PDA

View Full Version : Fowler to Crowd post broadcast - "You take a backseat to no one"

ScottH
10-11-2014, 11:20 AM
Well done Bulldogs.

MarketingBully01
10-11-2014, 11:23 AM
Agreed, it was loud and a lot of people were there. I am excited to see how we pack out our stadium. This could be a banner day for MSU with a win over Auburn!

MetEdDawg
10-11-2014, 11:34 AM
I know we just had a huge stadium renovation, but can we stay at our current capacity for very long if we maintain national success and continue to have waiting lists for season ticket orders? We also are increasing enrollment which means the number of alumni is going to increase significantly moving forward. Bulldog Club has already increased by over 2,000 members in the past two years and I see that number continuing to increase with our success.

If we continue to have these kinds of games and continue to have the demand we do for tickets, how long before we add in the other end zone or find new ways to increase capacity? I have to think if we stay on the national stage for 2-3 more years that we will have to consider it because I think the demand will absolutely be there.

msstate7
10-11-2014, 11:37 AM
I know we just had a huge stadium renovation, but can we stay at our current capacity for very long if we maintain national success and continue to have waiting lists for season ticket orders? We also are increasing enrollment which means the number of alumni is going to increase significantly moving forward. Bulldog Club has already increased by over 2,000 members in the past two years and I see that number continuing to increase with our success.

If we continue to have these kinds of games and continue to have the demand we do for tickets, how long before we add in the other end zone or find new ways to increase capacity? I have to think if we stay on the national stage for 2-3 more years that we will have to consider it because I think the demand will absolutely be there.

Last week we had empty seats. We're selling 3-pack tix (including 2 sec games) for $99. We don't need more seating. I'd rather make what we have better with chair backs and such

Bully13
10-11-2014, 11:37 AM

If we bowled in the other end zone, we would have to move the mega tron, no?

MetEdDawg
10-11-2014, 11:40 AM
Last week we had empty seats. We're selling 3-pack tix (including 2 sec games) for $99. We don't need more seating. I'd rather make what we have better with chair backs and such

Oh I know we've got some empty seats now. But next year you won't see any. You always see the change the next season and I think we will have an insane amount of demand next year. And again, this is 5 years down the road I'm talking about. If we continue to win 8-10 games per year over the next 3-5 years, the demand from our fan base may be too much for us to not think about at least adding something in the other end zone.

MetEdDawg
10-11-2014, 11:42 AM
If we bowled in the other end zone, we would have to move the mega tron, no?

It would be an interesting discussion on what to do. I think we could add a few thousand in front but we would definitely be limited in the scale with which we could do something because of the jumbotron. But we could always add some in the corners in that end zone and not have problems with viewing the game from those seats.

msstate7
10-11-2014, 11:44 AM
Oh I know we've got some empty seats now. But next year you won't see any. You always see the change the next season and I think we will have an insane amount of demand next year. And again, this is 5 years down the road I'm talking about. If we continue to win 8-10 games per year over the next 3-5 years, the demand from our fan base may be too much for us to not think about at least adding something in the other end zone.

Then I agree assuming we stay on the rise

Ralph
10-11-2014, 11:45 AM
I think the next phase will likely be making the west side upper match the east side. That would likely add a little seating (maybe 1k-2k?), improve press box and add more skyboxes. Just a guess I have no idea.

Bully13
10-11-2014, 11:47 AM
next expansion HAS to be to bowl in the other end zone. jumbotron can be dealt with somehow someway. tear it down and move it to the top of the new endzone. we can do it at MSU.. engineers and shit.

dawgs
10-11-2014, 11:54 AM

This. Imo mid-60K is around all we need. Keep demand high. at this point I'd much rather invest in quality over quantity. Attendance around the country is generally declining, even at national powers. I'd rather have a 63K seat stadium that's extremely modern, nice, and fan friendly than a 75K stadium that has 10-15K empty seats 99% of the time.

Maroonthirteen
10-11-2014, 11:54 AM
Next expansion will be a renovation of the quarter deck to luxury boxes and upgrade of the press box area. We may gain a few seats out of it with the expansion of the quarter and upper to the goal lines. The way we are selling luxury seats, it is a no brainer.

ScoobaDawg
10-11-2014, 12:05 PM
Next expansion will be a renovation of the quarter deck to luxury boxes and upgrade of the press box area. We may gain a few seats out of it with the expansion of the quarter and upper to the goal lines. The way we are selling luxury seats, it is a no brainer.

Exactly. luxury suites is what we need. south endzone will be a MAJOR expansion that will involve likely replacing the Seal building and upgrading/replacing dawgzillztron.

The press box really needs to be expanded and upgraded and the quarter deck can be converted pretty easily. into suites/club level

As we keep winning people who cant afford the luxury suites will keep having to join the BC to get tickets and we an get full price for those upper deck seats.

Lumpy Chucklelips
10-11-2014, 12:16 PM
The North end zone actually had two phases to it. We just completed phase 1. Phase two would take it up to the height of the upper decks. There are pics on the web.

Don't be surprised if you see Strickland do something similar in the South end zone as he has planned for Dudy Noble....year round condo's overlooking the field and the Junction. Now that would be cool as hell in my opinion.

WinningIsRelentless
10-11-2014, 12:18 PM

You guys forget about the gridiron club! It wasn't as many empty seats as people think

Ralph
10-11-2014, 12:19 PM
Don't be surprised if you see Strickland do something similar in the South end zone as he has planned for Dudy Noble....year round condo's overlooking the field and the Junction. Now that would be cool as hell in my opinion.

That would be badass.

ScoobaDawg
10-11-2014, 12:23 PM
The North end zone actually had two phases to it. We just completed phase 1. Phase two would take it up to the height of the upper decks. There are pics on the web.

I've never seen a photo with the north endzone with a full size upper deck. Thats more like a 20 year plan and of course would require removing the new scoreboard.
maybe its just too outside the box for me but no thanks on condos at the stadium.

IMissJack
10-11-2014, 12:23 PM
Underneath East side Needs renovation first.

Dawgowar
10-11-2014, 12:26 PM
That would be badass.

Or a hotel like Toronto. Solve two problems.

rrog17
10-11-2014, 12:54 PM
I think the next phase will likely be making the west side upper match the east side. That would likely add a little seating (maybe 1k-2k?), improve press box and add more skyboxes. Just a guess I have no idea.

YES!!!