PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead Premier

FlabLoser
10-12-2014, 11:15 PM
GREAT episode. This was as good as one of the better episodes for a whole season and it was just a premier.

SPOILERS.....

I was surprised that Terminus was dealt with this season in just one episodes. I thought maybe the whole season or at least several episodes would be about Terminus. Wow. Maybe some Terminus characters aren't done yet. But a lot was dished out tonight.

FlabLoser
10-12-2014, 11:30 PM
MORE SPOILERS....

Watching The Talking Dead now...

The producers are saying that in the books, any Terminus visitors who were weak would be immediately turned into food. Terminus visitors who were strong would be fed for a while and eventually a pitch would be made to make them residents who understood they were eating people. A negative response would turn the stronger ones into food, while a positive response would make Terminus larger.

That would have made for some good episodes or even a season. I'm surprised the show didn't run with that.

I have no idea where this season is headed (don't spoil it).

Johnson85
10-13-2014, 09:21 AM
I was surprised that Terminus was dealt with this season in just one episodes. I thought maybe the whole season or at least several episodes would be about Terminus. Wow. Maybe some Terminus characters aren't done yet. But a lot was dished out tonight.

Spoilers...

I'm not surprised they dealt with Terminus in one episode. Having multiple episodes with the main characters locked up would have been brutal tv. And having them participate in Terminus to have some freedom before they broke away would have been too limiting to the character's story arcs. can't have them eat people and then continue to have the show focused on hwo they keep their humanity. At that point thte show would just be about surviving zombies.

As far as Terminus characters coming back later, I'm guessing Tyrese didn't kill the guy in the house. Beat the crap out of him and told Carol he killed him because he didn't want her to go finish the job. That could be a character that comes back.

Overall really liked the episode. The only part I didn't liek was I didn't figure out what the hell the THEN v. NOW scenes were about until the end. I couldn't tell who the people in the cart were. Maybe that was intentional but it was extremely confusing and distracting throughout the show.

FlabLoser
10-13-2014, 11:38 AM
Only THEN guy I recognized was Garrett(?), the Terminus leader.

None of that Then/Now stuff made sense to me until the director explained it on The Talking Dead. I thought that was handled poorly. They should have spent a few more minutes on that.

Johnson85
10-13-2014, 12:55 PM

None of that Then/Now stuff made sense to me until the director explained it on The Talking Dead. I thought that was handled poorly. They should have spent a few more minutes on that.

After the lady Carol knee capped explained how Terminus started and how it evolved, and then they showed the last "THEN" scene, I recognized the Terminus leader and understood what the THEN scenes were. Did the director say they wanted the viewers to be confused until then? Because if you were supposed to be able to tell before that point what the NOW and THEN scenes were about, they screwed it up.

Political Hack
10-13-2014, 08:29 PM
the last the terminus leader was talking to was the lady that Carol knee capped and let the walkers in on her.

great episode. I'm not sure terminus is dealt with. They are still alive and Rick's plans will change depending on 1) Judith and 2) seeking the cure (getting to DC). Personally I think a trip to DC would be much more entertaining than another prison-esq battle for territory. The show has done that, twice, with the Governor vs Rick. I think a large group traveling together could be logistically interesting.

Johnson85
10-14-2014, 09:35 AM
Personally I think a trip to DC would be much more entertaining than another prison-esq battle for territory. The show has done that, twice, with the Governor vs Rick. I think a large group traveling together could be logistically interesting.

I think that won't happen yet for two reasons: One, it could be difficult to film. With the battles for territory, they have a primary filming location. Not sure if it's really hard to go find a handful of places to film for each episode, but surely it's easier to have the bulk of each episode shot in the same place each season. Two, I'm guessing they don't want to get too far ahead of the timeline in the comics. There are enough differences that they can completely diverge if they have to when the series catches up, but I'm guessing they want to delay that as long as possible to the extent they can do so without causing the tv show to drag too much.

I agree with you thought that I hope it happens. I think they have some real challenges coming up for the TV series if they follow the comics. I wasn't a big fan of a lot of the episodes on Hershel's farm, and I think the community outside DC will be similarly brutal TV.

Intramural All-American
10-15-2014, 12:33 AM
2 things: Very interested to see what the DC crew has to share with the old crew that they said it wasn't time for yet. And I'm very interested to see Morgan's role and timeline. He has always been that character in the back of my mind.

jumbo
10-15-2014, 10:57 AM
the show is much better when they are on the road, it got stagnant when they were on the farm in S2

Johnson85
10-15-2014, 12:08 PM
2 things: Very interested to see what the DC crew has to share with the old crew that they said it wasn't time for yet. And I'm very interested to see Morgan's role and timeline. He has always been that character in the back of my mind.

Spoiler Based on the Comic:

The 'cure' guy is basically an ex highschool science teacher and is full of shit. This is known by the guy and girl of the DC crew, but they ignore it because having a "Mission", even if it's a fake one, let's them focus on something that keeps them going.

DudyDawg
10-16-2014, 08:24 AM
Did anyone else think when the explosion happened (carols firework to the gas) that it was the governors tank? I thought for a split second that it was.

Great episode other than that, and gareth was shot in the arm and lived if I remember correctly, so I doubt he's done. They spent a decent amount of time with his back story and showing you the type of guy he is to just kill him off. I think he'll be back

jumbo
10-16-2014, 09:45 AM
Gareth will definitely be back. From the trailer it seems that he joins the trip to DC, which makes 0 sense that the group would let him "join up" with them, but I'll wait and see how it plays out

Tbonewannabe
10-17-2014, 11:47 AM
Spoiler Based on the Comic:

The 'cure' guy is basically an ex highschool science teacher and is full of shit. This is known by the guy and girl of the DC crew, but they ignore it because having a "Mission", even if it's a fake one, let's them focus on something that keeps them going.

I was thinking he would end up being the janitor for some kind of biological weapons research location. I have thought he was full of shit because he is so secretive about the "cure".

Tbonewannabe
10-17-2014, 11:49 AM

Maybe it is purely from watching Lost but I picked up on it pretty quick. I didn't realize the guy they freed in the container was the rapey guy from the flashbacks until it was mentioned on either Talking Dead or an article I read.

Tbonewannabe
10-17-2014, 11:53 AM
I think that won't happen yet for two reasons: One, it could be difficult to film. With the battles for territory, they have a primary filming location. Not sure if it's really hard to go find a handful of places to film for each episode, but surely it's easier to have the bulk of each episode shot in the same place each season. Two, I'm guessing they don't want to get too far ahead of the timeline in the comics. There are enough differences that they can completely diverge if they have to when the series catches up, but I'm guessing they want to delay that as long as possible to the extent they can do so without causing the tv show to drag too much.

I agree with you thought that I hope it happens. I think they have some real challenges coming up for the TV series if they follow the comics. I wasn't a big fan of a lot of the episodes on Hershel's farm, and I think the community outside DC will be similarly brutal TV.

Robert Kirkman has said the show doesn't necessarily follow the comics. He likes that they are different. They throw easter eggs into the show like when Rosalita, army dude, and mullet scientist showed up and posed like the cover of the comic. Not sure how close they will actually stay with the comic.

War Machine Dawg
10-17-2014, 01:11 PM
Robert Kirkman has said the show doesn't necessarily follow the comics. He likes that they are different. They throw easter eggs into the show like when Rosalita, army dude, and mullet scientist showed up and posed like the cover of the comic. Not sure how close they will actually stay with the comic.

As you said, they like the show being different from the comics. In fact, they've openly said they make changes so the comic readers are surprised by the TV show. It loosely follows the arc, but characters can have greater or lesser impacts, live longer or shorter, etc. Andrea is a perfect example, actually. She's one of the longest living survivors in the comics, but they killed her off relatively quickly in the TV show. Basically, it will follow the travel path of the comics (Atlanta -> Farm -> Prison -> Terminus -> DC -> Wherever next) but the "how" they get to the various locations and the "who" gets to the various locations changes.

Tbonewannabe
10-17-2014, 01:18 PM
I was thinking of getting the Compendiums which is all the comics in 2 books. Anyone read the comics and think it is worth buying? I love the show and just wanted a different take on somethings.

Also, how does everyone think they will do the 2nd show if that starts up? Will it be a different location like Los Angeles or different time like before the outbreak?

mstatefan91
10-19-2014, 11:55 PM
I was a little bit underwhelmed by tonight's episode to be honest. It felt slow. It was made blatantly obvious that Bob was about to get screwed by the way his character was portrayed as the happy man in love the whole episode.

Also pretty sure that Bob had been bitten earlier by the way he was acting after they got back to the church.

Johnson85
10-20-2014, 08:18 AM
I was a little bit underwhelmed by tonight's episode to be honest. It felt slow. It was made blatantly obvious that Bob was about to get screwed by the way his character was portrayed as the happy man in love the whole episode.

It was definitely slow. I don't think there's anyway to avoid these types of episodes though. Have to do some things to set up action for later and also to avoid it being simply people running around stabbing/shooting zombies for 45 minutes each week.

Also pretty sure that Bob had been bitten earlier by the way he was acting after they got back to the church.

Yeah, the foreshadwoing on that was a little too obvious. But if they hadn't done it like that I guess viewers would have been wondering why in the hell he was out in teh woods crying and thought the writers took a shortcut and had him doing something nonsensical just to create an opportunity for him to be kidnapped.

jumbo
10-20-2014, 09:50 AM

Hard not to have a "let down" after the first episode. I feel/felt the same way about Bob. He had to have gotten bit.

I'm also thinking that the preacher is the one making the marks on the trees and has some sort of deal worked out with the Terminus group.

chainedup_Dawg
10-22-2014, 08:53 AM
This is from the Hollywood Reporter, regarding Bob;

"It's a scene nearly straight out of Robert Kirkman's comic series, where Dale is the one who loses his leg to the Hunters. Dale, however, had the last laugh, as the Hunters were eating his leg after he'd already been bitten by a walker and had left the group to die on his own."

I was thinking Bob had gotten bit also. If you watch him, he's almost limping, stumbling around the church like he is beginning to get sick.

chainedup_Dawg
10-22-2014, 09:14 AM
I also saw this in the comments below the same article. I thought it was a very interesting theory;

"Holy crap!! It all finally makes sense. Bob was a Terminus recruiter all along. That is why he was crying because he finally found a group he liked and he feels guilty for what he did. That is why Bob was last in the line to be killed at Terminus because he worked for them and he wasn't going to be killed. He was going to be set free to go get others to come back to Terminus. That's why Bob said once that he was the only survivor of two different groups, yeah, because he led both groups to their slaughter. That is why Bob has a drinking problem...guilty conscience anyone? That is why he tried to stop Gareth from killing them all by saying you don't have to do this...he was making a personal plea to his boss but it wasn't going to work.. That is why Gareth used Bob's name so many times at the bob-b-que because they knew each other."

And then at the Bob-b-que, Gareth says to Bob, "It's ironic that it's you"...hmm, makes you think

jumbo
10-22-2014, 09:47 AM
Interesting theory about Bob being a recruiter. I was thinking the preacher was the one who had some sort of agreement with them, but Bob could make sense.

chainedup_Dawg
10-22-2014, 10:08 AM
No, it was the two guys we don't know, Glenn, Daryl, Rick, then Bob

chainedup_Dawg
10-22-2014, 10:09 AM
And I agree about the Preacher, I think he regrets it but I think he has traded being protected for providing them with "food"

Johnson85
10-22-2014, 11:17 AM
I also saw this in the comments below the same article. I thought it was a very interesting theory;

"Holy crap!! It all finally makes sense. Bob was a Terminus recruiter all along. That is why he was crying because he finally found a group he liked and he feels guilty for what he did. That is why Bob was last in the line to be killed at Terminus because he worked for them and he wasn't going to be killed. He was going to be set free to go get others to come back to Terminus. That's why Bob said once that he was the only survivor of two different groups, yeah, because he led both groups to their slaughter. That is why Bob has a drinking problem...guilty conscience anyone? That is why he tried to stop Gareth from killing them all by saying you don't have to do this...he was making a personal plea to his boss but it wasn't going to work.. That is why Gareth used Bob's name so many times at the bob-b-que because they knew each other."

And then at the Bob-b-que, Gareth says to Bob, "It's ironic that it's you"...hmm, makes you think

I was wondering if they knew each other. Does the main group even know him as "Bob"? I didn't get whether he was just using a generic name or if there was a backstory they were hinting at or if his name actually was Bob and they knew it because they ahd introduced themselves at Terminus.

chainedup_Dawg
10-22-2014, 12:20 PM
I was wondering if they knew each other. Does the main group even know him as "Bob"? I didn't get whether he was just using a generic name or if there was a backstory they were hinting at or if his name actually was Bob and they knew it because they ahd introduced themselves at Terminus.

I don't remember them introducing themselves. Maybe he heard other members of the group call him by name but I don't remember an instance where that could be the case either. Honestly I never thought about that scenario until I saw that theory. I find it pretty interesting because there are things that have happened that lead me to believe that theory could be dead on

MadDawg
10-23-2014, 03:26 PM
Hard not to have a "let down" after the first episode. I feel/felt the same way about Bob. He had to have gotten bit.

I'm also thinking that the preacher is the one making the marks on the trees and has some sort of deal worked out with the Terminus group.

That's what I was thinking too.

Dawg61
10-24-2014, 11:17 PM
I was convinced Bob had been bitten and was about to kill himself before he turned but now I can also see that Bob was with Gareth and that group initially and was the one that led them into Terminus before they became bad and it's now "ironic" that it was him that they are eating.

Political Hack
10-26-2014, 02:04 PM

that makes sense.

chainedup_Dawg
10-26-2014, 09:29 PM
Well, after tonight's episode I don't think that theory has legs any more. It was a good one though. With how much seemed to be explained to Bob you'd think that would've already taken place had he been apart of the "termites".

Now I'm dying to know who is with Daryl in the woods outside the church. Also, they showed clips of next week with Beth in some sort of hospital

Tbonewannabe
10-26-2014, 10:05 PM
Well, after tonight's episode I don't think that theory has legs any more. It was a good one though. With how much seemed to be explained to Bob you'd think that would've already taken place had he been apart of the "termites".

Now I'm dying to know who is with Daryl in the woods outside the church. Also, they showed clips of next week with Beth in some sort of hospital

Daryl was with Rick when they came up on Morgan when he had that town boobie trapped killing walkers. I am guessing Beth and Carol are stuck in a hospital with some crazy people thinking about breeding. That is my insane theory on the hospital. Haven't read the comics so I have no clue.

DudyDawg
10-26-2014, 10:30 PM

As far as knowing bobs name, he also named all the individuals inside the church including Judith, so Im not sure it means Bob was recruiting, just that gareth followed and learned the names. That or Bob told them everyone's names, I guess it could be either

chainedup_Dawg
10-27-2014, 02:18 PM
Daryl was with Rick when they came up on Morgan when he had that town boobie trapped killing walkers. I am guessing Beth and Carol are stuck in a hospital with some crazy people thinking about breeding. That is my insane theory on the hospital. Haven't read the comics so I have no clue.

I hope it is Morgan...Question then becomes, has Morgan found his sanity, will he try to go after Rick and his group? I think I noticed that Daryl didn't have his crossbow when he said "come out". Which would lead me to believe, if it is Morgan, he took it from him.

huffy
10-28-2014, 07:24 AM
I was pretty disappointed in Bob's death.. I was hoping he would have dropped a bomb on Gareth like Dale did in his death in the comic book.

http://mtv.mtvnimages.com/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:public.articles.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/cannibal1.jpg
http://mtv.mtvnimages.com/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:public.articles.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/cannibal3.jpg
http://mtv.mtvnimages.com/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:public.articles.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/cannibal2.jpg
http://mtv.mtvnimages.com/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:public.articles.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/cannibal4.jpg
http://mtv.mtvnimages.com/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:public.articles.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/cannibal6.jpg
http://mtv.mtvnimages.com/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:public.articles.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/cannibal7.jpg
http://mtv.mtvnimages.com/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:public.articles.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/cannibal8.jpg

chainedup_Dawg
10-28-2014, 08:36 AM
I was pretty disappointed in Bob's death.. I was hoping he would have dropped a bomb on Gareth like Dale did in his death in the comic book.

http://mtv.mtvnimages.com/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:public.articles.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/cannibal1.jpg
http://mtv.mtvnimages.com/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:public.articles.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/cannibal3.jpg
http://mtv.mtvnimages.com/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:public.articles.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/cannibal2.jpg
http://mtv.mtvnimages.com/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:public.articles.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/cannibal4.jpg
http://mtv.mtvnimages.com/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:public.articles.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/cannibal6.jpg
http://mtv.mtvnimages.com/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:public.articles.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/cannibal7.jpg
http://mtv.mtvnimages.com/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:public.articles.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/cannibal8.jpg

He did, it happened pretty much just like that. Almost word for word. Now he didn't die right then but I don't know how the comic goes either.

jumbo
10-28-2014, 08:55 AM

no he wasn't. It was Rick, Michonne and Carl. I'm pretty sure that Rick is the only one who knows Morgan, so I doubt it's him with Daryl. Daryl had a smile/happy look on his face when he said come on out. I'm thinking that this week and maybe even next will be an all Beth story picking up from when she was abducted. Carol and Daryl will then rescue her and that's who is in the woods.

huffy
10-28-2014, 09:56 AM
He did!? WTF? How did I miss that? Must have been the wife talking or something. damn.

FlabLoser
10-28-2014, 10:47 AM
no he wasn't. It was Rick, Michonne and Carl. I'm pretty sure that Rick is the only one who knows Morgan, so I doubt it's him with Daryl. Daryl had a smile/happy look on his face when he said come on out. I'm thinking that this week and maybe even next will be an all Beth story picking up from when she was abducted. Carol and Daryl will then rescue her and that's who is in the woods.

I think so.

The sneak peaks for next week confused me. Those showed Beth in a hospital room, but that could have been a flashback. Flashback to the very beginning of the series or to the kidnapper taking care of her.

chainedup_Dawg
10-28-2014, 01:57 PM
He did!? WTF? How did I miss that? Must have been the wife talking or something. damn.

Yeah, he did, complete with the cry turned into crazy laugh. I know your pain with Mrs. talking, that's when you just start turning the tv up! Haha I suggest making sure she doesn't have anything to throw at you though

chainedup_Dawg
10-28-2014, 01:59 PM
I think so.

The sneak peaks for next week confused me. Those showed Beth in a hospital room, but that could have been a flashback. Flashback to the very beginning of the series or to the kidnapper taking care of her.

I didn't think about that angle. The clips from next week could definitely be a flashback on where Beth has been or where she came from originally. They seemed to have fallen in love with doing flashbacks lately. Their transition isn't very clear though.

jumbo
10-28-2014, 04:06 PM
I didn't think about that angle. The clips from next week could definitely be a flashback on where Beth has been or where she came from originally. They seemed to have fallen in love with doing flashbacks lately. Their transition isn't very clear though.

It's not going to be a flashback per se, but I'm thinking it will tell what happened from when Beth and Daryl got separated.

Tbonewannabe
10-29-2014, 08:54 AM

She was Hershel's daughter. She was on the farm from the beginning. I imagine it will be a flashback to when she was taken because it has been a while since she has been gone.

chainedup_Dawg
10-30-2014, 04:45 PM
She was Hershel's daughter. She was on the farm from the beginning. I imagine it will be a flashback to when she was taken because it has been a while since she has been gone.

That's right, my bad. I need to go back and watch some of the old episodes

Political Hack
10-30-2014, 04:48 PM

yeah. that makes the most sense. How in the hell would they have found her though? It makes more sense for her to be hiding in the woods than the other dude.

DudyDawg
10-31-2014, 09:26 AM
yeah. that makes the most sense. How in the hell would they have found her though? It makes more sense for her to be hiding in the woods than the other dude.

The car that took her drove by carol and Daryl when they were fixing that random car on the side of the road

chainedup_Dawg
10-31-2014, 09:44 AM
The car that took her drove by carol and Daryl when they were fixing that random car on the side of the road

That's right, Daryl made comment about it right before he busted out the taillights. I didn't catch all of what he said when it happened. Makes sense that it is Beth.

Political Hack
10-31-2014, 10:50 AM
That's right, Daryl made comment about it right before he busted out the taillights. I didn't catch all of what he said when it happened. Makes sense that it is Beth.

yeah. has to be her now.

DudyDawg
11-02-2014, 07:52 PM
Anyone else fired up for tonight. Who yall think is coming out of the woods? I thought Beth, but my metrocast TV guide says "a group of other survivors are encountered" as the description, so I'm not sure

State82
11-03-2014, 08:01 AM
Anyone else fired up for tonight. Who yall think is coming out of the woods? I thought Beth, but my metrocast TV guide says "a group of other survivors are encountered" as the description, so I'm not sure

I was really looking forward to last night's episode. Till I saw it. Disappointing.

DudyDawg
11-03-2014, 11:11 AM
Me too. Spent too much time building up the characters with no real conflict. Until carol that is. Thought this was by far worst episode of the season so far

HereComesTheSpiral
11-03-2014, 12:03 PM
Me too. Spent too much time building up the characters with no real conflict. Until carol that is. Thought this was by far worst episode of the season so far

In all fairness to the creators, Beths character wasnt very interesting and was never really never established and the show could have gone on without her.

DudyDawg
11-03-2014, 03:40 PM
In all fairness to the creators, Beths character wasnt very interesting and was never really never established and the show could have gone on without her.
I agree, but with carol now at the hospital, it looks like that whole episode was used to get to know her and now she's going to play a huge role (bc of carol)

HereComesTheSpiral
11-03-2014, 09:50 PM
I agree, but with carol now at the hospital, it looks like that whole episode was used to get to know her and now she's going to play a huge role (bc of carol)

Other than Carol or the ending with Darryl the week before, would you really care about Beth? I know I wouldn't.

chainedup_Dawg
11-04-2014, 09:46 AM
I have a question, did anybody else notice the AMC commercials stating that satellite customers were in risk of losing the channel due to contract negotiations? I wasn't paying a lot of attention but I clearly heard that. I also noticed another commercial later saying that there was no risk....I know they go through these contract negotiations a lot, this is just the first time I had heard of it with AMC.

jumbo
11-04-2014, 10:56 AM
I have a question, did anybody else notice the AMC commercials stating that satellite customers were in risk of losing the channel due to contract negotiations? I wasn't paying a lot of attention but I clearly heard that. I also noticed another commercial later saying that there was no risk....I know they go through these contract negotiations a lot, this is just the first time I had heard of it with AMC.

yeah, pretty sure it's Dish that is having the dispute

DudyDawg
11-04-2014, 01:21 PM
Other than Carol or the ending with Darryl the week before, would you really care about Beth? I know I wouldn't.
Nope. Not at all. Which I think is why they did that episode. To make you care

FlabLoser
11-04-2014, 03:16 PM
Lame episode. So the hospital folks are indentured seravants under the tyranny of police (people with weapons). I felt that was pretty lame. It seems a lot more likely that post-apocolyptic societies would be more like Woodbury, Terminus, or the prison than a tyranny with indentured servants.

HereComesTheSpiral
11-04-2014, 06:31 PM
yeah, pretty sure it's Dish that is having the dispute

Isnt Dish doing the big Walking Dead promotion?

Political Hack
11-05-2014, 08:48 AM
it was a pretty bad episode. Beth TV is less interesting than the Truman show.

State82
11-05-2014, 09:35 PM
Does anyone know how long it has supposedly been since the first episode? In other words, how long has the group been on the run? They don't seem to indicate change of weather/seasons on the show. It always looks to be warm weather so I can't tell if they have been wandering around for a year or 3-4 years.

Johnson85
11-05-2014, 10:03 PM
it was a pretty bad episode. Beth TV is less interesting than the Truman show.

I guess I'm in the minority bc I thought it was decent. Definitely not one of the better episodes, but the show has had lots of episodes that were mainly used to set up future episodes. I thought this was one of if not the best episodes of that group.

Political Hack
11-05-2014, 10:24 PM
I guess I'm in the minority bc I thought it was decent. Definitely not one of the better episodes, but the show has had lots of episodes that were mainly used to set up future episodes. I thought this was one of if not the best episodes of that group.

I'm just more interested in the rest of the group. Beth is one of the characters that I just don't get into to so a whole episode about her wasn that interesting to me. If the hospital comes back into play, it'll possibly be time well spent.

chainedup_Dawg
11-07-2014, 10:11 AM
I think with Carol being brought into the hospital it will have to come back into play. She was with Daryl and there's no way Daryl will just leave her without going back. Also, I think at this point, it has to be Morgan in the woods with Daryl.

I didn't care for the hospital episode either. It was okay, they just seemed to try and pack a whole lot of backstory into that one episode. They could have done the same piece by piece while also reflecting on the other group, IMO.

Dawg61
11-08-2014, 02:40 AM
Beth might be my favorite character. She's constantly underestimated but she's a feisty little biatch. She 17ed that dude up with the lollipop container. Plus she wanted to get drunk for the first time ever with a bunch of zombies everywhere and didn't give a shit. That's pretty awesome haha

Intramural All-American
11-09-2014, 04:07 PM
I think with Carol being brought into the hospital it will have to come back into play. She was with Daryl and there's no way Daryl will just leave her without going back. Also, I think at this point, it has to be Morgan in the woods with Daryl.

I didn't care for the hospital episode either. It was okay, they just seemed to try and pack a whole lot of backstory into that one episode. They could have done the same piece by piece while also reflecting on the other group, IMO.

For some reason, I think it is the Black guy from the hospital that is with Daryl.

mstatefan91
11-10-2014, 01:53 AM
Welp there is no cure. Shocker

Political Hack
11-10-2014, 08:04 AM
Welp there is no cure. Shocker

I still don't understand why they haven't decided to move to an island yet.

jumbo
11-10-2014, 10:21 AM
did anyone watch the "extended look" at next week's episode at the end of Talking Dead? It showed Daryl carrying a body wrapped in a bed sheet and burning it.

Tbonewannabe
11-10-2014, 12:15 PM
For some reason, I think it is the Black guy from the hospital that is with Daryl.

This makes sense because it could lead the group to send a rescue party back to the hospital. I am wondering if Carol basically was captured on purpose to get another person on the inside.

Tbonewannabe
11-10-2014, 12:17 PM
did anyone watch the "extended look" at next week's episode at the end of Talking Dead? It showed Daryl carrying a body wrapped in a bed sheet and burning it.

I don't think they will kill Beth but who knows. I am guessing it is just someone from inside the hospital.

jumbo
11-10-2014, 02:21 PM
This makes sense because it could lead the group to send a rescue party back to the hospital. I am wondering if Carol basically was captured on purpose to get another person on the inside.

I absolutely think she's a "trojan horse". My guess is Carol and Darly run into Noah (the black kid) outside the hospital and he tells them Beth is still in there and the rundown of what the place is. Carol then goes in and wrecks shop from the inside.

DudyDawg
11-10-2014, 05:03 PM
I absolutely think she's a "trojan horse". My guess is Carol and Darly run into Noah (the black kid) outside the hospital and he tells them Beth is still in there and the rundown of what the place is. Carol then goes in and wrecks shop from the inside.

I think this is what happens too. Cant wait for next week's show, I think a ton of questions (namely about Beth) will be answered

War Machine Dawg
11-11-2014, 10:58 AM

That was my immediate assumption. She voluntarily got "captured" to help Beth escape from inside.

Tbonewannabe
11-11-2014, 12:39 PM
I am curious what is going to happen now that the Washington DC trip is basically cancelled. Does the group try to settle in somewhere again or do they actually still try to go to DC since Eugene's logic was going to the center of decision making makes sense?

Johnson85
11-11-2014, 12:52 PM

I'm not a fan either of the way the episodes this season are basically broken up to focus on only one subpart of the group each time. That said, I'm not sure if they could fit a coherent episode into one hour if they touched on everybody. Right now it's frustrating b/c you go weeks at a time wtihout learning anything new about a group. But otherwise it'd be frustrating that there would be several entire episodes where the story was barely advanced for anybody, and then one episode that crammed in resolutions of several story arcs at once.

Political Hack
11-11-2014, 01:34 PM
if they pulled a Trojan horse and Carol went in to get Beth, the crappy episode was totally worth the set up.

FlabLoser
11-17-2014, 02:20 AM
Nope. Carol was hit by a car and brought in for her injuries.

But that was some time after she rode a magic van off of a bridge. The magic van was falling upside down, but landed on its feet like a cat.

Political Hack
11-17-2014, 11:02 AM
Nope. Carol was hit by a car and brought in for her injuries.

But that was some time after she rode a magic van off of a bridge. The magic van was falling upside down, but landed on its feet like a cat.

the cat van may be the most amazing character in the show right now.

I do like how the hospital is coming into play now. possibly even worth the crappy episode that set it all up.

DudyDawg
11-17-2014, 11:25 AM
I agree. Stuff at the hospital is getting interesting. Now it looks like Noah is with Daryl In the woods and the group will have to attack the hospital. My only concern is how quickly they do it. On one hand, they need carol to get the medical help. On the other, the more time carol is with Beth, the more likely something happens in the hospital to out them. Should be a good final two episodes before the mid season finale

Johnson85
11-17-2014, 12:24 PM
the cat van may be the most amazing character in the show right now.

I do like how the hospital is coming into play now. possibly even worth the crappy episode that set it all up.

Except now it's two crappy episodes. i thought the episode with Beth in the hospital was pretty decent and was clearly setting up future action. I thought this episode was terrible. It was basically a full episode to tell us what we already know. Carol was married to white trash. Darryl was white trash. They are both better people now but still haunted by their past. They have a special relationship but it's not exactly clear what it is. They spent an hour on this without really fleshing out anything we didn't already know. They could have done the entire setup for Carrol going into the hospital in less than a quarter of an episode.

And the van was the worst thing that show has ever done. I'm guessing they shot the scene leaving the van before they did the shot of the van falling. And then once they got that shot and realized it didn't work, they either didn't have the time or money to fix it. They need to make sure they avoid situations like that in the future. THey don't really need stunts like that and if they don't know that they can do it right, they just need to avoid it.

FlabLoser
11-17-2014, 02:39 PM
I figured the van was going to land head first and their airbags would save them. That's like two cars hitting head on, each at 15mph. That would have been more realistic than what happened on the show, even though the show used the airbags too.

I also noticed some bad looking CGI when zombie heads were getting machete'd. Not sure why. The show has been good with that stuff to this point.

Tbonewannabe
11-18-2014, 12:50 PM
I figured the van was going to land head first and their airbags would save them. That's like two cars hitting head on, each at 15mph. That would have been more realistic than what happened on the show, even though the show used the airbags too.

I also noticed some bad looking CGI when zombie heads were getting machete'd. Not sure why. The show has been good with that stuff to this point.

I think they set up the van to land like that just so they could have the shot of the walker head hitting the windshield. I told my wife the walkers would just walk right after the van but apparently only a couple did.

Tbonewannabe
11-18-2014, 12:55 PM
I wonder if they get everyone back to the church including Abraham's group before they attack the hospital. They have 2 weeks left in this half of the season so I think they do the attack on the hospital and you don't know what the aftermath is until February similar to the prison.