PDA

View Full Version : Going forward

msstate7
10-12-2014, 07:04 AM
Here's what I want to see from us in the next few weeks:

1. Clean up in the secondary. We're still letting some guys get open. We're getting better though. Good news is that we just faced the best pair of wr's we'll see this year IMO.

2. Get lewis healthy. I love myles and graham, but neither are lewis right now. I want to have a mix of all, but we need lewis on 3rd downs to be the best team we can be.

3. JRob is the man. Need a #2 to emerge. We've got 3 winnable games that I hope a clear #2 comes to the top.

4. Get Sobiesk some FG attempts in these next 3 games. I want him confident going into bama.

5. No more fake punts!

I love this team.

steeldawg
10-12-2014, 08:16 AM
We have a very good secondary. Greg McElroy pointed out last night that the ONLY throws we gave them were throws outside the numbers, a handful of intermediate type throws (not many at all), and Nick Marshall scrambling to make things happen (good for him). We gave them absolutely NOTHING over the middle of the field... and that's where they like to go. They were hitting throws outside the numbers because Nick Marshall was putting them right where he needed to... and we were still able to knock some down. I thought our secondary played as well yesterday as they have all season.

ShotgunDawg
10-12-2014, 08:23 AM
Our secondary is outstanding at tackling

Ralph
10-12-2014, 09:14 AM
The secondary played a great game. Cant remember a time where coverage was completely blown and on some of of the longer passing plays they were in great position, just a better pass.

msstate7
10-12-2014, 09:15 AM
The secondary played a great game. Cant remember a time where coverage was completely blown and on some of of the longer passing plays they were in great position, just a better pass.

The first td pass was a busted coverage. He was wide open

Ralph
10-12-2014, 09:34 AM
The first td pass was a busted coverage. He was wide open

Ill have to re-watch, but didnt Williams split the zone coverage on first td? Little different than blown coverage.

Jack Lambert
10-12-2014, 09:39 AM
The secondary is getting better every game. By the time we get to Alabama they are going to be good.

msstate7
10-12-2014, 09:40 AM
Ill have to re-watch, but didnt Williams split the zone coverage on first td? Little different than blown coverage.

Could've been the case, but 2 guys side by side underneath him doesn't seem like a sound coverage though

CadaverDawg
10-12-2014, 09:48 AM

No, it was a blown coverage. I think it was Market that blew it. But it was definitely a blown coverage. They broke it down on replay

Ralph
10-12-2014, 10:00 AM
No, it was a blown coverage. I think it was Market that blew it. But it was definitely a blown coverage. They broke it down on replay

Didnt watch the replay breakdown was going off memory. I digress.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-12-2014, 10:09 AM
I just want to see our punt returner run away from punts that hit the ground, i will gladly give up some field position instead of giving up the ball.