:42 PM
Florida has had success with former Heisman winning QB's at their school that didn't do much in the pros.... They should hire Tebow.

or bring Cam Newton back.

Todd4State
10-13-2014, 09:07 PM
Freeze may have not had the money or scholarship to go there.

Werner and Womack are the sole reason's for Hugh's success.

I would imagine that if you are from Independence, MS, it's probably cheaper to go to Ole Miss as opposed to USM because it's closer. Oxford is only an hour away from Independence. He could have lived at home and gone to Ole Miss conceivably.

JDog13
10-13-2014, 09:27 PM
I would imagine that if you are from Independence, MS, it's probably cheaper to go to Ole Miss as opposed to USM because it's closer. Oxford is only an hour away from Independence. He could have lived at home and gone to Ole Miss conceivably.

I'd don't know when he was in school, but wasn't USM about half the cost of the plantation and State back in the day?

Coach34
10-13-2014, 09:29 PM
All I'm saying is that Freezus tells people that know us both that he covets the Georgia job. That's all I know.

As Hack has said- Slive doesnt want any SEC poaching- so I'm not worried about another SEC school hiring Mullen or Freezus away

Coach34
10-13-2014, 09:30 PM
I'd don't know when he was in school, but wasn't USM about half the cost of the plantation and State back in the day?

I seriously doubt it. Especially if Freezus had to have housing at USM. He wouldnt have had to have that for Ole Missus

JDog13
10-13-2014, 09:38 PM
I seriously doubt it. Especially if Freezus had to have housing at USM. He wouldnt have had to have that for Ole Missus

I've seen a picture of him in a baseball uniform. Did he play college ball?

CadaverDawg
10-13-2014, 09:47 PM

I've seen pictures of him in a "yell leader" uniform too....was he teh gay?*

CadaverDawg
10-13-2014, 09:49 PM
Only sports outfit freeze ever wore...

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3599/969/400/us03013b.jpg

IMissJack
10-13-2014, 10:59 PM
They are #3, why do you want him to stay?

Todd4State
10-13-2014, 11:08 PM

It looked like he played baseball at NW Mississippi CC.

sandwolf
10-13-2014, 11:37 PM
They are #3, why do you want him to stay?

Good question. I think he will stay for as long as they will have him, but I would love for him to leave. He is a hell of a recruiter and is plenty good enough as a coach to win big with the talent he is bringing in. His approach is definitely different than Mullen's, but it is proving to be effective.

West Houston Dog
10-14-2014, 07:51 AM
He is a season ticket holder and an influential alumnus of one of the big name schools here in Texas... they LOVE their head coach and are very happy with their offense. But they are unhappy with their defense. He mentioned the guy they are interested in...the DC at Ole Miss(didn't want to ask why not our DC!). No clue if real but he sure appeared serious......

Political Hack
10-14-2014, 08:04 AM
He is a season ticket holder and an influential alumnus of one of the big name schools here in Texas... they LOVE their head coach and are very happy with their offense. But they are unhappy with their defense. He mentioned the guy they are interested in...the DC at Ole Miss(didn't want to ask why not our DC!). No clue if real but he sure appeared serious......

Womack is pretty highly regarded. He'll get the chance to go to a big name school next year if he wants it (as a DC). I still don't think he's head coach material though. He's been around for 30 years or so, so I think he's found his niche.

Collins has a great shot to be a head guy, but not sure this is the year that will get him there. He'll get offers from big name schools too, but if he's aiming for a HC spot, he'd be better served to stick here where he knows he'll be successful again next year and have a better shot at a bigger school's HC spot.