PDA

View Full Version : SB nation now saying we should make the playoffs as only a 10 win team

starkvegasdawg
10-13-2014, 06:58 AM
Not sure I believe that but nice to know somebody thinks so.

Coach34
10-13-2014, 07:00 AM
It's gonna take 11-1 at worst with the loss coming @Bammmer or @Ole Missus

BogeyGolfer
10-13-2014, 07:03 AM
People are going to want to see the Heisman front runner/winner in the playoffs so yes, if we are 11-1 we will make it.

MetEdDawg
10-13-2014, 07:21 AM
To me the only question left is will 11-2 make it? If we make it to Atlanta and lose to a UGA after losing late in the regular season to either Bama or OM, are we still in the playoff?

I don't think the committee would put a team we beat ahead of us just because we lose a conference championship game and had two losses, but I could be wrong because no one really knows how this is going to play out with the selection committee.

That scenario is what scares the hell out of me. If we go 11-1 and get beat on a tie breaker and miss the conference championship game then subsequently miss the playoff then tough titties. Hell of a season and take your stage in an extremely significant bowl game and I'm more than happy. But you make it to Atlanta after being 11-1, take a loss there against likely another Top 10 team in UGA (in virtually a home game for them) and have two losses and get left out of the playoff after coming through the hardest division in any sport? That would really piss me off.

Johnson85
10-13-2014, 08:01 AM
To me the only question left is will 11-2 make it? If we make it to Atlanta and lose to a UGA after losing late in the regular season to either Bama or OM, are we still in the playoff?

I don't think the committee would put a team we beat ahead of us just because we lose a conference championship game and had two losses, but I could be wrong because no one really knows how this is going to play out with the selection committee.

That scenario is what scares the hell out of me. If we go 11-1 and get beat on a tie breaker and miss the conference championship game then subsequently miss the playoff then tough titties. Hell of a season and take your stage in an extremely significant bowl game and I'm more than happy. But you make it to Atlanta after being 11-1, take a loss there against likely another Top 10 team in UGA (in virtually a home game for them) and have two losses and get left out of the playoff after coming through the hardest division in any sport? That would really piss me off.

If lose in the SEC CG and end up 11-2, and there is an 11-1 SECW team, we are out. The SEC champion will make it. Then either the 11-1 team will make it or we'll end up with only one SEC team in the championship.

godlluB
10-13-2014, 08:40 AM
Anybody with a loss to an SEC East team this year doesn't deserve to be there.

Political Hack
10-13-2014, 08:42 AM
Anybody with a loss to an SEC East team this year doesn't deserve to be there.

hate to agree, but I agree.

SECW champ is very unlikely to lose to the East team. We're an absolute match up nightmare for UGA. Tenn would give us more problems than UGA IMO.