PDA

View Full Version : Worth a read...

AlmostPositive
10-11-2014, 11:52 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/24749008/after-mississippi-states-biggest-win-can-bulldogs-keep-dan-mullen

Charlie_Sheen420
10-12-2014, 12:20 AM
Just more people trying to stir and start crap

Liverpooldawg
10-12-2014, 12:21 AM
I don't think he is going anywhere unless Penn State comes hard after him. Even then we have a decent chance of keeping him. He could be our Bear, for real in every way, let that sink in. If he does ever leave then I will salute him and wish him well. This job will never be looked at in the same light again. You CAN do it here!

BossDawg
10-12-2014, 12:44 AM
What pisses me off is the ammo it gives other programs. "You know Mullen won't be there next year..blah blah blah." Like where he said he's already getting it from recruits. Damn, this crap is so bittersweet, I'm not sure if it's adding years to my life or taking some away.

IMissJack
10-12-2014, 12:52 AM
The difference in Meyer leaving Utah is that he bolted to an SEC school. Mullen is already in the SEC (most prestigious conf.). That being said, of course we know that there are schools that can offer more money, but who knows. I want Dan to stay but if he leaves, MSU is in the best position it has ever been in facility wise and money wise. There are plenty of coaches that would kill to be at an SEC program with the opportunity to make an SEC salary.

Liverpooldawg
10-12-2014, 01:08 AM
Actually it's a new day. There really aren't that many places that can offer more than we can. Let THAT sink in. If Dan does it here he is a legend, and not just here. At the few places that can out bid us, if he does it there. he is just another good coach.

I seen it dawg
10-12-2014, 07:49 AM
This is so ****ing stupid. I'm about to start banning people for starting Mullen leaving threads, posting articles about it, or any other stupid shit. It's as asinine as wanting the bears to win games. It's not news worthy or discussion worthy.

ShotgunDawg
10-12-2014, 08:17 AM
I don't like the title of the article, but the article itself was pretty balanced. The main quote to look at in this article is Keenum's, "We will hold on to him"

There is resolve and absoluteness in that quote. We will not be out paid, and we will do everything humanly possible to make sure that Dan Mullen never leaves Starkville, MS.

Personally, I think that will be enough. The tide and recruiting of college football has changed. We have a big stadium now, great facilities, and have been seemingly able to attract top talent, even the though the recruiting rankings don't agree.

Keenum's quote made be feel much better.

Ralph
10-12-2014, 09:55 AM
Why leave the potential #1 program in the country to go rebuild a former powerhouse?

Dan can be the next great coach at (insert former powerhouse), or be the only coach anyone will ever remember at MSU.

Barking 13
10-12-2014, 10:17 PM
haven't seen any Huddites lately...lol

I seen it dawg
10-13-2014, 12:29 PM
Done with this troll shit