PDA

View Full Version : Question about tailgating

huffy
10-10-2014, 09:33 AM
Can anyone bring a golf cart to the stadium? I thought that'd be a lot easier than walking everything to the Junction.

first time tailgating so try to resist the urge of ripping me apart if it's a dumb question. :)

godlluB
10-10-2014, 09:41 AM
Golf carts on campus have to be licensed and street legal, and I know for a fact that tickets are being written for carts that aren't. Carts aren't allowed in the Junction itself. I'm not sure what other rules might exist. check out gameday.msstate.edu you can probably fine more rules there.

huffy
10-10-2014, 09:44 AM
I knew I couldn't drive into the junction. I was just going to unload at the sidewalk.. but my cart isn't street legal so I guess that's not an option. thanks for the reply!

DawgInMemphis
10-10-2014, 09:47 AM
I knew I couldn't drive into the junction. I was just going to unload at the sidewalk.. but my cart isn't street legal so I guess that's not an option. thanks for the reply!

Did you take the restrictor plate off to give it a little more juice?

Political Hack
10-10-2014, 10:10 AM
quick, everyone point and laugh at huffy.

huffy
10-10-2014, 10:13 AM
this is the only info I can find:

http://fanguide.msstate.edu/parking/carts.php

But I can't find the article it's requesting.

For a golf cart to be allowed on campus, it must be deemed street legal by the MS Motor Vehicle and Traffic regulations, please see MS Code Annotated Title 62-1-1 seq.

huffy
10-10-2014, 10:14 AM
quick, everyone point and laugh at huffy.

not cool man.... haha

chainedup_Dawg
10-10-2014, 10:19 AM
All I can ally tell you is that the group I tailgate with brings a golf cart. It has headlights, but I don't think it has tail lights, that is the only thing street legal about it. Other than that it is a standard cart with the rear seat. We park on the road that runs by the HP, load everything up and drive right in. We have never had a problem, even making several trips back and forth to the vehicle. Also, you can drive right up to the stadium next to Bell Island with no issues and park right there.

huffy
10-10-2014, 10:24 AM
All I can ally tell you is that the group I tailgate with brings a golf cart. It has headlights, but I don't think it has tail lights, that is the only thing street legal about it. Other than that it is a standard cart with the rear seat. We park on the road that runs by the HP, load everything up and drive right in. We have never had a problem, even making several trips back and forth to the vehicle. Also, you can drive right up to the stadium next to Bell Island with no issues and park right there.

thanks for the response!

I think I will chance it. just load my stuff up drop it off at a sidewalk and then load the thing back up on the trailer.