PDA

View Full Version : Tusk....

BogeyGolfer
10-13-2014, 11:55 AM
What's your thoughts on Bama? Do you think State is better than Bama at this point? Who do you think has more talent? Is this a change in college football where no longer can you play smash mouth? My thoughts on Bama involve your QB. Teams that can stuff the run and make Sims beat them will probably be successful. I think Auburn and State both have those type of defenses.... Not sure if you play UGA, but if you did, I think that would be a tough match up.

TUSK
10-13-2014, 01:02 PM
Great DL.... Everything else is digressing with injuries to drake, Kelly, sims, Jackson, cooper etc.

It seems that depriest isn't the Mosley/McClain we need... Collins doesn't have enuff help in the secondary (Jackson gimpy)...

From C to RT is struggling and hurt and undisciplined. Sims is good enough to win but has regeressed (injury?)

Overall, bama has more talent but MSU is playing much much better as a team.

I'll address more thoroughly later... I suck at phone-webbing.

Political Hack
10-13-2014, 01:11 PM
it's this simple. Bama has better players. State has a better team.

FlabLoser
10-13-2014, 01:30 PM
it's this simple. Bama has better players. State has a better team.

Similar argument with Rebs who say their #1 defense should make them #1. I tell them it's a team ranking.

basedog
10-13-2014, 01:35 PM
Not sure Bama has better talent. If you compare lineups we are pretty much better at most positions!

AROB44
10-13-2014, 01:37 PM
Not sure Bama has better talent. If you compare lineups we are pretty much better at most positions!

I agree, basedog !!

FlabLoser
10-13-2014, 01:41 PM
I wouldn't take Bama's DL, LBs, CBs, QB, or RB over what we have.

And the OL and WRs might be a push.

basedog
10-13-2014, 01:42 PM
Also we are much better on offense and as for as defense I know we are better with our depth on defense! Kiffen has destroyed what Bama does best and that is run the ball, it should be interested to see how Saban handles this after the season!

thf24
10-13-2014, 01:44 PM
Also we are much better on offense and as for as defense I know we are better with our depth on defense! Kiffen has destroyed what Bama does best and that is run the ball, it should be interested to see how Saban handles this after the season!

Bringing in Kiffin was a serious error in judgement on Saban's part. Makes me wonder if he's losing his touch just a little bit.

WeWonItAll(Most)
10-13-2014, 01:45 PM
I wouldn't take Bama's DL, LBs, CBs, QB, or RB over what we have.

And the OL and WRs might be a push.
I'd take Amari Cooper any day of the week

UMCDawg16
10-13-2014, 01:57 PM

You sure about that?*******

ScoobaDawg
10-13-2014, 02:05 PM
Overall, bama has more STARS but MSU is playing much much better as a team.

Fixed it for you. Stars dont equal talent always as everyone is finding out with this team.

defiantdog
10-13-2014, 03:22 PM
Alabama is missing leadership on both sides of the ball. They have the talent and skill, but they don't have that one player on offense and defense that pushes them. We have Dak on offense and B. Brown, R. Brown, and McKinney on defense (B. Brown has been doing an amazing job at positioning the safeties and R. Brown and McKinney have positioned the DLine to perfection this year).

Jack Lambert
10-13-2014, 03:23 PM
Alabama has more talent but State is a better team. Bama's problem is the lackof a good QB which is amazing to me since they can get any highschool they want.

FlabLoser
10-13-2014, 03:52 PM

I would too. But are their starting 3 better than our staring 3 (assume J-Lew is healthy)?

TUSK
10-13-2014, 05:14 PM
to cut the chase, I'd want the following in no particular order:

1) C - Day (C depending on Kelly's health)
2) LG - Beckwith (RG)
3) your best remaining run blocker (RT)
4) QB - Dak (QB)
5) WR - Bear (#2 WR)
6) Jack - BMac (Jack LB or MLB and move Depriest to SLB)
7) LB - Wells (LB rotation depending on down & distance)
8) DL - Preston Smith (DE rotation)
9) DL - C Jones (NT rotation)
10) DB - Redmond (Star/Nickel)

HoopsDawg
10-13-2014, 05:39 PM
to cut the chase, I'd want the following in no particular order:

1) C - Day (C depending on Kelly's health)
2) LG - Beckwith (RG)
3) your best remaining run blocker (RT)
4) QB - Dak (QB)
5) WR - Bear (#2 WR)
6) Jack - BMac (Jack LB or MLB and move Depriest to SLB)
7) LB - Wells (LB rotation depending on down & distance)
8) DL - Preston Smith (DE rotation)
9) DL - C Jones (NT rotation)
10) DB - Redmond (Star/Nickel)

And I would take in order:

1. Amari Cooper
2. A'Shawn Robinson
3. Landon Collins
4. Cam Robinson
5. Derek Henry (to backup J-Rob)

TUSK
10-13-2014, 06:04 PM
And I would take in order:

1. Amari Cooper
2. A'Shawn Robinson
3. Landon Collins
4. Cam Robinson
5. Derek Henry (to backup J-Rob)

I see what you did there:)

what about Arie K (LG) or Howard (TE)...

HoopsDawg
10-13-2014, 06:43 PM
I see what you did there:)

what about Arie K (LG) or Howard (TE)...

I'm going to roll with Justin Malone at LG and Malcom Johnson at TE. Although Howard would have a lot more catches in our system.

JDog13
10-13-2014, 07:02 PM
Damn I can't believe I'm fixing to say this.

Everyone likes to make fun of Kiffin. Kiffin is a great offensive mind, and he is a great recruiter. I don't know if the problem is the working relationship with him and Saban, or if the personnel isn't used to the style of O Kiffin brings. I loved Tyler Russell. I was one of the assholes screaming to put Tyler in for Relf. The offense looked totally different after Tyler got hurt and Dak stepped up. I think that made me finally admit that Tyler wasn't a great fit in Mullen's system. Maybe that's the issue at the bammer's house.

TUSK
10-13-2014, 07:19 PM
Damn I can't believe I'm fixing to say this.

Everyone likes to make fun of Kiffin. Kiffin is a great offensive mind, and he is a great recruiter. I don't know if the problem is the working relationship with him and Saban, or if the personnel isn't used to the style of O Kiffin brings. I loved Tyler Russell. I was one of the assholes screaming to put Tyler in for Relf. The offense looked totally different after Tyler got hurt and Dak stepped up. I think that made me finally admit that Tyler wasn't a great fit in Mullen's system. Maybe that's the issue at the bammer's house.

I think Bama will be fine with Kiffin... and I do not believe there is any rift between him and My Dark Lord.

Bama's just not playing very well, has had a lot of critical injuries, and can't frickin' field a punt....

If they can get some people healed up and get into a groove (much like MSU has going), they will contend for a playoff spot...

If they continue to flop around like they are now, they'll go 11-2 or 10-3...