PDA

View Full Version : SEC QB changes for the 2nd half of the season??

justwin
10-13-2014, 02:31 PM
Here we are halfway through the season and there's still half the SEC teams unsettled @ QB. Seems higher than usual. Here's how I see it playing out.

Bama - I'm thinking the Blake Sims era is over. They just don't score points with him playing & he just threw up the INT to Golson for no reason a few weeks ago. Either the RBs are overrated or Coker is really awful. Seems like Sims is a safe bet & he's probably a good kid, but one particular play vs Arkansas stood out to me. 3rd and 6 for Bama late in the 4Q and Sims scrambles all over the field and gets 4 yards diving out of bounds. Gets up right in front of Kiffin and those two didn't even acknowledge one another. I wouldn't be surprised to see Coker being the starter for our game as I got a feeling that Coker is going to have a good game vs TXAM, Tenn, or LSU.

LSU - They need to go with Harris & they need to mix in some short swing/misdirection passes early in the game. Jennings doesn't even attempt to look downfield and he's very slow. I think LSU had 7 pass attempts vs UF in the 1H the other night. Thinking Les made a mistake pulling Harris vs Auburn and now he's back to square one. I'm hoping that Harris comes on vs KY and wins the game for them and takes over. Fournette seems like a bust considering he was the #1 player in the country while playing with Jennings. I know he got a bunch of rushes vs UF, but didn't really do anything spectacular. I'd argue that Chubbs & Hurd are better than Fournette. If LSU has any chance of beating OM, Bama, Ark, or TXAM they need to go with Harris sooner rather than later.

Florida - How bad is Muschamp with offense? He ran off Brissett over Driskell which was a bad mistake. He's had his AD pay top dollar each of the last several seasons for the best OC out there and still can't get it going. He needs to go with Harris and take his lumps despite Harris being a small guy. I can actually see Harris being the guy to lead them to wins over Mizzou and UGA as their defense is good enough and the UF RBs are good.

Vandy - I still don't understand why Robinette was the clear #1 from day one. Knew Mason was in over his head from seeing him wear a bowtie to media days & they need to replace him with an Offensive minded HC at the end of the season.

Tennessee - Got to hate it for Butch Jones going with Mr. Inconsistency, Worley. UT is sitting @ 3-3 with games vs OM, Bama, USC, KY, Missou, and Vandy. Just don't seem them winning 3 of those with Worley. They must be redshirting Dobbs. They do have 2 or 3 pretty good WRs though.

Jack Lambert
10-13-2014, 03:38 PM
Simms is the guy at Alabama unless he get's hurt. As far as Muschamp, it doesn't matter what he does he is gone.

Dawg61
10-13-2014, 04:10 PM
Lack of a top QB and an awful OL is going to be the death of Butch Jones. He's betting the farm that Dobbs will be the guy for the next three years and I think he'll be a bust. Peyton Manning U. hasn't had a top 6 SEC QB for many years now.

Johnson85
10-13-2014, 04:11 PM
Lack of a top QB and an awful OL is going to be the death of Butch Jones. He's betting the farm that Dobbs will be the guy for the next three years and I think he'll be a bust. Peyton Manning U. hasn't had a top 6 SEC QB for many years now.

How young is their OLine? I would think the future at UT is pretty bright considering they have an all new OL and DL this year and aren't terrible. Plus the SEC East is as weak as I ever remember it.

Dawg61
10-13-2014, 04:17 PM
How young is their OLine? I would think the future at UT is pretty bright considering they have an all new OL and DL this year and aren't terrible. Plus the SEC East is as weak as I ever remember it.

They have the worst OL in maybe all of college football. Young and shitty will still be shitty next two years and without an elite QB they're going to continue to struggle. I'm calling it now. Butch has two more years in knoxville tops.

hacker
10-14-2014, 12:54 AM
LSU - They need to go with Harris & they need to mix in some short swing/misdirection passes early in the game. Jennings doesn't even attempt to look downfield and he's very slow. I think LSU had 7 pass attempts vs UF in the 1H the other night. Thinking Les made a mistake pulling Harris vs Auburn and now he's back to square one. I'm hoping that Harris comes on vs KY and wins the game for them and takes over. Fournette seems like a bust considering he was the #1 player in the country while playing with Jennings. I know he got a bunch of rushes vs UF, but didn't really do anything spectacular. I'd argue that Chubbs & Hurd are better than Fournette. If LSU has any chance of beating OM, Bama, Ark, or TXAM they need to go with Harris sooner rather than later.

what.

the first game they actually feed him the ball he has 27 rushes for 140 yards and 2 td's against a pretty salty florida D. he is a beast.

Johnson85
10-14-2014, 08:03 AM
They have the worst OL in maybe all of college football. Young and shitty will still be shitty next two years and without an elite QB they're going to continue to struggle. I'm calling it now. Butch has two more years in knoxville tops.

That's pretty much wrong. We've had plenty of O-linemen that ended up pretty good that would have been shitty if they had to play as a true sophomore. A line full of players that are the equivalent of Blaine Clausell his Junior or senior year would be pretty good. I don't remember what Beckwith did as a sophomore, but I'm guessing the walkon from Benton Academy(?) probably wouldn't have looked to good as a true sophomore.

It's irrelevant if UT is playing a bunch of juniors and seniors that just sat the bench before, but if they are playing a lot of people with two and three years of eligibility after this year on the O-line, they'll likely make a pretty good jump moving forward if they are well coached and have a good S&C program.

Dawg61
10-14-2014, 09:43 AM
UT is starting 3 juniors and two freshman on the line. 2 deep is mostly freshman and soph. They are going to suck for two more years.