PDA

View Full Version : Who will you be pulling for in Game 1 tomorrow (USA vs Mercer)?

CadaverDawg
05-30-2013, 06:36 PM
I have been struggling with who I would rather us face in Game 2 (assuming we beat UCA).

I don't like a team that hits the long ball well, but I saw where Mercer's Head Coach said "the balls that are usually HR's in our park, haven't been in batting practice so far here" (paraphrasing).....so I am feeling more and more like Mercer may be the easier match up. Plus, they have nothing but RHP in the rotation and at closer. Meanwhile USA will likely be starting a lefty in Game 2, and they have a LH closer as well.

I think that I am leaning more towards pulling for Mercer right now. After seeing how well we hit Pecorraro in the Vandy game, I'm liking the idea of facing RHP in games 1 and 2.

Neither really scares me, but if we can face a RHP over LHP, I will take the Righty....even though his record and ERA are slightly better than USA's lefty.

Thoughts?

Ronny
05-30-2013, 08:26 PM
..one of the "experts" claims Mercer is really a #2 seed level team, but got screwed by the committee when they got cast down to #3 seed status.

Also, I know we can beat South Alabama, because we've already done it.

So I would rather play USA than Mercer.

State82
05-30-2013, 09:20 PM
I was thinking about this earlier. I honestly do not have any idea as to who I would rather face in game 2 at this point. I would probably take the RHP, but who knows. Right now, I am more concerned with just getting to the winners bracket than who I would rather face there. This whole deal makes me kinda nervous. But, I will be there tomorrow for the 2:00 game regardless.

CadaverDawg
05-30-2013, 09:25 PM
..one of the "experts" claims Mercer is really a #2 seed level team, but got screwed by the committee when they got cast down to #3 seed status.

Also, I know we can beat South Alabama, because we've already done it.

So I would rather play USA than Mercer.

Did you notice how in one thread you just posted that "anybody can win on any given day in baseball" or something like that....and then in this thread you use the fact that we beat USA in a midweek game this year as a reason to want to play them? Ha, I just found that a little ironic.

ETA: Simply joking with you by the way. We have some sensitive ******s around here these days, so I wanted to make sure you didn't think I was trying to call you out.

CadaverDawg
05-30-2013, 09:28 PM
I was thinking about this earlier. I honestly do not have any idea as to who I would rather face in game 2 at this point. I would probably take the RHP, but who knows. Right now, I am more concerned with just getting to the winners bracket than who I would rather face there. This whole deal makes me kinda nervous. But, I will be there tomorrow for the 2:00 game regardless.

Ha Yea, I'm thinking once we watch the first game, we will be wishing we played the loser just because the other one played well and won.

TrueMaroon
05-30-2013, 10:11 PM
Mercer depends heavily on HRs to be successful. I dont see them hitting a lot of bombs at our park, whereas South Alabama was practically a host worthy team. Id much rather play Mercer and see those hits drop at the warning track. Thats the huge benefit of having it at our place-force them to play our kind of baseball.

bgdog
05-30-2013, 10:24 PM
Mercer. I have a fear of playing teams we have already beaten. It just seems like the odds of beating a team 2 or 3 times instead of 1 are tough. I could have shit bricks game 4 of A&M

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-30-2013, 10:24 PM
Im pulling for USA for personal reasons.

ghostofjackie
05-30-2013, 10:47 PM
Im pulling for USA for personal reasons.

Gay guy on the team?

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-30-2013, 10:51 PM
their AD is a good friend of mine. But thanks for confirming the mental midget mississippi stereotype.

Hump4Hoops
05-31-2013, 07:22 AM
Gay guy on the team?

Come on, man. If you're going to make homophobic jokes against someone who's not even gay, at least make them funny. Even going with "Boyfriend on the team?" would have been much better.

Also, Mercer.

Spider-Man
05-31-2013, 07:49 AM
Doesn't matter to me.

hometowndawg
05-31-2013, 08:37 AM
Pulling for Mercer. I'm not Cohen so I don't rely on the matchup quite has heavily as the rest of y'all do. I think it is mostly a mind thing. Look at the Rays coach Joe Madden. He will tell you everything you need to know ab matchups.

Pitching Luis against the "long-ball" team kinda scares me though. Let's hope that there is a strong westerly wind that day.

Beware of the fence outfielders we dont want a Brice Harper happening

hometowndawg
05-31-2013, 08:40 AM
[QUOTE=Hump4Hoops;18883]Come on, man. If you're going to make homophobic jokes against someone who's not even gay, at least make them funny. Even going with "Boyfriend on the team?" would have been much better.

If you cant take a joke the GTFO this message board. Laugh at it or not but your response wasn't needed

CadaverDawg
05-31-2013, 08:45 AM
But thanks for confirming the mental midget mississippi stereotype.

In his defense, you do have a Brokeback scene for an avatar. If you can't handle a comment or joke about it, why did you use that pic?

I'm not saying I agree with what he said....but if I had a picture of rainbows and pink butterflies, I wouldn't get offended if people made "girl" or "sissy" jokes about me.

maroonmania
05-31-2013, 08:51 AM
[QUOTE=Hump4Hoops;18883]Come on, man. If you're going to make homophobic jokes against someone who's not even gay, at least make them funny. Even going with "Boyfriend on the team?" would have been much better.

If you cant take a joke the GTFO this message board. Laugh at it or not but your response wasn't needed

And seriously, I'm sorry but I really don't understand the purpose of pushing a gay agenda on a sports message board anyway.

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-31-2013, 08:51 AM
Im not offended. I just wish folks could post about sports here. If you want to discuss stuff like that, go to the political board. I dont want someone shitting on every thread on the sports board. That will get annoying. Nobody would make snide comments if I had a girls ass or 2 chicks hugging. Just a double standard and we need to drop this stuff of the sports board. If you cant help yourself to making a stupid comment every time I post, maybe you shouldnt post. It will just ruin threads.

Go Jaguars.

Coach34
05-31-2013, 08:59 AM
Ennis, you avatar is like a Standsbury thread circa 2009 on Sixpack. People know they are being sucked in purposely but they still just cant help it.

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-31-2013, 09:00 AM
Ennis, you avatar is like a Standsbury thread circa 2009 on Sixpack. People know they are being sucked in purposely but they still just cant help it.

took it from you. I find it quite entertaining. The bubbas make me laugh. Still, stuff like that belongs on the political board imo.

Sandman14
05-31-2013, 09:43 AM
USA was in discussions to host a regional until the last week or so. Mercer was never in the discussion to host a regional. One team is better than the other. I want to face the worse team.

Ronny
05-31-2013, 10:12 AM
Did you notice how in one thread you just posted that "anybody can win on any given day in baseball" or something like that....and then in this thread you use the fact that we beat USA in a midweek game this year as a reason to want to play them? Ha, I just found that a little ironic.

ETA: Simply joking with you by the way. We have some sensitive ******s around here these days, so I wanted to make sure you didn't think I was trying to call you out.

..All I notcied was you asked the question, "Who would you rather play? Mercer or South Alabama?"

& I answered South Alabama.

Leave the Lenny Bruce stand-up routine to the sixpack comedian's guild.

War Machine Dawg
05-31-2013, 10:27 AM
Mercer. Payback's a bitch. Plus, we'll have to beat the bastards at some point this weekend, might as well be Saturday.

Sandman14
05-31-2013, 10:31 AM
Mercer. Payback's a bitch. Plus, we'll have to beat the bastards at some point this weekend, might as well be Saturday.

That's incorrect. It is very possible that USA beats Mercer, we beat USA, USA beats Mercer again and faces us in the championship.

Will James
05-31-2013, 11:02 AM
Mercer is the better team.

I'm pulling for South Alabama

ghostofjackie
05-31-2013, 11:24 AM
[QUOTE=hometowndawg;18907]

And seriously, I'm sorry but I really don't understand the purpose of pushing a gay agenda on a sports message board anyway.

They aren't doing it to bait people in. (Coach34 Standsbury SPS style) They push the agenda because that's what liberals do. They push agendas...... And I'm going to continue to make fun of them for it.

sandwolf
05-31-2013, 12:52 PM
I just wish folks could post about sports here.If you want to discuss stuff like that, go to the political board. I dont want someone shitting on every thread on the sports board. That will get annoying.

So to summarize, you come to an MSU sports message board (where you know that the tolerance for homosexuality is far below average), choose a picture of a couple of queers dressed up like cowboys for your avatar, and then turn around and lecture those that comment about this not being the place to address that topic. That is truly rich.