PDA

View Full Version : The Salt over Cowbells is So Real

TheRef
10-13-2014, 08:46 AM
I mean...just look at these opposing fans and their comments concerning the cowbell. Georgia fans are saying they should be banned based on games a couple of years ago.

http://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/2j30m7/do_msst_fans_truly_respect_the_bell/

ShotgunDawg
10-13-2014, 08:48 AM
They had no factor in the game Saturday. Our crowd didn't ring them when the center was over the ball. It's a baseless argument.

ckDOG
10-13-2014, 08:54 AM
The complainers should explain our historically dismal record while ringing cowbells. They didn't show up 2 weeks ago. Kiss my ass, haters.

ShotgunDawg
10-13-2014, 09:02 AM
The problem with the cowbell issue is that it's difficult to separate the people or schools that have real complaints from people or schools that are just butt hurt that they lost.

mic
10-13-2014, 09:10 AM
6-0 #1 in country.. Cowbells should be banned .
3-3 fighting for a 6 win season. What are cowbells..?

Liverpooldawg
10-13-2014, 09:16 AM
If they ban the bells our stadium is going to get louder. It was noticeably louder when people put the bells down and we did this week) and yelled.

Political Hack
10-13-2014, 09:19 AM
If they ban the bells our stadium is going to get louder. It was noticeably louder when people put the bells down and we did this week) and yelled.

I was actually half way in favor of a ban several years ago because of this, but it's an icon of MSU football. The stadium would be louder during play, but it would hurt the overall atmosphere.

DawgHouseUnited
10-13-2014, 09:21 AM
I think I've posted this one before, but it's just too fitting...

http://i.imgur.com/LGnKyHo.jpg

BrunswickDawg
10-13-2014, 09:45 AM
The best thing that could have ever happened for us keeping cowbells was this Saturday. The way they were used, and not used, and the publicity we are getting for the tradition, etc. makes everyone criticizing it look like a bunch of whinny bitches. You can have my cowbell when you pry it from my cold, dead hand!

LC Dawg
10-13-2014, 09:46 AM
Mike Slive does not punish SEC elite. We are now SEC elite. I'm curious to see how Slive handles the complaints. I know the schools vote on this but don't for a minute think the SEC is a democracy.

Political Hack
10-13-2014, 09:50 AM
Mike Slive does not punish SEC elite. We are now SEC elite. I'm curious to see how Slive handles the complaints. I know the schools vote on this but don't for a minute think the SEC is a democracy.

this is a vote because we did not have the gonads to push for a permanent vote. When A&M and Mizzu were coming into the conference, we could've secured their votes. Could've gotten Florida with an agreement to never vote yes on FSU. Could've gotten Georgia and Auburn with an agree my to keep the permanent east opponent. Same with UK (and not allowing Louisville). With our vote, that would've put us one away from having perma-bell. But we have not political savvy and no gonads sometimes. The stars had aligned with a lot of people asking for a lot of things during expansion and we did not capitalize on it.

ScoobaDawg
10-13-2014, 12:03 PM
I was actually half way in favor of a ban several years ago because of this, but it's an icon of MSU football. The stadium would be louder during play, but it would hurt the overall atmosphere.

I love my cowbell and know exactly where you are coming from. For years the cowbell was our crutch as a crowd. Now people actually CHEER and ring and continue cheering. AMAZING