PDA

View Full Version : MSU fan or nah?

mstatefan91
10-12-2014, 10:46 PM
Saw this posted on one of the many highlight videos from our win over Auburn:

Mixed emotions--I'm a die hard MS State fan but OMG Auburn had to score at least 14 just to cover bad ref calls. Maybe I'm the only one seeing things this way but as a former football referee as well the refs took Auburn to the cleaners in my mind. Shallow victory for MS State and taking no credit away from MSU. Almost wish MS coach's contract would have allowed him to comment a moment at least in post-game

Call me crazy but how can you call yourself a die hard State fan and then go on to say that our victory was shallow?

Sounds like an upset Auburn fan or a bear fan trying to downplay our win to me.

Coach34
10-12-2014, 10:48 PM
Hayyyyyyyle no- especially after everything Auburn has done. Karma is a bitch and she got her revenge Saturday

**** them and **** that impersonator

Bully13
10-12-2014, 10:49 PM
ya think?

msstate7
10-12-2014, 10:50 PM
What state fan refers to us as MS State? What state fan refers to Mullen as MS coach?

Maybe I'm reading to much into those 2 things, but diehards say state or miss state. Diehards would say Mullen, not ms coach IMO

LiterallyPolice
10-12-2014, 10:51 PM
Well, we won by 15 points. So even if the refs "stole" 14 points (which they didn't), we still win.

Auburn couldn't score in the red zone all night. We could. Ballgame.

BeastMan
10-12-2014, 10:54 PM
It's b/c that dude is a troll. Has to be

msstate7
10-12-2014, 10:57 PM
Ask the diehard to who returned the punt for a td in the sec championship game.

FlabLoser
10-12-2014, 11:02 PM
I have a relative that is a big Auburn fan. Fairly close to their program too.

He really believes that Auburn lost to MSU and the refs. I watched my DVR'd version today and didn't see the refs screwing Auburn at all.

The CBS guys didn't like a PI call against Auburn where Coates (sp) was pushing off on Calhoun. Calhound "pushed" in just trying to free himself from Coates arm. But Calhoun was step for step right with Coates before Coates' push that created the separation. It was a good call.

Anyway, I didn't even respond. State has gotten the shaft time after time for so many years (and by years I really mean decades)...this stuff isn't worth a response.

War Machine Dawg
10-12-2014, 11:06 PM
He trollin'. He hatin'.

http://i.imgur.com/D4piMcS.gif

BossDawg
10-12-2014, 11:06 PM
He's just looking for comfort. Bless his heart. His little feelings got hurt :(.

yjnkdawg
10-12-2014, 11:07 PM
Saw this posted on one of the many highlight videos from our win over Auburn:
Call me crazy but how can you call yourself a die hard State fan and then go on to say that our victory was shallow?
Sounds like an upset Auburn fan or a bear fan trying to downplay our win to me.

Sounds like a bear. But what does that last sentence mean. It really doesn't make any sense, but neither did anything else he said......

Liverpooldawg
10-13-2014, 09:06 AM
Not a State fan. "MS State" isn't something you see our folks use. Even if it is true ( and it's not). so what? We have got hosed so many times by the refs over the years it's about time we got a little help from them. We could get every close call for 10 years and they would still owe us. I actully love seeing Auburn whine about the refs. It sure beats having to do it ourselves like we usually do.

Johnson85
10-13-2014, 09:11 AM
I have a relative that is a big Auburn fan. Fairly close to their program too.

He really believes that Auburn lost to MSU and the refs. I watched my DVR'd version today and didn't see the refs screwing Auburn at all.

The CBS guys didn't like a PI call against Auburn where Coates (sp) was pushing off on Calhoun. Calhound "pushed" in just trying to free himself from Coates arm. But Calhoun was step for step right with Coates before Coates' push that created the separation. It was a good call.

Anyway, I didn't even respond. State has gotten the shaft time after time for so many years (and by years I really mean decades)...this stuff isn't worth a response.

Even if you buy that the offensive PI call was bad, that just made up for the awful no call (that is not disputable) on MSU's drive to start the game. We both had what would have been long gains negated that basically killed our first drive of the half.

The refs definitely missed some calls, but it wasn't a game where one side clearly benefited.

Liverpooldawg
10-13-2014, 09:12 AM
Oh one more thing, I don't think I it'so a bear either. I can't remember seeing them using "MS State" to refer to us. Has to be a Aubie.

maroonmania
10-13-2014, 09:47 AM
Heck, at least there was NOTHING in this game that compared to the first down given to Auburn a couple of years ago in Auburn when there was a sizeable gap between the ball and the stick on the measurement after a 4th down Auburn play. That was about the most blatant thing I've ever seen. The only thing Auburn can complain about on this game (including the PI call) was a judgement call or two, nothing that was black and white. And as someone mentioned our first drive was basically halted over a noncall of a blatant PI. Auburn fans not being use to seeing a game called fairly when they play us is the biggest issue.

tcdog70
10-13-2014, 11:32 AM
All this whining by some Barners means--Not Shit. You can go back in any game and find calls that could go either way. Play the fricking Game , let the Refs make their calls and see who scores the most points. Holy Shit-we gave them 4 turn overs in a row and they still couldn't beat Us. Carry your cry baby ass back to Toomers Corner, and STFU.