PDA

View Full Version : Hookem Horns... 13-17 vs Okie....

TUSK
10-11-2014, 12:33 PM
we need Okie to lose another...

edit... Texas is taking it to em too... the score isn't indicative...

CadaverDawg
10-11-2014, 12:34 PM
Yep. Tusk, what does Bama nation feel about our matchup with Auburn?

TUSK
10-11-2014, 12:43 PM
my conversations have been limited, but I'd say the major question is how MSU will deal with Sammie Coates & Duke Williams... They also have a really good RB, as well.

MSU can't afford to get behind early, IMO.

Most of the money this side of Starkville is on AU layin' the points.

(I realize NONE of that was groundbreaking)...

CadaverDawg
10-11-2014, 01:00 PM
my conversations have been limited, but I'd say the major question is how MSU will deal with Sammie Coates & Duke Williams... They also have a really good RB, as well.

MSU can't afford to get behind early, IMO.

Most of the money this side of Starkville is on AU layin' the points.

(I realize NONE of that was groundbreaking)...

All valid points and valid questions. I'm biased, but I try to be realistic as well. My biggest concern is Coates and Williams one on one, BUT at the same time I also think people are blowing our "secondary issues" WAY out of proportion. Many want to bring up UAB, but that was a fluke and most of it happened against our second string defense, so I don't see our secondary being bad.

Against A&M, I thought our gameplan was perfect to keep everything in front of us, no Homeruns. Against Auburn, I don't think you can do that because they will take the short stuff all day long. I think vs Auburn we have to try and take away the run and force Marshall to beat us through the air. At that point, we have to hope that our DB's are what we think they are, not what people who watched the UAB game think they are.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was a lower scoring game than most think. The closer it is, the worse our chances are because Special teams is a myth in Starkville. We need to get up by 10-14 and run the ball. Hopefully we can get a few turnovers and force Auburn to press. Should be a good game.

Dawg61
10-11-2014, 01:12 PM
UAB had 4 plays that totaled over 350 yards passing. It's been a gift for us. Everyone takes us lighter than they should because of that game. They look at the total offensive yards given up and don't take the time to realize UAB connected on 4 pass plays longer than 70 yards. UAB is a gift for MSU. We want teams testing us deep because that's the easiest way to get interceptions.

TUSK
10-11-2014, 01:16 PM
my point wasn't so much that MSU's 2ndary "sucks", it's just that AU's skill pos are really, really good...

and when those mules get things "clicking" they can be formidable...

I agree... yall need to slow the game, win TOP, convert 3rd downs....

Dawg61
10-11-2014, 01:18 PM
my point wasn't so much that MSU's 2ndary "sucks", it's just that AU's skill pos are really, really good...

and when those mules get things "clicking" they can be formidable...

I agree... yall need to slow the game, win TOP, convert 3rd downs....

Marshall can't throw. We'll pick him off 3 times today.

TUSK
10-11-2014, 01:34 PM
don't forget Cam-Lite

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/09/auburn_quarterback_jeremy_john_3.html

Dawg61
10-11-2014, 01:49 PM
don't forget Cam-Lite

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/09/auburn_quarterback_jeremy_john_3.html

What about him? He threw 3 passes last week in a 41-7 blowout. He won't see the field but maybe a few snaps today.