PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning QB- We're Number 1 Edition

Coach34
10-12-2014, 10:37 AM
(This edition is written after watching the game from the Scoreboard Club and tending to Little34's #1 and #2 during the game)

1. I said it last night and I'll say it again this morning- I've waited all my life to say were are the best team in the country. And we are. We were up 21-0 on the #2 team in the country before they could blink. The game at that point was really over. Aubarn played their ass off and fought back some- but it was really over at that point. I knew there was no way in hell we were going to lose a 21 point lead. Not this football team.

2. GameDay was awesome. Chris Fowler had to address the crowd shortly before going on the air and said that this was by far the loudest Gameday they had ever had- and they may have to get the fans to tone it down just a little. How awesome is that? Not to mention, we had a current, relevant sports star alum as the guest picker. We didnt have to resort to begging for GameDay for 20 years and getting a pop singer who is only famous because she ****ed a comedian named Russell Brand. Excellent job by our fans- it was insane there.

3. A big shout out to Little34 #2. He is 3 years old and he was a trooper yesterday. We stopped at the Lodge and bought him his 1st cowbell- it had to be the white one because his brother's is maroon. Then, we had to park over a mile from the stadium due to the insane amount of people in Starkville and he walked most of the way to the tent. He tailgated- holding his new cowbell in his hand the whole time- he wouldnt give it up for one second. Then, he walked half the way to the stadium from the tailgate thru the crowd. He climbed the steps by himself to get to his seat, still clenching his new cowbell in that left hand. He stood there yelling, high-fiving people around him, and ringing that damn little cowbell until mid-4th Q when his tired, little body finally just went limp. It was easily one of the more impressive effort's of the day. You would have never thought it was his 1st game- he looked like a veteran.

4. The Scoreboard Club is awesome and came in handy with the rain. I urge everyone to watch a game from there if you get the chance sometime. It also gives you a great view of the game from behind.

5. It was hilarious to catch up with some old friends and hear them tell "Coach34 stories" about their RebelBearShark friends. Thanks for reading ****ers- and make sure to click an ad.

6. I was shocked to see that we only threw 35 passes yesterday. Sitting there at the game it felt like we threw 55 passes and ran the ball about 15 times. I have to watch the replay when I get home to check some things- but I was not happy with the playcalling yesterday. We were wayyyy too impatient with the offense. But in Mullen's defense, they were stemming a good bit and sliding the Safeties up in the box- daring us to throw it. Sometimes though- you have to just remember who you are and do it anyway. Not Crooms hardheaded level- but stubborn enough to impose your will and not be impatient

7. Aubarn's DL is pretty good. They gave us some problems. On some of our runs we were releasing some guys a little early on the zone plays before the next guy had gotten leverage. We had some confusion upfront. But I will say it's great to watch a guy like Beckwith. He pulled left on one play and got up in the hole- he immediately looked inside as he is taught to do to look for the Mike- who wasnt there. So he quickly turned his head outside and just caught enough of the outside LB sliding in trying to make the play. That bump he got on the outside LB was just enough to spring the ball carrier for a big gain. I mention this because younger linemen wont think to look outside- they will stand there and think they just need to wait on someone to come from the middle as they are taught to do. Had Beckwith done that and not turned out block the outside LB- it would have just been a 3-4 yard gain and not a big play.

8. Bear Wilson is a man and a 3 year college player. We need to target him more. Big plays- throw it Wilson. 4th down- throw it to Wilson in space. That CB was overmatched on the big 4th down and all he could do was interfere. He is figuring it out and he is a load. The bigger the games get, the more targets he needs. He is a weapon.

9. Our 5 wide set is so much more dangerous now with Dakota in there as opposed to Tyler Russell. The pass threat makes it tough on the defense as it is- but now that we have the run threat that Prescott is- defenses are just put in a tough ass situation. Teams have to match-up with the WR's and also account for Dakota. What are you going to do? Go man underneath with a single safety- leaving 5 in the box so that Prescott runs it? Do you lock up man- no safety- and bring pressure???? If you do, that leaves Wilson 1 on 1 for big play potential. Not to mention pressure failing to get to Prescott and he splits the DL for a big run. I'm loving our 5-wide package right now- and it's only going to get better.

10. Our DL was gassed yesterday in the 4th Q. I saw PJ's ass just stand up and push a couple of times- he was spent. PJ played well and he played hard yesterday, dont get me wrong. But late in the 4th he had no legs hardly on a few plays. He wasnt the only one though. Our front battled all game long- but they got tired. Eulls is a glue guy. He wont ever put up big stats, but wecouldnt make it without him this year. He just does a good job. Lunch pail guy. Glad to see Preston get that sack finally on Marshall- he had been so close all day.

11. D did a great job of recognition. We actually diagnosed one play too well and Aubarn got about 30 yards when Marshall improvised on it. We are coached so well on D- and then we have coaches on the field like the Brown brothers, Hughes, Eulls....it's just fun to watch those guys.

12. Will Redmond was worth everything that happened. He made himself some money yesterday and climbed a round- maybe two in the draft. He was the difference alot of times. Just doing a great job of putting him on the other team's best WR and letting him work right now. Redmond vs Cooper is going to be a badass battle. I'm curious to see what Kiffin is going to try to do to get Redmond off of Cooper. Fun battle within the game to watch "game within the game" if you will.

13. Just a reminder- I said State by 10+ all week. And I hope everyone's weekend was as good as mine:

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?22751-C34-Teaser-of-the-Week-sponsored-by-Cecil-Newton&highlight=teaser

14. Offweek is here at a great time. 3 big game stretch- now we get time to heal and come off our high. We'll have time to do interviews but not pressed to get ready for our next opponent just yet. Things are going to get crazy after we dispose of Kentucky, UPig, and that little bunch from Tennessee. 9-0 headed to Bama for another GameDay and huge exposure. I cant wait. The He15man talk will just grow and grow leading up to that day.

15. Enjoy being the best team in the country Bulldogs- we deserve it. And we didnt even storm the field after the biggest win the state of Mississippi has ever seen. Act like you have been there before.

In Mullen We Trust,

C34

DudyDawg
10-12-2014, 10:51 AM
Coach, what do you think about is sending Jrob out wide sometimes when we go with 5 wide? Like it? Don't? What's the reasoning for that? I can't come to a conclusion on it

Political Hack
10-12-2014, 10:59 AM
Coach, what do you think about is sending Jrob out wide sometimes when we go with 5 wide? Like it? Don't? What's the reasoning for that? I can't come to a conclusion on it

I love seeing him and Mojo run out together, looking like a power package, and then going five wide. Puts a lot of pressure on their LBs to cover in space.

Coach34
10-12-2014, 11:09 AM
We motion JRob out mostly as a decoy to create a better match-up on one of the other guys. But JRob did a great job of catching the ball on the wheel yesterday. He is just short and that causes a smaller window to get the ball into when thrown down the field

tcdog70
10-12-2014, 11:15 AM
Looking forward to getting Tubby back. He is just a clutch gamer.

BeastMan
10-12-2014, 11:35 AM
Good stuff as always. I thought the secondary played its tail off yesterday. We saw a lot of the 1b safeties yesterday and I thought they played very well (Coman & Evans).

FlabLoser
10-12-2014, 11:43 AM
If we make #1, we could sit there a month before we are challenged again.

Speechless.

HoopsDawg
10-12-2014, 11:44 AM
Good stuff as always. I thought the secondary played its tail off yesterday. We saw a lot of the 1b safeties yesterday and I thought they played very well (Coman & Evans).

nm

Mutt the Hoople
10-12-2014, 11:52 AM
Auburn's D-backs were prepared for the back-shoulder throws. Dak needs to remember he has tall receivers who can jump. Put it up there where only our guys can catch it.

BeastMan
10-12-2014, 11:53 AM
I disagree on Evans. I'm not sold on his coverage ability. I agree with coach on Redmond. He played great. I told him so after the game.

It really depends on what you mean by coverage. Market and Cox sometimes have issues being in the right place. I'm pretty sure market blew that coverage on the Duke Williams TD. Hughes is always in the right place, I'm just nervous about his ability to make the play coming off the Achilles. Coman and Evans haven't been out of position much that I've noticed, they are great athletes, and they bring the lumber to WRs and in run support

HoopsDawg
10-12-2014, 11:58 AM
It really depends on what you mean by coverage. Market and Cox sometimes have issues being in the right place. I'm pretty sure market blew that coverage on the Duke Williams TD. Hughes is always in the right place, I'm just nervous about his ability to make the play coming off the Achilles. Coman and Evans haven't been out of position much that I've noticed, they are great athletes, and they bring the lumber to WRs and in run support

Evans got toasted yesterday, we were very fortunate the kid dropped the ball. I like Cox and Hughes at S in passing situations.

DudyDawg
10-12-2014, 11:59 AM
Coman and Evans have been really valuable in the red zone and against the run. They may be average at best right now in coverage (both are still just sophomores i think) but rarely miss a tackle. Coman met the running back in the hole 2 or 3 times by himself yesterday and made the tackle alone

Smitty
10-12-2014, 12:02 PM
We cant rely strictly on back shoulder down the sideline or they will obviously expose it (duh). A few stop and go's will make that CB bite and give us an easy score

Todd4State
10-12-2014, 12:26 PM
It is awesome to be number one. I never thought I would ever see this, but it's happening.

If teams keep stacking the box against us, we are going to burn them with the pass. Especially when Jameon comes back. I do agree that we should have run the ball more than we did. For some reason Dan seems to get cuter than normal when we play Auburn- I guess he wants to impress Mahlzahn or something. The fake punt was questionable- even if it worked. Also, we had 3rd and 1 at the 2 and instead of Dak or Josh running straight ahead, it looked like we were trying to run the Tebow jump pass and it failed. That probably cost us four points as well as some time off of the clock, which was valuable at that time.

Malcolm Johnson had a heck of a game. And what about Quadry Antoine with the Nikoe drill forced fumble on the KO return that allowed us to get a cushion on Auburn? That was a huge play.

I think our defense is going to assert itself going forward because instead of playing a bunch of HUNH teams, we get to play more conventional teams for the most part.

shoeless joe
10-12-2014, 12:30 PM
We cant rely strictly on back shoulder down the sideline or they will obviously expose it (duh). A few stop and go's will make that CB bite and give us an easy score

This is correct. But the first pick was all on dak. RoJo had the DB beat. When that's the case the ball should be thrown out from of the reciever. Back shoulder is for when they are even.

Coach34
10-12-2014, 07:21 PM
bump

Dawgcentral
10-12-2014, 07:31 PM
Auburn sniffed out the jump pass. The fake punt was boneheaded to say the least, but the D bailed us out. The back shoulder pass will continue to be a success, but we have to be on the same page when we have it in mind.

Never seen so may offensive weapons on an MSU team. Never seen such great play calling. The combination with discipline and proper film study has elevated our play to the Elite.

We've yet to play our best game.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-12-2014, 07:44 PM
The only thing I wish I could change right now would be that Jack was still here and calling these games. Could you imagine his description of this special time?

Percho
10-12-2014, 09:35 PM

Comments from all who saw it.

Late in the game, I will have to watch replay for exactly when, went 5 wide and brought Jrob in motion and Dak ran the ball. As I was watching I could tell that Jrob would be unaccounted for and he was only if Day had thrown him the ball.