PDA

View Full Version : Friday upset possibilities....

CadaverDawg
05-30-2013, 06:59 PM
Im basing "upset" on any lower seed beating a higher seed. Feel free to list others that you could see happening. These are some of the games I will be keeping an eye on for upsets....

Clemson vs Liberty
South Carolina vs St Louis (St Louis is a solid team)
Ole Miss vs Bill &Mary (hoping more than anything)
Arizona St vs New Mexico
Cal Poly vs San Diego
UCLA vs SDSt
Oklahoma vs Coastal Carolina
Sam Houston St vs ULL

Vandy vs ETSU (Good pitcher for ETSU)
Miami vs Okla State
Alabama vs Troy
USA vs Mercer
Wichita St vs Kansas State

I see the South Carolina, Starkville, and UCLA Regionals as the 3 that could have the most upsets.

Liberty and St Louis are pretty good 3 and 4 seeds, so add that to Clemson and we may not even see it come down to USC vs Clemson in that Regional.

And the more I look at the decision to pitch Graveman in game 1, the more I get it. If you lose game 1 in a Regional as balanced as ours is...it could get out of hand quick. I think Cohen is going with Graveman because he wants to establish order as quickly as possible in this Regional. I think if we come out and dominate UCA it will show that we aren't taking anything lightly.

msstate7
05-30-2013, 07:14 PM
Well I think we should be on the upset alert list considering we lost 2 outta 3 to central Arkansas. I don't think we lose but we better play well

Ronny
05-30-2013, 08:33 PM
..baseball philosopher, Ron Polk, once said: "There is no such thing as upsets in the game of baseball."

This is about the only thing Ron Polk has ever said that I agreed with.

Especially in a tournament format like the regionals: Strictly speaking, lower seeds beating higher seeds this weekend can not be technically defined as an upset. Why? Because it's baseball.