PDA

View Full Version : I know its fun to look down the road at the possibilities for this season,

RC3
10-13-2014, 08:01 AM
what we are ranked, what if are a one loss team and playing in the sec champ game, etc.

We as a fanbase need to focus on Kentucky. going up there and playing a team on the rise is going to be a challenge. I want our team to be focused as well. All this speculation and warm fuzzy feelings will go away if we lose up there. This has to be our entire focus starting today. Saturday and Sunday were great, and we should be proud. Hell I am wearing a maroon tie to work today, but starting today, i will only discuss with others the pending game at kentucky. lets get our minds right. #hailstate

Really Clark?
10-13-2014, 08:18 AM
Sure thing Mr. Moxon.

Political Hack
10-13-2014, 08:23 AM
we need to take a week to clean little things up and them focus on UK starting later this week.

RC3
10-13-2014, 08:30 AM
we need to take a week to clean little things up and them focus on UK starting later this week.

agree. and i think that is what the focus will be.

BeastMan
10-13-2014, 08:30 AM
We, as a fanbase, don't need to focus on Kentucky. The players & coaches do and they will. Fans have no bearing on overlooking an opponent. Kentucky is better but the East is awful this year.

ShotgunDawg
10-13-2014, 08:32 AM

This

If we played Kentucky this week, I would completely agree, but we don't. We have a week off and weeks off can be just as helpful mentally as they are physically.

I don't want our players getting completely focused on Kentucky till a few days from now, I want them to vege out for a few days, clear the head, and recharge the batteries. We have no more off weeks on our schedule following this one.

We have great leadership and we will be fine. The fans don't need to stress out and get paranoid if this team relaxes a little bit this week.

codeDawg
10-13-2014, 08:49 AM
We, as a fan base, need to just enjoy the shit out of being #1 this week. We're likely to lose it next week with FSU and ND playing. UM will be here at some point. The top 4 is just going to move around until the end. Being a human poll, it's going to be affected by bias, motivations, emotion, and other illogical elements.

Enjoy it. This is our time.

shoeless joe
10-13-2014, 09:09 AM
How I feel about the game has zero affect on the game itself. Hell I was thinkin about beer and chicken wings on the grill during one of the timeouts Saturday...guess it's my fault we gave up that last field goal

I seen it dawg
10-13-2014, 12:27 PM
Kentucky is the only trap game on our schedule

MarketingBully01
10-13-2014, 12:36 PM
Kentucky is the only trap game on our schedule

How is Kentucky a trap game? We have a bye before it. Would have been different if we played at Kentucky between A&M and Auburn. A trap game is one where there is a possibility to look ahead. The next game is Arkansas at home. Who would we be looking ahead to except focusing on Kentucky? Once LSU and us get done with them, they will be 5-3. We will beat Kentucky 38-17. I think we beat them by three scores. They are improved but this is our year.

I seen it dawg
10-13-2014, 12:43 PM
How is Kentucky a trap game? We have a bye before it. Would have been different if we played at Kentucky between A&M and Auburn. A trap game is one where there is a possibility to look ahead. The next game is Arkansas at home. Who would we be looking ahead to except focusing on Kentucky? Once LSU and us get done with them, they will be 5-3. We will beat Kentucky 38-17. I think we beat them by three scores. They are improved but this is our year.

It's a trap because it's on the road in a shitty place to play with usually shitty weather at night and this year they are the best they have been in a long time with a 2:30 game and they will be trying to knock off the best team in the country. I've been saying all year we are the best tam in the country and would win the whole thing. We won't look ahead to anyone. We will rout ky. All I'm saying is the only potential trap is this game because of the way our schedule sets up. Go pick an argument somewhere else.

JDog13
10-13-2014, 12:46 PM
I'm getting my mind right. I'm focusing. I don't want to miss any of my assignments in the stands.

DudyDawg
10-13-2014, 01:03 PM
I can't call it a trap game just bc we are number one team and playing on the road. That doesn't make it a trap game, that just makes it a game. Trap would mean something is coming where we over look them and "fall into the trap". If we played bama the week after, then it's a trap game. We don't though, and it's just a game where a bad team is looking for an upset

RC3
10-13-2014, 01:07 PM
this is one that i was concerned about early on. we will need to play our A game to ensure a victory

AlmostPositive
10-13-2014, 01:20 PM
Use one week to prepare for Kentucky as you normally would; use most of the other to prepare for Alabama and Ole Miss. Kentucky is better than last year, but they are still a lower tier SEC team.

DudyDawg
10-13-2014, 01:27 PM
Yes, prepare for games four weeks away, not this one. Smart. Get the early jump!!!

AlmostPositive
10-13-2014, 01:50 PM
Yes, prepare for games four weeks away, not this one. Smart. Get the early jump!!!

Do you seriously think all games merit equal prep time?

PMDawg
10-13-2014, 02:36 PM
what we are ranked, what if are a one loss team and playing in the sec champ game, etc.

We as a fanbase need to focus on Kentucky. going up there and playing a team on the rise is going to be a challenge. I want our team to be focused as well. All this speculation and warm fuzzy feelings will go away if we lose up there. This has to be our entire focus starting today. Saturday and Sunday were great, and we should be proud. Hell I am wearing a maroon tie to work today, but starting today, i will only discuss with others the pending game at kentucky. lets get our minds right. #hailstate

I am always amazed by just how many people actually think the mindset of the fanbase affects the outcome of a game. I can assure you, whether you and I "focus on Kentucky" or focus on the women's badminton championship means nothing to the team.

DudyDawg
10-13-2014, 02:51 PM
Do you seriously think all games merit equal prep time?

Not necessarily, but do you honestly believe tht we need our players spending time watching film and learning schemes for a team we play in a month? If you lose to Kentucky and arkansas it doesn't much matter if you beat bama

Tdawg
10-13-2014, 04:09 PM
We, as a fanbase, don't need to focus on Kentucky. The players & coaches do and they will. Fans have no bearing on overlooking an opponent. Kentucky is better but the East is awful this year.

exactly. It is our job to look ahead, get excited, wonder what might be, hypothesize about things that will probably never happen and predict the outcome of games with ridiculously ppor accuracy. It is the players job to focus on the task at hand. Not ours.