PDA

View Full Version : Weaponized Cowbell

BrunswickDawg
10-12-2014, 02:01 PM
Someone earlier this weekend mentioned how blown away I would be by the atmosphere. It was all incredible from start to finish. One thing that stood out was the way we use the bell. Even at our peak in the 90s, it was a smattering of noise. What I saw yesterday was the effect of us Weaponizing the Cowbell - it added to the music, we used it as a rally point, and we didn't use it when shouldn't. This game sets the standard from here on out.

TheRef
10-12-2014, 02:02 PM
Agreed. It was such a smooth transition from CLANGA to yelling.

IMissJack
10-12-2014, 02:05 PM
Agree, it was noticeable on TV.

DudyDawg
10-12-2014, 02:07 PM
Think stricks note had an impact. We were yelling at others in the student section to yell and put it down while on D. It was a vast improvement

Barking 13
10-12-2014, 02:16 PM
on my surround sound, the Maroon - White cheer during an official review was outstanding.. and deafening

Smitty
10-12-2014, 02:23 PM
Has there been any acknowledgement on the positive use of cowbell this game from anyone. No excuse for any more bitching from anyone else on cowbells.

DudyDawg
10-12-2014, 02:24 PM
Has there been any acknowledgement on the positive use of cowbell this game from anyone. No excuse for any more bitching from anyone else on cowbells.

https://twitter.com/stricklinmsu/status/521367417805889536

TheRef
10-12-2014, 02:25 PM

https://twitter.com/bmarcello/status/521325272810135552

BrunswickDawg
10-12-2014, 02:25 PM
And the whole stadium was in it the whole game! Something else I noted in the State Level - it is young in there. Lots of what looked like my demographic up there (40ish) - they were pretty raucous too.

trob115
10-12-2014, 02:38 PM
And the whole stadium was in it the whole game! Something else I noted in the State Level - it is young in there. Lots of what looked like my demographic up there (40ish) - they were pretty raucous too.

I know in our box, we are always into the game. Imo, those seats are some of the best around bc you're literally right there on top of the student section. Nice meeting you yesterday too.

BrunswickDawg
10-12-2014, 03:08 PM
Back at ya trob! Being that close to the students does amp it up. And if anybody on here is the student who got hit by the clacker from my bell, sorry

GreenheadDawg
10-12-2014, 03:18 PM
RebelliousB on stricklands twitter feed is realllllyyy butthurt

sleepy dawg
10-12-2014, 03:25 PM
I still saw more than I would like ringing "irresponsibly". However, I agree that most did excellent, and that game should definitely serve as a model going forward. I think some folks are still reluctant to yell, and would prefer to sit there and do nothing.

If people around you are sitting or ringing the bell irresponsibly, lead by example. The best thing you can do to start is stand up and yell through all defensive plays before the snap or as much as you can. Others will follow suit. It will take some time to build, but it will catch on in your area too. I am usually the first to start yelling in my section, and others will follow me. Against Auburn, there were multiple times where others around me started yelling before me. It will catch on, just do it!

I sit in Section 334 row 4 in case you were wondering who the asshole was who was standing up in front of you every defensive play and yelling the whole time as loud as he could.

WeWonItAll(Most)
10-12-2014, 03:26 PM
Back at ya trob! Being that close to the students does amp it up. And if anybody on here is the student who got hit by the clacker from my bell, sorry

Was your box a little to the left of the field goal when facing the field?

BrunswickDawg
10-12-2014, 03:37 PM
We were on the left, but 2nd from the end of the new boxes (toward the east side). Did I hit you or are you the student I gave water to?

BulldogBear
10-12-2014, 03:45 PM
I still saw more than I would like ringing "irresponsibly". However, I agree that most did excellent, and that game should definitely serve as a model going forward. I think some folks are still reluctant to yell, and would prefer to sit there and do nothing.

If people around you are sitting or ringing the bell irresponsibly, lead by example. The best thing you can do to start is stand up and yell through all defensive plays before the snap or as much as you can. Others will follow suit. It will take some time to build, but it will catch on in your area too. I am usually the first to start yelling in my section, and others will follow me. Against Auburn, there were multiple times where others around me started yelling before me. It will catch on, just do it!

I sit in Section 334 row 4 in case you were wondering who the asshole was who was standing up in front of you every defensive play and yelling the whole time as loud as he could.

Section 19 East lower (bout 30 ydline) we hardly sat the whole game. Ringing to Yelling was great effect. My ears still hurt. So, which one of you was the guy in front of us who never said a word but gave everyone around us a silent high five after every good play?

RougeDawg
10-12-2014, 04:25 PM
Strick, Bob and John Bond did a practice session Friday night during the cowbell yell. Simulating the Center getting over the ball with the "no bell just yell" sign on jumbotron. Thibk they went over it a couple times and the students caught on quickly.

Good job everyone out there yesterday! I had tears running down my face as we were taking those final knees. The feeling was surreal.