PDA

View Full Version : Embracing Who we Are

BrunswickDawg
10-12-2014, 07:30 AM
I know this may get blasted, and not everyone agrees, but I love that we are embracing the "negative" things people have called us over the years - StarkVegas? Meant as a slap, we now use it on our shoes. Cowbell hell? Damn right it is! And now you really should fear it because we have finally figured out how to use it. Bunch of cows and pastures? Damn straight, we grow your food and take care of your froo froo dog, so stfu and pay your bill.

MetEdDawg
10-12-2014, 07:46 AM
I think the big thing I like is that we are seriously promoting and embracing the family environment. Mullen goes out and hugs and kisses his wife, does post game interviews on the field holding his kid. Hugging Dak Prescott and other players. Although we treat it like business, we also always seem to wrap that family atmosphere into everything we do.

We've all but been called the land of misfit toys. 2 and 3 stars nobody wanted. A town people say is unquestionably the worst in the conference. Guys that had no college option except us. But what we've done is turn that into a giant family with a huge ass chip on our shoulder and are taking it out on the college football world.

BrunswickDawg
10-12-2014, 08:26 AM
+1 Met

gravedigger
10-12-2014, 08:57 AM
To non state fans Starkville is relatively bad in direct proportion to how chapped their ass is when they lose.

To state fans who lived here only during their education Starkville is relatively bad in direct proportion to the number of cool places to buy alcohol. By cool I mean how many of those places accepted a fake iD

To those of us who grew up here for any period of time and those of us that still do, we are as worried about those who don't like it as state fans are of Danny kannel's opinion of msu's ranking. It does get tiresome hearing it from our own fans though.

DLGDawg
10-12-2014, 09:11 AM
Good stuff Met.
Just like to add that....we are adding more and more players each year that embrace that same "family atmosphere/bust your tail and work hard" attitude that we had to battle the whole sec for.

IMissJack
10-12-2014, 02:15 PM
Absolutely agree. When I moved to TX 20 years ago, it was noticeable to me that A&M embraced their Ag heritage as a badge of honor, more than MSU did in public. Yesterday a Jersey milk cow was used to explain the cowbell to the nation. Who cares, it's OUR history, it's most of America's history, deal with it.