PDA

View Full Version : Aggies have no clue on defense

coastdoglover
10-11-2014, 08:43 PM
Looks like we are going to have to win out to go to title game.

IMissJack
10-11-2014, 08:45 PM
Better hold on to Collins...They will be looking...

Dawghouse
10-11-2014, 08:59 PM
Ok, I'm giving in and admitting, Ole Miss is for real. This year's Egg Bowl is going to be epic.

GreenheadDawg
OM is very good. But so are we

I seen it dawg
And we broke AM. They won't beat Auburn.

BossDawg
10-11-2014, 09:25 PM
I'm not sure why but I'm still not sold on OM. I mean, we saw tonight that Bama isn't anything special. They just seem to get hot for about a quarter on offense and other than that I think their defense is okay but it can be picked apart with a good game plan. I just dread hearing how much better their win over TAMU was than ours if they hang in there.

MetEdDawg
10-11-2014, 09:36 PM
I think the SEC West is not as good as advertised. TAMU isn't good. LSU has lost too many players over the last two years not to feel the effects. Arkansas is rebuilding. Auburn is good. Bama is mediocre for Bama standards and they are replacing a lot as well. I think we are the most complete team in the SEC, but playing Bama and OM on the road is a killer.

Don't get me wrong, I think we've more than proven ourselves. But we are seeing LSU and TAMU's true colors and they aren't very pretty. But we are for damn sure the real deal. I'm just not sure LSU or TAMU are.

State82
10-11-2014, 09:42 PM
I'm not sure why but I'm still not sold on OM. I mean, we saw tonight that Bama isn't anything special. They just seem to get hot for about a quarter on offense and other than that I think their defense is okay but it can be picked apart with a good game plan. I just dread hearing how much better their win over TAMU was than ours if they hang in there.

Their defense is better than just ok. It's as good as I've seen this year.

chainedup_Dawg
10-11-2014, 09:47 PM
I watched all of the Bama game, they looked awful. If we played them next week we'd skull drag them

CadaverDawg
10-11-2014, 09:48 PM
Their defense is better than just ok. It's as good as I've seen this year.

I agree. They have the best defense I have seen this season. They play downhill and aggressive. I haven't really seen a good way to attack it yet.

MetEdDawg
10-11-2014, 09:53 PM
I agree. They have the best defense I have seen this season. They play downhill and aggressive. I haven't really seen a good way to attack it yet.

You have to run effectively and get their safeties to get close to the line of scrimmage so you can beat them over the top. Their secondary is very good and they play very close to the line of scrimmage and tee off on those short and intermediate routes. If you can run successfully on that you can lift that lid on them over the top.

And things that are slow and drawn out don't work. You can use their aggressiveness against them with the option and with misdirection/counters, but some of the long developing play action stuff they are too quick for. We will have to be very deliberate in what we do on offense to beat them.

They better enjoy this though. I counted on their two deep and they will graduate 25+ players over the next two years and will most likely lose Treadwell, Nkemdiche, and Tunsil after next year. Connor is a possible loss too. So they could potentially lose 28-29 players from their two deep the next two years. That's tough to recover from.

Dawgowar
10-11-2014, 10:01 PM
You have to run effectively and get their safeties to get close to the line of scrimmage so you can beat them over the top. Their secondary is very good and they play very close to the line of scrimmage and tee off on those short and intermediate routes. If you can run successfully on that you can lift that lid on them over the top.

And things that are slow and drawn out don't work. You can use their aggressiveness against them with the option and with misdirection/counters, but some of the long developing play action stuff they are too quick for. We will have to be very deliberate in what we do on offense to beat them.

They better enjoy this though. I counted on their two deep and they will graduate 20+ players over the next two years and will most likely lose Treadwell, Nkemdiche, and Tunsil after next year. Connor is a possible loss too. So they could potentially lose 24 players from their two deep the next two years. That's tough to recover from.

They are another obstacle and I respect their will to want to beat us. They have talent. Hope we play well the next six and get a one game or better cushion prior to that game. The rivalry is pressure enough. We have a team that plays in control of themselves with an attitude that expects to win. Our coach owns them.

Besides, in six games a lot can change. Not going to lose sleep over the Egg Bowl until it is upon us, if then.

Great set of issues to deal with now huh? Loving it.

IMissJack
10-11-2014, 10:40 PM
I really do not know of any Sumlin team at Houston or A&M that the D was any good. This is strange since he was a LB in college, and he is such a good OC.

Liverpooldawg
10-11-2014, 10:53 PM
I think the SEC West is not as good as advertised. TAMU isn't good. LSU has lost too many players over the last two years not to feel the effects. Arkansas is rebuilding. Auburn is good. Bama is mediocre for Bama standards and they are replacing a lot as well. I think we are the most complete team in the SEC, but playing Bama and OM on the road is a killer.

Don't get me wrong, I think we've more than proven ourselves. But we are seeing LSU and TAMU's true colors and they aren't very pretty. But we are for damn sure the real deal. I'm just not sure LSU or TAMU are.
I still don't think a West team has lost to anyone outside the West. We are for real. The damn Bears are for real. Don't think for a minute Auburn isn't for real. Bama, The Swine, LSU, and A&M would be at or near the top in any other conference this year. Just because MSU and UM are at the top doesn't mean it's down.

Jack Lambert
10-11-2014, 11:28 PM
Thier offense only scored 21 points and I thought I heard the anouncers say that A & M had more yards then Ole Miss. Could end up being wrong on both.

Jack Lambert
10-11-2014, 11:30 PM
I said it two years ago on another board and I think I have said it hear, Sumerlin is not a good coach. He can't win without a NFL QB and he does not have one now.