PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting

NeshobaChuck
10-13-2014, 03:30 PM
What's the latest news on the #DawgFam15 class

preachermatt83
10-13-2014, 03:32 PM
not a lot of change as of now. we are hanging on to the class we have and getting some interest from a few others.

msstate7
10-13-2014, 03:37 PM
Realistic shot or not...

Daron Payne?
Javon Patterson?
Daryl Williams?

Are we still after Derrick graham after the Jung commitment?

How close is it with oklahoma for Gabriel Campbell?

Are we in danger of losing recruits currently?

What's best finish?

Realistic finish?

Jack Lambert
10-13-2014, 03:39 PM
we have 30 comitments, how many can we sign?

RossDawg82
10-13-2014, 03:42 PM

mic
10-13-2014, 03:54 PM
We can more than that.. Numbers will work out in the end..

ShotgunDawg
10-13-2014, 04:11 PM
Realistic shot or not...

Daron Payne? He's still waiting on a Bama offer, but I think we get a visit. I'll put this one at 25% chance
Javon Patterson? He said today that we are now even with Ole Miss and Auburn. Seems we've been fighting a good fight here, but it's been an up hill battle. My guess is we have 35% chance
Daryl Williams? Not sure

Are we still after Derrick graham after the Jung commitment? Not sure

How close is it with oklahoma for Gabriel Campbell? I think there is a 93.2348235% chance we get Campbell.

Are we in danger of losing recruits currently? Not that we know of.Peters is all in it appears

What's best finish? Leo actually does what he was telling everyone in the Junction Saturday that he is going to do. Patterson comes to his senses, there is no fall out with Campbell, Bama never offers Payne, Rankin decides he wants to be a Dawg.

Realistic finish? My guess is that we get Campbell, we get one of Lewis or Patterson, sign a JUCO O lineman (Rankin Danley, or someone else)

NM

ShotgunDawg
10-13-2014, 04:12 PM
we have 30 comitments, how many can we sign?

We have a few guys that won't qualify, but we don't know who they are yet. We will have over 32 commits

Covercorner2
10-13-2014, 04:20 PM
Bama hasn't offered Payne? What? He is the best player in Alabama...

Ifyouonlyknew
10-13-2014, 04:35 PM
Payne has had an offer from Bama for over a year & a top priority for them.

sandwolf
10-13-2014, 05:03 PM

You would damn sure think so.....but for whatever it is worth, Steve recently said that Bama feels like they can get him whenever they want and they are slow playing him right now while they wait to see what a couple of national guys do. That may be complete bullshit, but it sure would be nice if it were true and they overplayed their hand to the point that he got pissed off and wound up in Starkville.

defiantdog
10-13-2014, 05:12 PM
NM

Payne already has an offer from Bama, and he's going to Bama or Auburn (grew up an Auburn fan) unless we find a monetary reason to change his mind.

We have a few guys who are going to enroll early, which goes back to last seasons recruits.

Leo Lewis won't know where he's going until he signs the dotted line on NSD.

Patterson is OM bound

Rankin is most likely following Danley to OU

D. Williams is Auburn bound

Derrick Graham seems to be Arkansas bound

We are seriously pushing for Arthur McGinnis (OLB) and Deshawn Raymond (CB)

Gabriel Campbell will be a NSD decision between us and OM

ShotgunDawg
10-13-2014, 05:14 PM

The recruiting services are saying Payne doesn't have a "commitable offer" from Bama and that they are slow playing him. I find it crazy as well that Bama is slowing playing a 5 star player their state, but, if they know they can get him at any time, the. I guess they feel like they are playing their cards right to slow play him and wait to see how things pan out elsewhere.

defiantdog
10-13-2014, 05:15 PM
You would damn sure think so.....but for whatever it is worth, Steve recently said that Bama feels like they can get him whenever they want and they are slow playing him right now while they wait to see what a couple of national guys do. That may be complete bullshit, but it sure would be nice if it were true and they overplayed their hand to the point that he got pissed off and wound up in Starkville.

Bama isn't slow playing Payne. He's not a spotlight kid.... he's kind of like Leo. He avoids reporters and tries to stay away from interviews if possible.

ShotgunDawg
10-13-2014, 05:17 PM
Payne already has an offer from Bama, and he's going to Bama or Auburn (grew up an Auburn fan) unless we find a monetary reason to change his mind.

We have a few guys who are going to enroll early, which goes back to last seasons recruits.

Leo Lewis won't know where he's going until he signs the dotted line on NSD.

Patterson is OM bound

Rankin is most likely following Danley to OU

D. Williams is Auburn bound

Derrick Graham seems to be Arkansas bound

We are seriously pushing for Arthur McGinnis (OLB) and Deshawn Raymond (CB)

Gabriel Campbell will be a NSD decision between us and OM

I think it's fairly well known that Oklahoma is running 3rd for Rankin right now. Not sure where you got your info.

Campbell is most likely ours. Won't be a signing day decision. Again, not sure where you got that info.

Can't argue with the rest of what you said.

ShotgunDawg
10-13-2014, 05:18 PM
Bama isn't slow playing Payne. He's not a spotlight kid.... he's kind of like Leo. He avoids reporters and tries to stay away from interviews if possible.

Again, not sure where you got your info. This isn't what is being said by Paul and Rosebowl.