PDA

View Full Version : Battle Bells?

lefty96
10-13-2014, 09:42 AM
Has anyone plunked down the cheese for one of these? I'm curious, but they are mighty proud of them.

TheRef
10-13-2014, 09:51 AM
Best. Cowbell. Ever....loudest cowbell I've heard, nice wood handle, sturdy as anything. If you can afford it, you'll love it.

Tbonewannabe
10-13-2014, 09:53 AM
I got one Christmas. Very well made and is almost twice as loud compared to my other bell. It is a little bit bigger though.

Tbonewannabe
10-13-2014, 09:55 AM
Now I think they do engraving on them. I was thinking about sending mine in to get something on it.

thedawg
10-13-2014, 10:06 AM
They are awesome... Mine is always then the center of conversation.. People look at me crazy when I tell them what I paid but I think u get what u pay for... I have torn up one of the old school bells.. I don't think it's possible to tear up a battle bell... And they are so loud.. Ridiculously loud

chainedup_Dawg
10-13-2014, 10:10 AM
My Dad recently got one. Last week against A&M I could clearly tell my old bell was louder than any around/near me. His Battle Bell is BY FAR louder than mine and a lot lighter too. The flame torched one is awesome.

FatDrunkandStupidDawg
10-13-2014, 11:47 AM
Basically what everyone else has said... I love mine and without fail when I ring it the first time people turn around and look at me with a mixture of amazement and terror at how loud it is!I'm considering handing out ear plugs at the next game....

Dawgbite
10-13-2014, 11:55 AM
I have one and its loud as crap. the wood handle is nice but it is threaded and constantly has to be tightened, a little Loc tite will fix it but I generally don't think about it until I am in the stands. The lady in front of me had hers crack at the weld this weekend, I assume they will fix it. The edges around the bottom on mine were sharp as heck, nothing a file wouldn't fix but for the price, I expect better.

dickiedawg
10-13-2014, 01:40 PM
I have one and its loud as crap. the wood handle is nice but it is threaded and constantly has to be tightened, a little Loc tite will fix it but I generally don't think about it until I am in the stands. The lady in front of me had hers crack at the weld this weekend, I assume they will fix it. The edges around the bottom on mine were sharp as heck, nothing a file wouldn't fix but for the price, I expect better.

Mine cracked at the aTm game. I also noticed indentions where the clapper hits the side of the bell. Thanks for reminding me, I need to call them and see what they can do.

Before that, I was completely in love with it. Before I got it, my dad's 1969 model was about the loudest I'd heard and this thing is considerably louder. Dad and my wife both say it's "almost too loud". This is the original, larger model as they now have a smaller version.

lefty96
10-13-2014, 01:43 PM
I also noticed indentions where the clapper hits the side of the bell.

That's kind of a let down - I mean that's what the ones from the bookstore do. I have an older big bell(circa 1993) that I had my years at school that is fine and a newer one from the bookstore that has dents.

bgover4
10-13-2014, 02:01 PM
Yeah the older bells seem to be holding up good. I don't know exactly when but at some point they changed the metal and now all of the ones from the book store will warp around the clanger.

huffy
10-14-2014, 07:46 AM
I don't know much about the Battle Bells, but I somehow lost my Bully Bell. So I grabbed one at Walmart because we were in a hurry for the game... BIGGEST piece of garbage I've ever seen.

The clanger constantly gets stuck and it's a huge pain in the ass.

Dawgtini
10-14-2014, 09:21 AM
Yeah the older bells seem to be holding up good. I don't know exactly when but at some point they changed the metal and now all of the ones from the book store will warp around the clanger.

Chinese steel.

Political Hack
10-14-2014, 09:22 AM
link?

lefty96
10-14-2014, 09:26 AM
link?

http://www.battlebells.com/

DownwardDawg
10-14-2014, 09:31 AM
Best bell ever. Mine has my name engraved on one side.

lefty96
10-14-2014, 09:33 AM
Best bell ever. Mine has my name engraved on one side.

I assume the original 11" is the way to go? I got out my old bell I got the day I moved on to campus yesterday, it is easily 3x louder than the one I bought a few years ago - I just hate bringing it to games anymore. I've kept up with it for 20 years, I'd hate to lose it.

sayit
10-02-2015, 04:08 PM
I'm pro cowbell but these things do not help our case for keeping cowbells legal at games. After sitting beside a Battle Bell during the LSU game, I'd be willing to give my normal bell up to be able to watch the game without holding my ear. They should be banned from the stadium...they are not what the tradition is about.

War Machine Dawg
10-02-2015, 05:37 PM
Ditto what all the others have said here. The Battle Bells are awesome and you'll love it. Got mine for Christmas last year. Dawgbite is spot on about the handle needing to be re-tightened frequently, but I learned that if I hold it a little higher up on the handle that isn't an issue. Well worth the price. Retire your old bell and display it proudly. Battle Bell is the way to go.

War Machine Dawg
10-02-2015, 05:38 PM
I'm pro cowbell but these things do not help our case for keeping cowbells legal at games. After sitting beside a Battle Bell during the LSU game, I'd be willing to give my normal bell up to be able to watch the game without holding my ear. They should be banned from the stadium...they are not what the tradition is about.

http://i.imgur.com/dE14NDo.gif

Coach34
10-02-2015, 05:47 PM
We have a poster that makes bells also- Hells Bells

Dallas_Dawg
10-02-2015, 06:08 PM
I got one of the cheap Lodge bells for Christmas the year of the Croom Liberty Bowl.
I rang the shit out of that thing and sometime in the fourth quarter the bell came flying out. I'm pretty sure somebody got a knot on their head from it but there was no way for me know where it ended up.
The last time I carried a bell to a game by the way...

KB21
10-02-2015, 06:20 PM
They also have a leather holster for this bell.

msstate7
10-02-2015, 06:25 PM
We have a poster that makes bells also- Hells Bells

I own one. I love it too

DownwardDawg
10-02-2015, 08:49 PM

Haha. Nice!

BrunswickDawg
10-02-2015, 10:14 PM
I got one of the cheap Lodge bells for Christmas the year of the Croom Liberty Bowl.
I rang the shit out of that thing and sometime in the fourth quarter the bell came flying out. I'm pretty sure somebody got a knot on their head from it but there was no way for me know where it ended up.
The last time I carried a bell to a game by the way...
I've turned pelting someone with my clacker into a tradition - '92 Peach Bowl, '99 Peach, '11 Gator, '14 AU all saw launched clackers. 3-1 record when it happens.

dickiedawg
10-03-2015, 08:10 AM
My battle bell also cracked. My wife hates the thing because it's so freaking loud.

I can't STAND to ring a normal bell anymore- the clapper sticks constantly.

By the by, the book mart had some cheap unpainted bells to get in on the fad the other day. Looked pretty cool but I just know they're garbage.

State82
10-03-2015, 08:21 AM

What WMD said.

DeltaDawg
10-03-2015, 08:43 AM
I have one and love it. If everyone in the stadium had one we would have to wear ear plugs.

archdog
10-03-2015, 08:45 AM
I don't know much about the Battle Bells, but I somehow lost my Bully Bell. So I grabbed one at Walmart because we were in a hurry for the game... BIGGEST piece of garbage I've ever seen.

My wife bought me one of the large chrome bells for my 30th. Love it but the welds from the handle are coming loose and are very sharp. The clanger too gets stuck any time I ring it vertically.

I will buy a battle bell sometime this season to replace it.

archdog
10-03-2015, 08:56 AM

My wife bought me one of the large chrome bells for my 30th. Love it but the welds from the handle are coming loose and are very sharp. The clanger too gets stuck any time I ring it vertically.

I will buy a battle bell sometime this season to replace it.

Billy Ray Valentine
10-03-2015, 03:19 PM
Best bell I ever had. Lightweight and rings loud