10-12-2014, 09:20 PM
Bill Martin (MSU Sports Info) Twitter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37Ecsb_cZyY

rcsteph1
10-12-2014, 09:45 PM
That was awesome! Just got cold chills!

Charlie_Sheen420
10-12-2014, 10:04 PM
Dang, I wish it hadn't cut out the "Don't Stop Believin" part, that's when it got loud haha

Belegal
10-12-2014, 10:26 PM
Agree with others - we should hold up on cowbells & all sing on this song - more impressive without the bell

Gen. Grant
10-12-2014, 10:36 PM
This was one of my favorite parts of the atmosphere.

Bully13
10-12-2014, 10:39 PM
I'm not sure about this. don't get me wrong. I like it when a neil diamond or journey song plays while I'm driving down the road holding my wife's hand.

not sure if it's appropriate for a football game. I'd rather have Nugent's "Stranglehold" pumpin' and blaring.

that neal diamond shit at UPITT sux ass and this is borderline....

TheRef
10-12-2014, 10:40 PM
I'm not sure about this. don't get me wrong. I like it when a neil diamond or journey song plays while I'm driving down the road holding my wife's hand.

not sure if it's appropriate for a football game. I'd rather have Nugent's "Stranglehold" pumpin' and blaring.

that neal diamond shit at UPITT sux ass and this is borderline....

It's Dan's idea...Dan likes it...the crowd gets hyped during it....suck it up and deal with it.

Bully13
10-12-2014, 10:48 PM
It's Dan's idea...Dan likes it...the crowd gets hyped during it....suck it up and deal with it.

the video sound seemed like nobody in the stands knew what to do, sounded like the crowd was confused instead of being hyped.

we need to learn the words of Nugent's "Stranglehold"... it's football, not a prom date with hopes of a hand job in a car seat.

DudyDawg
10-12-2014, 10:49 PM
Student section gets excited when it starts and gets pumped

TheRef
10-12-2014, 10:53 PM
the video sound seemed like nobody in the stands knew what to do, sounded like the crowd was confused instead of being hyped.

we need to learn the words of Nugent's "Stranglehold"... it's football, not a prom date with hopes of a hand job in a car seat.

The students certainly knew what to do. I get what you're saying, but let it happen. The students get hyped up from it, the rest of the stadium is getting to the point where they will participate.

War Machine Dawg
10-12-2014, 11:14 PM
The students certainly knew what to do. I get what you're saying, but let it happen. The students get hyped up from it, the rest of the stadium is getting to the point where they will participate.

He's definitely overthinking it. When the first notes of "Don't Stop Believin'" hit, the entire Torture Chamber roared. It was cool. The song is really taking off and becoming a favorite moment of the game for our crowd. Not everything has to be hard rock or rap to fire up the crowd. Bully13 is clueless if he thinks so.

Bully13
10-13-2014, 12:21 AM
He's definitely overthinking it. When the first notes of "Don't Stop Believin'" hit, the entire Torture Chamber roared. It was cool. The song is really taking off and becoming a favorite moment of the game for our crowd. Not everything has to be hard rock or rap to fire up the crowd. Bully13 is clueless if he thinks so.

I'm not as concerned about firing up the crowd as I am in keeping the players pumped. I don't need the players all lovey dovey going into the 4th quarter. Nugent is best for the 4th quarter, leave Journey for after the game if you want the fans to hug each other.

Bully13
10-13-2014, 12:41 AM
I don't recall our players on the field or sidelines being fired up about the goings on that were going on at the time. can you imagine a montage of Bulldog Highlights with these Nugent lics going on simultaneously? do you really want TRUE football enthusiasm pumped into the veins of the fans and players? get a load of THIS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWB9ia_ZPjk

Charlie_Sheen420
10-13-2014, 12:42 AM
I'm not as concerned about firing up the crowd as I am in keeping the players pumped. I don't need the players all lovey dovey going into the 4th quarter. Nugent is best for the 4th quarter, leave Journey for after the game if you want the fans to hug each other.
The players feed off the fans, so if the fans are pumped then the players are pumped. Stranglehold is a good pump up song, but it's mostly instrumental (7min) and that would get dull for the 3-4mins between 3rd and 4th quarter. Plus a lot of people do not know those lyrics, and random fact, Nugent isn't even the lead singer on that song. That song is good for a 30sec timeout or something. The majority of fans should know the lyrics to "Don't Stop Believin", and if that gets them pumped, let them have it and just go with it because the team will feed off of it.

TheRef
10-13-2014, 12:42 AM
I don't recall our players on the field or sidelines being fired up about the goings on that were going on at the time. can you imagine a montage of Bulldog Highlights with these Nugent lics going on simultaneously? do you really want TRUE football enthusiasm pumped into the veins of the fans and players? get a load of THIS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWB9ia_ZPjk

We get it...you like Nugent....it's not going to change....

Charlie_Sheen420
10-13-2014, 12:57 AM
I think there's only two choices....letting Dan have "Don't Stop Believin" be played and fans singing to it, or you can have those wonderful ads such as "Downtown Louisvilllllleeeee!!!!!!!" "Flavoooorrr!" and "Buy me a Mercedes Bennnzzzz!!!!".........yeah I'll take "Don't Stop Believin" every time haha

Maroon Blood
10-13-2014, 08:06 AM
I turned to the person next to me after the tune and said, "There's no way we lose this game. No way."

FatDrunkandStupidDawg
10-13-2014, 08:34 AM

You do realize that 90% of our team most likely has no clue who Nugent is nor could the identify that song! The team feeds off the crowd and if 62,000 people sing along to a Micheal Buble song they would get hyped... I though it was awesome and hope we continue with Don't Stop Believing for the foreseeable future!

TheDawgBiscuit
10-13-2014, 08:39 AM
Agree with others - we should hold up on cowbells & all sing on this song - more impressive without the bell

+1000

Liverpooldawg
10-13-2014, 09:45 AM
That song has been specifically requested by Dan Mullen at that time in the game. It's going nowhere and it's really taking off. A song doesn't have to have a driving beat to jack up a crowd. Tune into a Liverpool pre-game sometime. "You Will Never Walk Alone" is slow and dreary, but it will make your hair stand on end they way the Kop does it. It's the most famous anthem song in world sports. Ask AC Milan about what it can do.

ScoobaDawg
10-13-2014, 11:57 AM

Your opinion doesn't matter. Dan wants it. Dan gets it. and I liken it to Auburn playing living on a prayer at the same time of the game.

deadheaddawg
10-13-2014, 12:05 PM
Ted Nugent is terrible

Political Hack
10-13-2014, 01:16 PM
LSU plays Sweet Caroline, don't they?

this is a lot like that. I love it.