PDA

View Full Version : The number 1 ranking....

Papadawg15
10-12-2014, 08:57 PM
Is kind of concerning to me. It's a big accomplishment, but I feel like our fan base is satisfied right now. The fact is this ranking doesn't mean much. If TSUN was number 1, I think most of us would be downplaying it. Hopefully our guys keep their heads on straight and we finish this thing. Great time to be a DAWG

sleepy dawg
10-12-2014, 09:03 PM
How many fans rushed the field? We all know what the prize is.

BeardoMSU
10-12-2014, 09:05 PM
1) You can't really downplay a #1 ranking, especially with the wins we have. And if it was OM with our resume, they would deserve it too.
2) No, the fan base is no where near satisfied; there is much more to play for than a ranking in October.
3) Our guys will be fine. They know, as well as the coaches, what is at stake.

Great first post****

Dawgowar
10-12-2014, 09:09 PM
Is kind of concerning to me. It's a big accomplishment, but I feel like our fan base is satisfied right now. The fact is this ranking doesn't mean much. If TSUN was number 1, I think most of us would be downplaying it. Hopefully our guys keep their heads on straight and we finish this thing. Great time to be a DAWG

Not sure if I am speaking out of turn or violating protocol but we have a "Secret" plan to handle this.

Political Hack
10-12-2014, 09:14 PM
no one rushed the field because they realize it's not over. #1 is a ranking, it's not a championship.

Chip
10-12-2014, 09:15 PM
The only thing that matters, the only game that is important, is Kentucky. State has to concentrate on them one at a time.

Jack Lambert
10-12-2014, 09:15 PM
As an coach Mullen has been here before. Freeze is another question. I feel pretty good about with Mullen running things.

jbjones
10-12-2014, 09:17 PM
no one rushed the field because they realize it's not over. #1 is a ranking, it's not a championship.

Wait a minute...you mean a ranking is like a party*?

4/5

LiterallyPolice
10-12-2014, 09:18 PM
As a fan, I guess being #1 is cool.... But I want that hardware. We have a long way to go to win our division, let alone the SEC or make the playoffs. And I'm not just spouting the company line here... That's genuinely how I feel.

For as good as we are, we can improve on both sides of the ball. For starters, we have to cut back on turnovers.

I'd be willing to bet our players feel the same way.

gravedigger
10-12-2014, 09:19 PM

So if our fanbase is satisfied, what concerns you?

Our fanbase will take the kentucky game for granted? will overlook the next game?

How will this affect the team?

CadaverDawg
10-12-2014, 09:22 PM
I'll start by saying, a first post trying to temper expectations when we're #1, and mentioning "TSUN", makes me skeptical..

But to answer the question, with our QB right now, I do not worry one bit about over confidence or us feeling satisfied. Dak and McKinney and our group of players are hungry, and now that they've had a taste of this, I highly doubt they will want to lose it.

gravedigger
10-12-2014, 09:27 PM
As a fan, I guess being #1 is cool.... But I want that hardware. We have a long way to go to win our division, let alone the SEC or make the playoffs. And I'm not just spouting the company line here... That's genuinely how I feel.

For as good as we are, we can improve on both sides of the ball. For starters, we have to cut back on turnovers.

I'd be willing to bet our players feel the same way.

What letter grade would you have gaven your're self on that post?

DudyDawg
10-12-2014, 09:30 PM

What letter grade would you have made on a spelling test

LiterallyPolice
10-12-2014, 09:34 PM

Solid B. I misspelled a few words initially and had to go back and edit.

I would give your post a B as well. In fact, it's very similar to our game with Auburn. Started out strong, hit quite a rough patch there in the middle, but finished strong. There is definitely some room for improvement, but in the end it got the job done.

Bully13
10-12-2014, 09:38 PM
"you're self" ? He is NOT self... he's literally police

LiterallyPolice
10-12-2014, 09:44 PM
"you're self" ? He is NOT self... he's literally police

This thread just took an unexpectedly philosophical turn.

I mean, am I self? Are any of us self?

Bass Chaser
10-12-2014, 09:51 PM
I'm not concerned at all. Just about everyone on this coaching staff has been in this position before. I believe the players have a lot higher expectations than the #1 ranking in week 7.

hells bells
10-12-2014, 09:52 PM
I'll start by saying, a first post trying to temper expectations when we're #1, and mentioning "TSUN", makes me skeptical..

But to answer the question, with our QB right now, I do not worry one bit about over confidence or us feeling satisfied. Dak and McKinney and our group of players are hungry, and now that they've had a taste of this, I highly doubt they will want to lose it.

Daver, Hammer down.

hells bells
10-12-2014, 09:56 PM
Enjoy your last post I hope. Papa KMA.

gravedigger
10-12-2014, 10:04 PM
We'll i'm grate full because bad grammar is one of the things with which up, we should not put.

BeardoMSU
10-12-2014, 10:14 PM
bad grammar is one of the things with which up, we should not put.

http://img.pandawhale.com/107190-sad-Yoda-gif-Imgur-HwbV.gif

moss818
10-12-2014, 10:28 PM
It. Is. Not. Done! Don't get me wrong now, #1 is great, but that just shows you what this team has done "thus far". Our guys have a good head on their shoulders and we have great leaders on this team. We will not be satisfied, I promise you.

mstatefan91
10-12-2014, 10:36 PM
Not sure if I am speaking out of turn or violating protocol but we have a "Secret" plan to handle this.

Not sure what this is supposed to mean. lol

MabenMaroon
10-13-2014, 07:19 AM
This thread just took an unexpectedly philosophical turn.

I mean, am I self? Are any of us self?

No! ... we scrong!

MetEdDawg
10-13-2014, 07:31 AM
Two things:

1) Mullen continues to preach that we are 3-0 in the conference and that we are bowl eligible. Not that we are #1. Not that we've destroyed our three conference opponents. He continues to underplay our achievements because he HAS to keep this team in check. We are good enough to win games without the hype, without the label as a great team. We know we are good, it's just now about managing the highs and the lows and keeping the team focused on each day because we are good enough to run the table.

2) Our team has way too many leaders to let us sit back and enjoy our spoils up to this point. Dak, McKinney, Preston, J Rob, Hughes, Eulls, many many others. We are too focused a team to allow this to affect us. We have to continue to remember the goal is not national championship. It's conference championship. If we do that, we attack whatever happens afterwards 100%. We control the conference championship and Mullen has preached that from day 1. Everyone has bought in and you can see that in the way the players speak about our success thus far.

ScoobaDawg
10-13-2014, 12:23 PM

HE GONE, See ya Papa aka dawgsfinnaeat

codeDawg
10-13-2014, 12:27 PM
We should enjoy the ranking, it won't last. The top for will change throughout the rest of the season. We'll lose it, and get it back just by the way the season plays out. Either FSU or ND will have it this week. UM will get it if they beat Auburn. We'll get it back if we beat Bama. It's a nice accomplishment, but fleeting until we win the NC.

CadaverDawg
10-13-2014, 12:33 PM

Nice. My troll radar has really been on point lately

Political Hack
10-13-2014, 12:46 PM

nice work Scoob. Thanks.

HSVDawg
10-13-2014, 01:08 PM

Regardless of what you think about the #1 ranking, there is a decent chance it will only last a week. Due to the inexplicable and unending media fascination with Notre Dame, FSU will probably jump back to number 1 with ease after they dismantle this unstoppable juggernaut by 3 TD's. And if for whatever reason ND wins, they will likely jump everyone for the top spot.