PDA

View Full Version : Interesting tweet from Hugh Kellenberger

M.Fillmore
10-11-2014, 10:54 PM
Hugh Kellenberger ✔ @HKellenbergerCL
Legitimate question at this point: has Ole Miss done enough to leapfrog Florida State as well and be No. 2 tomorrow?

I guess ole Hugh is presupposing that we pass Fla State for No 1.

Quaoarsking
10-11-2014, 10:57 PM
I think it's a foregone conclusion that we're going to be #1.

I also think it's pretty likely that Ole Miss is #2.

Smitty
10-11-2014, 11:01 PM
I think it's a foregone conclusion that we're going to be #1.

I also think it's pretty likely that Ole Miss is #2.

Still haven't wrapped my head around this.. I mean this just doesn't happen.

SDDawg
10-11-2014, 11:06 PM
If Ole Miss is #2 the whole thing is suspect. They looked RATTLED against Boise State and Memphis had them on the ropes at several points in the game. They BARELY beat Bama, and Bama is clearly not what we thought they were. I'm sorry, but they should NOT jump FSU at this point. Sorry.

Intramural All-American
10-11-2014, 11:21 PM
If Ole Miss is #2 the whole thing is suspect. They looked RATTLED against Boise State and Memphis had them on the ropes at several points in the game. They BARELY beat Bama, and Bama is clearly not what we thought they were. I'm sorry, but they should NOT jump FSU at this point. Sorry.

I just don't understand this comment. Take off the maroon glasses. Ole Miss is a dang good team and they have proven it the past two weeks. Florida State has not looked near as good as either of us.

ShotgunDawg
10-11-2014, 11:24 PM
Ole Miss should be #2 but I'm not sure they will be.

I think MSU will be #1, but there is still a lot of non-SEC media that doesn't believe FSU should fall when they are the defending National Champions, and haven't lost.

KB21
10-11-2014, 11:25 PM
As bad as I hate to say it, Ole Miss does have a very good football team, and they are firing on all cylinders right now.

The good thing is, WE have yet to fire on all cylinders. WE just beat a great Auburn team after turning the ball over 4 times.

Coach34
10-11-2014, 11:41 PM
Ole Missus might be the 2nd best team in the SEC it appears. They have Aubarn in in 3 weeks to find out

M.Fillmore
10-11-2014, 11:43 PM
Another great tweet!
Joey Jones @joeyjones3
This is the first time Ole Miss has defeated top-25 teams in consecutive weeks in school history. #HottyToddy

Hey Bears, you are having your greatest season ever. Congratulations! Come back when you beat three Top 10 teams in consecutive weeks.

Coach34
10-11-2014, 11:47 PM
Kellenberger:

http://coolinterviews.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/featured-downs-syndrome.jpg?w=980&h=520&crop=1

hells bells
10-11-2014, 11:56 PM
Kellenberger:

http://coolinterviews.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/featured-downs-syndrome.jpg?w=980&h=520&crop=1

With all the commentary being how bad Mississippi as a whole is a depressing place to be who knows? The CBS short film before the game said it all. Mississippi as a state, best at worst, worst at best.

IMissJack
10-12-2014, 12:05 AM
That tells you how bad Vaught's schedule was.

Maroonandwhite
10-12-2014, 06:44 AM
With all the commentary being how bad Mississippi as a whole is a depressing place to be who knows? The CBS short film before the game said it all. Mississippi as a state, best at worst, worst at best.

I'm so sick of Wright Thompson and his commentary. I know many gush over him; but, enough with the rusted farm equipment and abandoned barns in tv spots. The State of MS needs a story prior to games about all the steps forward. It's fine to reference the past. But dang, the old MS is just that. Things are really changing statewide. If Ole Miss wants to reminisce about old times not forgotten, let'em.
My hope is that the networks will find a non-straw hat, sear-sucker wearing, blow hard to give commentary on my home state and university.

Maroonthirteen
10-12-2014, 07:02 AM
Guys, OM was impressive last night. They are legit. Just like them vs Memphis, we look pedestrian vs uab. The Egg Bowl this year could be for all the sec marbles. If each team keep playing to its potential. I can't believe what I just heard and saw on CFB Final. State #1 and OM #2 in their final four. Then Lou says the loser of the egg bowl could get in as the #4? Wow!

FSU will remain #1 because they are the defending champs. But who cares. As Dan said, we still have work to do.

Schultzy
10-12-2014, 07:51 AM
Loser of the egg bowl could get in the final four - incredible.

yjnkdawg
10-12-2014, 11:29 AM
Hugh Kellenberger ✔ @HKellenbergerCL
Legitimate question at this point: has Ole Miss done enough to leapfrog Florida State as well and be No. 2 tomorrow?

I guess ole Hugh is presupposing that we pass Fla State for No 1.

Kellenberger said in his CL article that MSU and OM were the two best teams in the country.

Intramural All-American
10-12-2014, 11:32 AM
Kellenberger said in his CL article that MSU and OM were the two best teams in the country.

Based on what I've seen, I agree.

Mutt the Hoople
10-12-2014, 11:33 AM
There was once a report that, if you took away 18 counties in the Delta, Mississippi would be in the middle in every category.

yjnkdawg
10-12-2014, 11:35 AM
Ole Miss should be #2 but I'm not sure they will be.

I think MSU will be #1, but there is still a lot of non-SEC media that doesn't believe FSU should fall when they are the defending National Champions, and haven't lost.

You know this thing about because "they are the defending National Champions", should not even be considered. That means nothing as far as this season. If an AP voter uses that philosphy and not on a team's resume for this year's accomplishements, then they should not be allowed to have a vote. As one or maybe more football analysts said yesterday if you compare MSU and FSU's resumes and you don't pick MSU as No. 1 then something is wrong.

Political Hack
10-12-2014, 11:53 AM
There was once a report that, if you took away 18 counties in the Delta, Mississippi would be in the middle in every category.

per capita income and education levels would be he same as Virginias.

Smitty
10-12-2014, 12:05 PM
Loser of the egg bowl could get in the final four - incredible.

Hell yeah beating them twice is double the fun

blacklistedbully
10-12-2014, 12:16 PM
Kellenberger:

C'mon Coach. Is that really necessary? I think HK is a complete moron, but I have to say it's in poor taste to use a mentally handicapped person as a punchline. I know a lot of those folks, and have yet to meet one that wasn't a particularly good person, perhaps because they're not built to be a-holes, or perhaps because they tend to have been raised by people that have shown them such love and compassion.

I know I might get blasted for this, but I grew up near a school for the mentally handicapped and saw, "normal" kids go by their school every day hurling insults, etc. It's bullying those less fortunate. I know it's not your intent to bully mentally retarded folks, but using one, as you have in this attempt to insult HK is a little insulting to the young man in the pic, and by association, other mentally handicapped people.

Please consider deleting this one.

shoeless joe
10-12-2014, 12:48 PM
C'mon Coach. Is that really necessary? I think HK is a complete moron, but I have to say it's in poor taste to use a mentally handicapped person as a punchline. I know a lot of those folks, and have yet to meet one that wasn't a particularly good person, perhaps because they're not built to be a-holes, or perhaps because they tend to have been raised by people that have shown them such love and compassion.

I know I might get blasted for this, but I grew up near a school for the mentally handicapped and saw, "normal" kids go by their school every day hurling insults, etc. It's bullying those less fortunate. I know it's not your intent to bully mentally retarded folks, but using one, as you have in this attempt to insult HK is a little insulting to the young man in the pic, and by association, other mentally handicapped people.

Please consider deleting this one.

+1

M.Fillmore
10-12-2014, 01:03 PM
per capita income and education levels would be he same as Virginias.

If anyone has a link to this info, I'd love to see it.

sandwolf
10-12-2014, 04:17 PM
If anyone has a link to this info, I'd love to see it.

Likewise.