PDA

View Full Version : Funny thing about Florida message boards..

Lloyd Christmas
10-12-2014, 03:34 PM
is they all admit that their AD, Foley, hates Mullen. It's the worst kept secret in the SEC. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it also widely known that Meghan Mullen hates Gainesville and UF?

thf24
10-12-2014, 04:00 PM
I remember after 2010, when asked about jobs his name was being associated with, Mullen always deflected with something like "I'm not going to talk about it" or "I'm the coach at Mississippi State right now," excet for Florida. When asked about Florida, it was a firm "No, I haven't been contacted." Those interactions gave me a very strong impression that both Mullen and Florida have no intention of him ever returning there.

Original48
10-12-2014, 04:03 PM
That's the size of it. As long as Foley (and their fans really) are in place, the Mullen family ain't going to Florida.

Political Hack
10-12-2014, 04:22 PM
That's the size of it. As long as Foley (and their fans really) are in place, the Mullen family ain't going to Florida.

yep

Todd4State
10-12-2014, 04:51 PM
An Ole Miss fan that I work with asked me "so what do you think about the Mullen to Florida rumors"?

The best part was the fear that you could hear in his voice- as in "Please God let this be true and please let Dak go to Florida with him."

Dawgcentral
10-12-2014, 05:19 PM
Dan is hearing it from recruits already. It's amazing how all it takes is for some pencil neck OM fan can float a stupid rumor out and see it grabbed up.

The fans in Florida want to fire a coach with 8-9 wins, even when he has a chance to build on it. Bama fans are the same way. Who wants to live under this conditions? CDM has high expectations from himself, the staff, and the players,..but he's a realist. Why would he and Meg want to live amongst a bunch of self absorbed, demanding asses? They've been there and done that.

TrapGame
10-12-2014, 05:42 PM
And look at Saban and Miles. LSU/Bama are headed for 8-4/9-3 seasons and the fans are losing their ever-loving minds.

Dan has it made here. If leaves any time soon I'll be shocked!

KB21
10-12-2014, 07:52 PM
To see the look on Dan's face after that win yesterday, he's one of us now. He loves this state and this university. I don't see him leaving, and I'm betting MSU gives him around $3.5 million reasons not to leave.

Dawgcentral
10-12-2014, 07:59 PM
3.5 million plus incentives is no hill to climb with the added revenue. Keeping assistants is another matter, but that's all up to the AD to encourage the donors. Here's hoping they/we come through.

WinningIsRelentless
10-12-2014, 07:59 PM
To see the look on Dan's face after that win yesterday, he's one of us now. He loves this state and this university. I don't see him leaving, and I'm betting MSU gives him around $3.5 million reasons not to leave.
So you think we are about to pay him close to 7 mill a year?

Coach34
10-12-2014, 08:11 PM
We are going to need to get Mullen's pay close to $4MM and more importantly- the assistants are going to get a bump. That where we really lag and need to close the gap

Pollodawg
10-12-2014, 08:16 PM
Why do Dan and Foley dislike one another?

dotcomdawg
10-12-2014, 08:25 PM
Believe this: If Dan leaves, it won't be because of money.

Coach34
10-12-2014, 08:35 PM
Why do Dan and Foley dislike one another?

extreme personality clash...to hear some people say it- Mullen was actually told he needed to find another job by Foley when we hired him- NC or not. I dont know if that was the case- one thing is constant- Mullen and Foley wont be working together again.

starkvegasdawg
10-12-2014, 08:44 PM
We are going to need to get Mullen's pay close to $4MM and more importantly- the assistants are going to get a bump. That where we really lag and need to close the gap

If we make the playoffs I was thinking 5 mil. would be possible. We win it and I say it's probable.

Lloyd Christmas
10-13-2014, 01:35 PM
extreme personality clash...to hear some people say it- Mullen was actually told he needed to find another job by Foley when we hired him- NC or not. I dont know if that was the case- one thing is constant- Mullen and Foley wont be working together again.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=838&d=1413225290

Tbonewannabe
10-13-2014, 01:45 PM
Seems like I remember Megan hated Gainesville also. She hated getting cussed at the grocery store if they lost. Here she has heard we will get them next time. Fans actually being supportive.

DawgHouseUnited
10-13-2014, 02:13 PM
Dan is hearing it from recruits already. It's amazing how all it takes is for some pencil neck OM fan can float a stupid rumor out and see it grabbed up.

Remember the Mullen is a closet atheist rumors.
Regarding recruits, remember the "I fear for your soul if you go to Starkville" line.

FISHDAWG
10-13-2014, 02:31 PM

I bet he even loves SWEET TEA