PDA

View Full Version : I know you might not like this but here is why you should want TSUN to be 11-0 going

missouridawg
10-12-2014, 01:57 PM
Into the Egg Bowl. If that occurs, we could get in the playoffs regardless of a win or loss in that game.

Assuming we hold serve and can figure out how to beat Bama, UK, and Arky (I'll assume wins vs UTM and Vandy), if we are 11-1 and our only loss is at OM, I could still see us getting into the playoff. There won't be another one loss team in the nation who has won more against stout competition and suffered their only loss to #1... Meaning our resume should push us in front of a Pac12, big10, or big12 one loss conference champion.

However, we should just win the damn game, for sure.... But our national title hopes don't necessarily disappear in that scenario, which is nice.

Jack Lambert
10-12-2014, 02:00 PM
Satan and the bible. No way I ever pull for Ole Miss. I hope they lose every game.

ScottH
10-12-2014, 02:12 PM
I hope they lose every game between now and the Egg Bowl.

TrapGame
10-12-2014, 02:17 PM
I'd rather pull for Ebola.

Smitty
10-12-2014, 02:21 PM
If TSUN is 11-0 and lose to us they will still have a shot at getting in. If they are 6-6 they will not get in.

Sacrifice
10-12-2014, 02:50 PM
I'd hate to lose that late in the season. Especially with ND, FSU, baylor, etc probably just having one loss. I hope OM loses every game from here on out. Pulling for them would be like pulling for Auburn or Bama. We're all fighting for the same prize, the SEC west title.

Ralph
10-12-2014, 03:57 PM
If state and OM both win out and winner of egg bowl also wins seccg, I believe both make the playoffs.

missouridawg
10-12-2014, 04:07 PM
If state and OM both win out and winner of egg bowl also wins seccg, I believe both make the playoffs.

Thank you for being the first person to respond that seems to understand the premise of my post.

Furthermore, your statement is ever more so likely to happen if it's the away team who loses the Egg Bowl.

RougeDawg
10-12-2014, 04:16 PM
Committee is already under fire about whether or not two SEC teams should be in. I highly doubt they will allow 2 MS teams in.

Ralph
10-12-2014, 04:23 PM
Thank you for being the first person to respond that seems to understand the premise of my post.

Furthermore, your statement is ever more so likely to happen if it's the away team who loses the Egg Bowl.

Exactly. Yes I would rather OM be 6-5 when we play, but it's going to be a tough game regardless of record. If we lose to a 6-5 OM then we must make and win the seccg to have a shot at playoff spot imo. Not saying pull for OM, rather look at the silver lining.

Ralph
10-12-2014, 04:27 PM
Committee is already under fire about whether or not two SEC teams should be in. I highly doubt they will allow 2 MS teams in.

Disagree here. If we both win out we both will still have most impressive resumes in country. While the scenario may be unlikely we both win out, I assure you if this happens both will get playoff bid if egg bowl winner also wins seccg.

Sacrifice
10-12-2014, 04:31 PM

Exactly, I have no confidence in this committee taking 2 sec teams. Say Baylor, FSU and State are all undefeated and ND, OK and OM have one loss. I'd be shocked if they picked OM over ND.

DawgPoundRock
10-12-2014, 04:55 PM
I'd rather pull for Ebola.

haha i laughed when i saw that

Quaoarsking
10-12-2014, 06:34 PM

What difference would it make whether it was 2 Mississippi teams or a Mississippi team and an Alabama team?

There's going to be at most 3 undefeated power conference teams: MSU/OM, ND/FSU, and Baylor. The fourth bid could go to a second SEC team, Oregon or another 1-loss Pac-12 team, or maybe Michigan State. But there's a pretty good chance the SEC gets 2 in, especially if Baylor or the ND/FSU winner loses a game.

Quaoarsking
10-12-2014, 06:36 PM
Exactly, I have no confidence in this committee taking 2 sec teams. Say Baylor, FSU and State are all undefeated and ND, OK and OM have one loss. I'd be shocked if they picked OM over ND.

I would be shocked if they picked Notre Dame. An 11-1 Notre Dame who lost to the only good team it played wouldn't have near the resume of an 11-1 Ole Miss with wins over Alabama, Auburn, Texas A&M, LSU, etc.

They might take Oklahoma in that case, but it would probably be Ole Miss. There's just no way to justify otherwise.

thunderclap
10-12-2014, 06:44 PM
Sorry, but no. It's crazy how quickly so many have forgotten they would bury us at first chance.

ETA: you realize they are already trying to tell our commits Dan is leaving?

Dawgcentral
10-12-2014, 07:21 PM
It always benefits MSU for TSUN to lose. They have enough to play for with us coming into Oxford. I want them to come in limping, physically and emotionally. We've got a long road ahead before we get there, but if we're playing for a trip the Hotlanta and their playing for a trip to the Outback Bowl, we have the edge.

Simply put, I want their hope eliminated before we arrive. Might not happen, but it's my hope.