PDA

View Full Version : Gary Danielson is a ****ing idiot

AlSwearengen
10-11-2014, 05:05 PM
if that is his name. Taveze was in the receivers hip pocket until he pushed off and all of a sudden there is a yard of separation. Why do the worst announcers have the best jobs?

coastdoglover
10-11-2014, 05:09 PM
V ern cant remember whether Wilson is Wilson or Williams. Danielson is pulling for Auburn

dogshiek
10-11-2014, 06:46 PM
Vern said Jim Ellis an Ole Miss announcer. He needs to go to the house.

TXDawg
10-11-2014, 07:10 PM
Vern said Jim Ellis an Ole Miss announcer. He needs to go to the house.

Dan needs to say something in the media this week about how Mississippi State and Ole Miss are different teams**

dogshiek
10-11-2014, 07:14 PM
Dan will NEVER say Ole Miss.

AlmostPositive
10-11-2014, 07:23 PM
Danielson harped on the "questionable" offensive interference call a half dozen times. I can only suggest he check with both the rule book and an ophthamologist.

I seen it dawg
10-11-2014, 07:29 PM
They have been beyond horrible for a long time.

NBdawg17
10-11-2014, 07:35 PM
Perception is that playing the 230 CBS is a badge of honor. If those 2 never call another one of our games I'll be happy

DawgPoundtheRock
10-11-2014, 07:51 PM
Even my daughter, GA fan, said the announcers were biased toward AU

chainedup_Dawg
10-11-2014, 08:32 PM
Vern is an old family friend of mine but I'd love to throat punch him tonight

TopDog58
10-11-2014, 08:49 PM
17 Verne and Gary. Cbs is a joke

I seen it dawg
10-11-2014, 08:51 PM
Verne is a fn lush. And Gary is dogshit as an analyst.

Hwy78dawg
10-11-2014, 09:00 PM
They were both horrible, I could not watch them after halftime. I just rode around and listened to the radio. I felt like we were losing the game at the half based on their commentary.

Dawg61
10-11-2014, 09:06 PM
Verne is the worst because he fu@ks up a player's name every 30 seconds. It's brutally obvious he needs to just be a fan and not an announcer anymore. Danielson is just a prick.

State82
10-11-2014, 09:21 PM
They are probably the worst team in big time broadcasting. They have no awareness of what is actually happening on the field. The number of mistakes they make is inexcusable at this level.

aerodawg
10-11-2014, 10:39 PM
if that is his name. Taveze was in the receivers hip pocket until he pushed off and all of a sudden there is a yard of separation. Why do the worst announcers have the best jobs?

This seems like the thread to insert my biggest problem with the commentators this game. How classless and insensitive is it for Gary Danielson to flat out say that Mullen doesn't love his kicker. I mean regardless if Mullen actually said that or not, its pretty unprofessional to say a thing like that on national television not once but twice. I mean how would anyone feel hearing someone said their coach doesn't love them as a kicker regardless of the situation. He can blow me and I hope we never have another game with them calling it again.

Todd4State
10-12-2014, 12:13 AM
This seems like the thread to insert my biggest problem with the commentators this game. How classless and insensitive is it for Gary Danielson to flat out say that Mullen doesn't love his kicker. I mean regardless if Mullen actually said that or not, its pretty unprofessional to say a thing like that on national television not once but twice. I mean how would anyone feel hearing someone said their coach doesn't love them as a kicker regardless of the situation. He can blow me and I hope we never have another game with them calling it again.

WHAT? I would demand an apology for that if I was Dan.

Mutt the Hoople
10-12-2014, 05:35 AM
Didn't Gary Danielson lose his QB job to Eric Hipple?

basedog
10-12-2014, 08:39 AM
They may suck but who cares? I was at the game and all I got was MORE COWBELLS! #HailState!

msstate7
10-12-2014, 08:44 AM
Cbs should be after ron Franklin

BeastMan
10-12-2014, 10:11 AM
I absolutely hate Gary and Vern called games. They suck. I do have to disagree with the op because that offensive pi call was an awful call. We caught a big break with that one. I did think we had a make-up call coming from 2 missed defensive pi's in the first half with the first pass to Gabe being the worst. All in all, pretty well called game

Ralph
10-12-2014, 10:14 AM
I was annoyed with how Gary kept calling it karma rather than giving us credit. Its like on every replay review he was surprised when he couldn't figure out a way to make it go in auburns favor. Just karma, not great coaching and great players. Dick.

1bigdawg
10-12-2014, 10:18 AM
I do have to disagree with the op because that offensive pi call was an awful call. We caught a big break with that one.

Beast, watch the replay when you get a chance. When I saw the first replay before I knew a flag was thrown, I told my wife it was offensive pass interference, but those are just the breaks. The push off definitely gave him the separation needed to catch the ball.

BeastMan
10-12-2014, 11:27 AM
Beast, watch the replay when you get a chance. When I saw the first replay before I knew a flag was thrown, I told my wife it was offensive pass interference, but those are just the breaks. The push off definitely gave him the separation needed to catch the ball.

I thought it was normal arm jostling and wasn't that bad. Actually, Calhoun was the initiator and Coates pushed his arm off. That's when the separation came and that's why the official called it. But this is the thing, Coates didn't get separation b/c of the arm push. He got separation b/c he's a 4.4 guy and Calhoun is a 4.6-4.7 guy. Like I said, I think it was a make-up call.

DancingRabbit
10-12-2014, 12:58 PM
I thought it was normal arm jostling and wasn't that bad. Actually, Calhoun was the initiator and Coates pushed his arm off. That's when the separation came and that's why the official called it. But this is the thing, Coates didn't get separation b/c of the arm push. He got separation b/c he's a 4.4 guy and Calhoun is a 4.6-4.7 guy. Like I said, I think it was a make-up call.

Whether it's exactly as the rule is intended to be, when you see the offensive player extend his arm straight out and separation occurs just before the pass arrives, offensive PI will get called more often than not. If the offensive player can use his forearm, elbow, shoulder or hip to create separation it will never be called. Extend the arm straight out and you're asking for the PI call.

aerodawg
10-12-2014, 12:59 PM

Not sure if we saw the replay but Calhoun was stride for stride with him on that play until the receiver initiated contact. Calhoun did not put his hands on Coates until Coates' hand was in Calhoun's chest and then he tried to sweep Coates' hand off. Should definitely check it out again because Calhoun was definitely stride for stride with him until Coates arm extended and also notice the ref's perfect view and immediate reaction on the play.

IMissJack
10-12-2014, 01:51 PM
I do not care either way. We have gotten the raw end of officiating many times in the past. Deal with it Aubie, like we have. BTW it should have been PI on AU the first play of the game.

BeastMan
10-12-2014, 02:41 PM
Not sure if we saw the replay but Calhoun was stride for stride with him on that play until the receiver initiated contact. Calhoun did not put his hands on Coates until Coates' hand was in Calhoun's chest and then he tried to sweep Coates' hand off. Should definitely check it out again because Calhoun was definitely stride for stride with him until Coates arm extended and also notice the ref's perfect view and immediate reaction on the play.

I rewind it multiple times. It was a terrible pi call. I think it was a make-up. Calhoun can't run step for step with Coates. That's not a shot at Calhoun either, Coates has elite speed. Look, I'm glad we got the break. We deserve one after the years and years of screw jobs. The fact is that was an awful call and the stadium and this board would have exploded had the show been on the other foot. As a biased fan, I'm glad they called it but as a rational football person, it was an awful call.

shoeless joe
10-12-2014, 02:41 PM
I just watched the game on DVR and after reading this thread I was prepared to be pissed at the commentators...but never did. I didn't feel like they slighted us anymore than any other team. I think danielson calls it like he sees it, him and Verne just get a little goofy at times.

We caught a couple breaks but had some calls go against us as well. Too many times in the last we've had to beat the other team and the refs. Finally yesterday that wasn't the case.

BeastMan
10-12-2014, 02:44 PM
I do not care either way. We have gotten the raw end of officiating many times in the past. Deal with it Aubie, like we have. BTW it should have been PI on AU the first play of the game.

We agree 100%

aerodawg
10-12-2014, 03:51 PM
I rewind it multiple times. It was a terrible pi call. I think it was a make-up. Calhoun can't run step for step with Coates. That's not a shot at Calhoun either, Coates has elite speed. Look, I'm glad we got the break. We deserve one after the years and years of screw jobs. The fact is that was an awful call and the stadium and this board would have exploded had the show been on the other foot. As a biased fan, I'm glad they called it but as a rational football person, it was an awful call.

I guess we will agree to disagree. I just don't see how running stride for stride with him for about twenty yards and then magically losing a yard on him over two steps coincidentally when Coates hand was on his chest is getting burnt.

AlmostPositive
10-12-2014, 04:34 PM
I guess we will agree to disagree. I just don't see how running stride for stride with him for about twenty yards and then magically losing a yard on him over two steps coincidentally when Coates hand was on his chest is getting burnt.

Coates pushed off and gained a clear advantage from doing so. Whether or not similar things go uncalled sometimes is another issue.

HoopsDawg
10-12-2014, 04:52 PM
I just watched the game on DVR and after reading this thread I was prepared to be pissed at the commentators...but never did. I didn't feel like they slighted us anymore than any other team. I think danielson calls it like he sees it, him and Verne just get a little goofy at times.

We caught a couple breaks but had some calls go against us as well. Too many times in the last we've had to beat the other team and the refs. Finally yesterday that wasn't the case.

Just message board fans being message board fans.

msstate7
10-12-2014, 04:53 PM

Exactly. The ref was RIGHT there too.

msstate7
10-12-2014, 04:56 PM

So if Coates can run off and leave Calhoun, why did he even bother to put his arm back on him?

TheRef
10-12-2014, 05:03 PM
Exactly. The ref was RIGHT there too.

You're damn right I was!

Dawgcentral
10-12-2014, 05:28 PM
Tried to be objective in looking at it multiple times. Coates extended his arm against the chest of the defender, and Calhoun brushed Coates arm away with his left. Coates gained the advantage by pushing off. Only way I can see it.

msstate7
10-12-2014, 07:14 PM
Coates on the 2 calls against him:

"Those are good calls, they're just mistakes I made on both of them," Coates said. "I've just got to learn from them."

Coates says he interfered, but auburn and state fans say he didn't

BeastMan
10-12-2014, 07:34 PM
Here's the replay. I've literally watched it 25 times. Make no mistake, I'm happy MSU got the call. But if you honestly think this is offensive pass interference, I can never trust your objectivity http://youtu.be/nOPTl-tgF-o

ETA- its a series of 3 plays. Coates play is the 2nd. Also funny to hear the auburn radio guys

Dawgcentral
10-12-2014, 07:46 PM
Same thing I've seen before. Coates extends his right arm to create distance. Calhoun swipes it away with his left while the gap is increased by Coate's action.

I give you the fact that this isn't always called as an infraction. But according to the rule, it's a penalty.

msstate7
10-12-2014, 07:47 PM
Here's the replay. I've literally watched it 25 times. Make no mistake, I'm happy MSU got the call. But if you honestly think this is offensive pass interference, I can never trust your objectivity http://youtu.be/nOPTl-tgF-o

ETA- its a series of 3 plays. Coates play is the 2nd. Also funny to hear the auburn radio guys
Fully extended arm created separation.

Pollodawg
10-12-2014, 09:29 PM
If any karma was involved, it was us breaking even for Vick Ballard breaking the plane in 2011 and the awful first down they gave Auburn when you could clearly see daylight between the ball and marker that same game.